Thailand confirms 81 new coronavirus infections

webfact

48 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Maybe. But 81 is far less than I expected, so if this holds it is not too bad at all.

They only reported 67 yesterday, which was only Thai numbers and buried the over 1000 new cases of migrants at the bottom.  They have been separating out the numbers and not truly reporting them as one total.   Who knows how many migrants tested positive today.

6 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Yes it does. Total 81.

It breaks it down into 9 from ASQ Hotels

37 From local transmission

35 from migrants

Just saw the update that shows what your saying.  Prior to 1pm they did not elaborate on those migrant workers, but then there are probably numbers they have not reported yet as well.

16 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

That map and the figures related to it don't appear to be up to date...nor does the map itself actually show Samut Sakhon as being RED.

The RED provinces on that map in the central area are shown as BKK, Samuk Prakan and Chonburi. Samut Sakhon is shown there as WHITE.

Screenshot_4.jpg.71e61e97ed4db8ccf9f26f055a8b12ee.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

81 that they found. Those who haven’t been found are still out there spreading if. Those 81 who have been found have already spread it.

81 found means several hundred actual infections, if not into the 1000s. 

There is data on this where a certain amount of infections are expected per every 1 that’s found.

Show that data please.

I think even this government is hesitant to order a Nationwide Lockdown.  Few places in the world that had multiple lockdowns have been “able to contain” the virus.  I was wondering how do you contain a virus?  The common cold is a virus and it has never been contained and certainly Influenza comes around every year and kills.  

The only truly successful countries to actually contain in some ways have been Taiwan and New Zealand.  Both countries are island nations and do not have land borders.  

One can only assess based upon the published numbers(if you believe them or not) and the current numbers do not support a nationwide lockdown. 

The economy is on life support and a nationwide lockdown even for a month could be the death blow. 

When I traveled in the past I often used the McDonalds and Starbucks index to see how the local economy was.

I went into a Starbucks the yesterday at 1030 and I was the only customer there and it was kind of weird as I drank my green tea latte.  Also, I went into a local McDonald for my annual pancakes(for some reason I like McD pancakes) and eggs and i was the only customer for 45 minutes.  I have never experienced solo dining in either place.

Edited by sqwakvfr
Grammar
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I went into a Starbucks the yesterday at 1030 and I was the only customer there and it was kind of weird as I drank my green tea latte.  Also, I went into a local McDonald for my annual pancakes(for some reason I like McD pancakes) and eggs and i was the only customer for 45 minutes.  I have never experienced solo dining in either place.

There must be simply awesome bandwidth on their free wi-fi these days, no?

Edited by NanLaew

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The RED provinces on that map in the central area are shown as BKK, Samuk Prakan and Chonburi. Samut Sakhon is shown there as WHITE.

That's why I was asking is there somewhere to see up to date Zoning info, as what the local schools and the local tambon authorities are spreading is different to what I understand to be the situation, and also what I see with my own eyes, e.g. schools have stated that an annual market / fair (26th to 2nd) is cancelled but the stall holders are still arriving and setting up.

9 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

The PM has stated there will be no national lockdown, as I implied elsewhere there will be 76 provincial lockdowns instead, then the PM can stand up and say a national lockdown was not necessary but local lockdowns were as judged by the local governors. Not his fault.

Spot on. That's where it is heading. There are more and more restrictions issued everyday by various provinces.

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Those posting above here do realize, I hope, that the government simply isn't reporting masses of cases in Samut Sakhon as yet in their daily briefings... for reasons that remain as yet unexplained...

Because they are afraid to panic the rest of the country 

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Those posting above here do realize, I hope, that the government simply isn't reporting masses of cases in Samut Sakhon as yet in their daily briefings... for reasons that remain as yet unexplained...

How do you know they are not reporting all cases?