Thailand confirms 81 new coronavirus infections

webfact

23 minutes ago, berrec said:

Interesting my friend from the USA returning to Thailand this month (wife and house in Hua Hin) had all the COVID clearance certificates from the USA prior to his departure. 

After 4 days in a Bangkok ASQ hotel both his tests here were false positive; so he was shuffled off into hospital for 10 days with no internal or external signs of COVID symptoms and could not remain in the ASQ hotel according to government policy.

So if you have these hordes of asymptomatic Myanmar folks out there why would they not be also hospitalized.  

Or do we have two sets of policies here in Thailand for COVID mitigation and containment.  

If your a Farang with money off to hospital but if your a dirt poor Myanmar labourer; no worries mate she'll be ok.

BTW his hospital bill for 10 days of COVID monitoring and standard PCR testing was 70,000 Baht. 

Was that 70.000 Bt over and above his ASQ fee? He obviously must have had that $100.000 insurance scam policy, so again

he must have been insured with a company who will not pay out for the first 14 days.

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Denis said:

So your friend had two false positive tests (some on the Forum claiming that the odds for that are infinitely small) and was taken from his ASQ Hotel to the Hospital for monitoring (no treatment as he did not have any symptoms).

But what about his 100.000 US $ insurance coverage for covid-19 treatment?  Did the insurance pay the 70.000 THB or is he in the process of trying to claim it back (some of those insurance policies won't pay out if it turns out that you were not actually in need of 'treatment').

Hi, he is with Blue Cross USA for the COVID insurance; his concern is that Blue Cross may not consider his condition in Thailand required hospitalization, if in the USA just isolation and house lockdown; so the short answer is he has not yet made an application for hospitalization costs recovery he is just so happy to out in Hua Hin with his wife and family for Christmas and New Year and playing some golf again. 

I will let you know the outcome of his claim once he discusses it with Blue Cross.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

no need to worry, they keep saying that all is under control, the 2 smartest ones at the government said the same thing 555

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/thailand-confident-coronavirus-outbreak-controllable-74893220

“I can assure that the government will do its best,” Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said in a live televised address after a meeting of the government’s COVID-19 coordinating center. “The Public Health Ministry confirms to me that it is controllable if everyone gives cooperation.”

57 minutes ago, berrec said:

Hi, he is with Blue Cross USA for the COVID insurance; his concern is that Blue Cross may not consider his condition in Thailand required hospitalization, if in the USA just isolation and house lockdown; so the short answer is he has not yet made an application for hospitalization costs recovery he is just so happy to out in Hua Hin with his wife and family for Christmas and New Year and playing some golf again. 

I will let you know the outcome of his claim once he discusses it with Blue Cross.   

For any insurance one has to follow directions from authorities. So whether or not it requires hospitalisation is immaterial since authorities required him to hospitalise. So it will be covered.

29 minutes ago, stevenl said:

For any insurance one has to follow directions from authorities. So whether or not it requires hospitalisation is immaterial since authorities required him to hospitalise. So it will be covered.

Read a post yesterday of a TVF-member whose IO-approved 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance was not inclined to pay his hospitalization as he didn't need to get covid-19 treatment but was under mandatory surveillance. 

Luckily he arrived in Thailand with Emirates, and they do provide FREE covid-19 coverage for 31 days on arrival and did pay out his hospital bill 'no questions asked'.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1198262-emirates-free-covid-insurance/?tab=comments#elControls_16111012_menu

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 12:26 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Yet, they are still keeping things open for domestic travel, and certain venues to be used such as parks, shopping malls, large areas where people gather and shop such as Yaowrat Rd and the small side Sois which are packed with shoppers.  Schools being shut have only added more bodies to these places.  I expect the numbers to soon reach all provinces as people travel home for the New Year holiday.

Well then, there's no doubt you should be in charge of things. Why not run for prime minister? 

23 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Ohhh stop with  the doom and gloom... I bet your Christmas day will be fun.  Not..

Unfortunately we have to suffer those that cannot stand being near the bottom of the table.

I was at the hospital on Wednesday and it was extremely quiet, I daren't say like a morgue or the dead body brigade will come to the fore.

Western hospitals can only ever dream of such a situation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Read a post yesterday of a TVF-member whose IO-approved 100.000 US $ covid-19 treatment insurance was not inclined to pay his hospitalization as he didn't need to get covid-19 treatment but was under mandatory surveillance. 

