What newspapers do you read?

Nout

What's a newspaper ???

I listen to BBC Radio 4 for news etc. whilst having breakfast.     Listen to other programs as and when there is an interesting subject.
As for Sky news .... all you learn is what the weather will be like, an absolutely c... waste of TV news.
Read some of the newspaper clips shown on Thaivisa.

1 minute ago, Nout said:

Newspapers took advertising revenue and the powerful companies that advertised shaped editorial policy and controlled newspaper content.

Obviously that is at least in part true. But with which medium is it not true? TV? Internet? Publishing news cost money. The money must come from somewhere. And like this thread shows most people, at least TV readers, don't want to pay money for news. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's sad when people are ignorant. It's even worse when they are proud to be ignorant.

Maybe just read one or two articles in the Guardian and think again - or would that challenge your world view?

I read the Guardian every day. I have been reading it for over 55 years which is how I know how far it has sunk into an ideological morass. It started with Toynbee's anti male so called feminist articles in the 70s. It continues today by its slavish wokness and commitment to middle class Marxist trends and its employment of biased writers. Too many of its articles are written in the language of anti capitalism, anti colonialism and predicated on the assumption that everybody has such a liberal leftist view and that such a view is correct and somehow occupies the moral higher-end. The readership say otherwise. Oh no it doesn't. Because the Guardian does not allow a readers comment section..unlike the DM.

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's sad when people are ignorant. It's even worse when they are proud to be ignorant.

Maybe just read one or two articles in the Guardian and think again - or would that challenge your world view?

You've taken me the wrong way.  I was summing up the post of the user I quoted.  

I like and support the Guardian and it is my favourite newspaper.  The Daily Mail is a nasty, hate mongering, little right wing rag.

1 hour ago, Nout said:

The readership say otherwise. Oh no it doesn't. Because the Guardian does not allow a readers comment section..unlike the DM.

That shows your ignorance again.

The Guardian allows comments for many but not all articles.

And the comments of the readers are diverse.

On some articles the majority of the readers agree and have supportive comments.

On some articles most readers disagree.

And on some articles there are many pro and contra views.

Nobody is forced to comment one way or another. All views are allowed.

And the Guardian even allows certain 4 letter words to be written without any $@% characters.

And obviously you would know all this if you would actually read it - even only once a month or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

You've taken me the wrong way.  I was summing up the post of the user I quoted.  

I like and support the Guardian and it is my favourite newspaper.  The Daily Mail is a nasty, hate mongering, little right wing rag.

Sorry, it seems I only read (what I thought was) your summary.