When are you visiting Thailand next?

lovethai123

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Kind of defeats the purpose of travelling doesn't it, although I do know that people vaccinated can become infected and asymptomatic, spreading it, so looks like quarantine will have to be around for a while to come until they can sort a vaccine that will stop it dead in it's tracks, but that could take years.

The above said, everyone NEEDS to get vaccinated to reduce the spread of this horrible disease so that we can build up a decent herd immunity which would then allow us to get back to life without having to quarantine.

Couldn’t agree more myself and family will be having it as soon as it is available in Thailand.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Couldn’t agree more myself and family will be having it as soon as it is available in Thailand.

Thanks for the reminder, will have to ask the wife what she is going to do with her parents getting it.

Also from what I have read kids under 12 won't be getting it, that said, I will have to make some enquiries with the private hospitals in due course to see where I might be on the list, e.g. 60 pre-exising condition ?

7 hours ago, simon43 said:

I'd normally visit Bangkok each year from my base in Laos to have a health check, go to the dentist, buy decent new shoes, clothes etc.

Since Thailand has far more Covid deaths and cases than Laos, my visit is on hold, one tooth has fallen out after I bit a hard nut and with my old clothes I now look like Worzel Gummidge ????  (My health is good though..)

good luck for your health. dont let your guard loose if the covid cases in laos ae negligible. take precautions . stay healthy. stay strong. hope u shud be able to visit thailand sometime soon for medical checkups.

On 12/18/2020 at 12:14 PM, RichardColeman said:

In the UK, 57 and with some health issues I would expect to be probably in tier 5 or 6 I guess, so I guess March April at best. THEN, the issue would be will they be issuing travel vaccine stamps in passports and will Thailand allow no quarantine if you have one.

Some countries still require vaccination certificates for yellow fever/ polio /meningitis. A similar system is likely for covid eventually.

Also, we only have educated guesses as to whether the vaccine needs to be repeated every x months, so having to prove you had the jab within x months of travel is possible. I can't see this being implemented for at least 6 months realistically. The inevitable post-xmas spike will probably delay things too, let alone whatever delights brexit has in store.

This time next year without quarantine - maybe.

11 hours ago, simon43 said:

I'd normally visit Bangkok each year from my base in Laos to have a health check, go to the dentist, buy decent new shoes, clothes etc.

Since Thailand has far more Covid deaths and cases than Laos, my visit is on hold, one tooth has fallen out after I bit a hard nut and with my old clothes I now look like Worzel Gummidge ????  (My health is good though..)

Wise move given what's going on in Thailand now.  Much safer where you are.

Edited by Oliver Holzerfilled

17 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Lame Question of the Day600+ breakout today

When i posted , there was no news of that outbreak. I think we should all appreciate Thailand for handling the crisis and keeping the reported numbers low. 

That samut sakhon outbreak is already being blamed on the " migrant workers". 

No idea if they will be treated at least as a human and provided medical care.

On 12/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, starky said:

Pertinent question i guess lol put the 3 letters  together and google it mate .

When will they ever learn Australian vernacular. I upset them with the word “wowser”.

Edited by Mayhem11

I might go back sometime next year if flights start up again and the quarantines are a thing of the past. As an older guy I will be pretty close to the head of the queue to receive a vaccine so I hope that will help my chances to travel. The only reason I want to return to Thailand is to be with my wife from whom I have been separated since March. Our longer term plan for early 2022 is to evacuate her from Thailand back to Australia and forget about LOS. It has no attraction any more for either of us.

I'm thinking maybe late November or December of 2021.  I'm in no rush really.  I have people looking after my house there and the condo is pretty secure.  Yes, I would rather spend the winter in Thailand but it's kind of a nice change to be in farangland for the winter too.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1