Luckily he arrived in Thailand with Emirates, and they do provide FREE covid-19 coverage for 31 days on arrival and did pay out his hospital bill 'no questions asked'.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1198262-emirates-free-covid-insurance/?tab=comments#elControls_16111012_menu

He was advised to pay himself and then raise a complaint. He didn't need to do that as he had the Emirates insurance. So Tokio Marine got away with it. In the end they would have been forced to pay.

But of course still very inconvenient.

Edited by stevenl

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Was that 70.000 Bt over and above his ASQ fee? He obviously must have had that $100.000 insurance scam policy, so again

he must have been insured with a company who will not pay out for the first 14 days.

Oh woe! The inhumanity! The world is sooooooo unfair! I assume that all 3 or more of you are healthy, living a decent life, with little or no real financial worries. Yet rather than count your blessings and accept life as it is you must whine like babies at every perceived injustice. Stomping your feet and holding your breath until your face turns blue hoping someone will notice and pat your heads and go "there, there". Really, you guys are pathetic. I just got back and went through all of that, no problems and no worries. I am always skeptical of 2nd hand or 3rd stories which seem to become embellished with each telling. But I was fully prepared before I came back for things to go wrong, and if it even it came to my being deported for visa issues or even as a result of quarantine mishaps, or if I actually caught covid, and since I'm a mature adult, I wouldn't have complained about things over which I have no control. I came to Thailand with eyes wide open and accepting all risks. There is no more crookedness and greedy pockets here than in most other countries. Thailand is entitled to do things as they see fit. It's their country, not mine, and not yours. Any way you slice it I'm 1000% better off here than in the US. And no matter what guys like you think or say about it, Thailand has done exponentially  better controlling covid than most western countries, ESPECIALLY the US which now has more than 300,000 dead. Your hospitalized friend will undoubtedly be OK, as will you. Those poor suffering low income folks are indeed deserving of your and everyone else's sympathy, but it sounds like you're more sorry for yourselves than for them. Nonetheless, I wish EVERYONE well, count your blessings, and Merry Christmas and Happy stress free New Year.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Oh woe! The inhumanity! The world is sooooooo unfair! I assume that all 3 or more of you are healthy, living a decent life, with little or no real financial worries. Yet rather than count your blessings and accept life as it is you must whine like babies at every perceived injustice. Stomping your feet and holding your breath until your face turns blue hoping someone will notice and pat your heads and go "there, there". Really, you guys are pathetic. I just got back and went through all of that, no problems and no worries. I am always skeptical of 2nd hand or 3rd stories which seem to become embellished with each telling. But I was fully prepared before I came back for things to go wrong, and if it even it came to my being deported for visa issues or even as a result of quarantine mishaps, or if I actually caught covid, and since I'm a mature adult, I wouldn't have complained about things over which I have no control. I came to Thailand with eyes wide open and accepting all risks. There is no more crookedness and greedy pockets here than in most other countries. Thailand is entitled to do things as they see fit. It's their country, not mine, and not yours. Any way you slice it I'm 1000% better off here than in the US. And no matter what guys like you think or say about it, Thailand has done exponentially  better controlling covid than most western countries, ESPECIALLY the US which now has more than 300,000 dead. Your hospitalized friend will undoubtedly be OK, as will you. Those poor suffering low income folks are indeed deserving of your and everyone else's sympathy, but it sounds like you're more sorry for yourselves than for them. Nonetheless, I wish EVERYONE well, count your blessings, and Merry Christmas and Happy stress free New Year.

Most other countries have a government elected by the people, not an unelected, military educated "PM" who just bullied his way in to power, along with his tinpot soldiers.

"Thailand is entitled to do things as they see fit". Of course they are, but they should be fair about it, not allowing us to own property or buy land is unfair, even just a small house and a rai of land.

Making us report every 90 days is also unfair, why should they treat people who come to live here, contribute to their economy, take their families out of poverty etc, like common criminals?

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/25/2020 at 5:20 AM, webfact said:

Thailand confirms 81 new coronavirus infections

2020-12-25T044608Z_1_LYNXMPEGBO042_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A migrant worker has her temperature checked as she queues to talk with the public health authorities for a COVID-19 investigation at a fresh market, amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Bangkok, Thailand, December 22, 2020. REUTERS/Chalinee Thirasupa/File Photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand confirmed 81 new coronavirus infections on Friday, of which nine were imported from abroad, the public health ministry said.

Around half the 72 locally transmitted cases reported were linked to an outbreak discovered at the weekend at a seafood centre near the capital Bangkok, the ministry said in a statement.

It did not say where the other cases were from.

More than 1,400 infections have been linked to the seafood centre outbreak since last week, the majority of those migrant workers from Myanmar.

(Reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat and Orathai Sriring; Editing by Shri Navaratnam)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-12-25   PROPAGAND  <deleted> ...its Corona NOT Covid.... And its CASES not Inrections...total <deleted> scare story.

3 hours ago, Ludo55 said:

That is pure rubbish, have you seen the packed Disco's, Gogos, Bars, GC, around Pattaya. No masks, no social distancing, no hand washing 

Have to say I havnt had the benefit of that first hand knowledge.  Last time I was there it was a deserted wasteland.  I dare say the patrons and the ladies will have built up a massive resistance to all sorts of virus'. ????  

On 12/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, 4reaL said:

It will be exponentially spreading now if the incubation period really is 10 to 14 days from the initial cases in Mae Sai and Maha Chai.

Thanks for your brilliant scientific deduction, and prediction. Exponentially. Wow. So, we should be very scared? 

Do you also predict this will lead to a Zombie Apocalypse? Perhaps the end of mankind? 

How about a more tempered approach? After a bad week, with 1,200 cases out of the blue, only about 200 in the past few days. Maybe things are under control, after all? Maybe most of us will survive? Maybe some are working very hard to bring this latest outbreak under control? 

• Like 1

Just a simple question...Thailand seem to place a lot of trust in temperature checking, ie no temperature = not sick?

What about the huge amount of Migrants and Thais that are asymptomatic?  Ie Have covid, but no symptoms etc, no temperature?   Its suggested that the UK for example have over 50% that are asymptomatic?

50 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thanks for your brilliant scientific deduction, and prediction. Exponentially. Wow. So, we should be very scared? 

Do you also predict this will lead to a Zombie Apocalypse? Perhaps the end of mankind? 

How about a more tempered approach? After a bad week, with 1,200 cases out of the blue, only about 200 in the past few days. Maybe things are under control, after all? Maybe most of us will survive? Maybe some are working very hard to bring this latest outbreak under control? 

Nah, we're all going to die. 

On 12/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, 4reaL said:

It will be exponentially spreading now if the incubation period really is 10 to 14 days from the initial cases in Mae Sai and Maha Chai.

That's assuming that it all began when it hit the news and not before?

23 minutes ago, Paul DS said:

Just a simple question...Thailand seem to place a lot of trust in temperature checking, ie no temperature = not sick?

What about the huge amount of Migrants and Thais that are asymptomatic?  Ie Have covid, but no symptoms etc, no temperature?   Its suggested that the UK for example have over 50% that are asymptomatic?

Asymptomatic 'when tested' is not true asymptomatic. According to this December 20 British Medical Journal article, 50% of those labelled asymptomatic eventually develop symptoms. Only about 20% are really asymptomatic, and, they are less infectious.

So pointing thermometers at people everywhere will eventually pick up some infections. After that, you must start real PCR testing (not testing ministers for antigens).  I think this is the Thai plan.

But what about the weird temperatures at shops and malls? My wife recently told (forced) me to buy a good meter for when family comes. I'm amazed, tracking 5 people at home is stable to 0.20C and I'm routinely 0.30C lower (which I knew).

So now I can go to malls and challenge temperature ladies to gun battles. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Maybe it will rain tomorrow also.

Don't fear facts or the fact very few ppl in Thailand are getting tested and asymptotic ppl show 0 symptoms and spread the virus at will.

You'll be fine though, healthy specimen you obviously are......

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, ThailandRyan said:

They are hiding those numbers for whatever reasons, plus the locals do not want the field hospitals in the locations they are being set up.  There was quite the commotion yesterday regarding it.

Which ever way you look at this, it has been caused by greedy smugglers and cheapskate employers. 

The decision by the government to go after the smugglers and to leave the Burmese gamagons alone is assisting the fish heads who exploit them. 

The government will make an example of a few smuggler's, maybe throw in a few scapegoats, do the reenactment show and lay all the blame on the smugglers. 

Then the enlightened one will take selfies of himself and praise his wisdom, and give a few medals to the army generals who will catch hundreds of Burmese crossing the border. 

My advice to the exploited Burmese is stay home. 

On 12/25/2020 at 6:23 PM, 4reaL said:

Incubation period, I understand can be a short as 2-4 days and usually much shorter than 10 to 14 days, other wises a "fit to fly" certificate would not be limited in most cases to 72 hours, max.   Apart from that, the stable door is open the horse probably fled, especially now that wild animals and pets are apparently testing positive.   Wear a mask.  Sanitise and practice appropriate social distancing.  Especially in massage parlours or bars, or anywhere we filthy Farangs tend to congregate.