mention something good about 2020

sirineou

1 minute ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

For me as was the same as any other year no lock downs 286 days without local infections

just travel restrictions

all the other years you only had 286 days with infections, what happened the other the other 79? 

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Furlough 10 weeks off on 80% salary through the summer - out cycling every day

Returned to work on full salary, working from home not cycling to work in the cold dark winter, can't get to Thailand without a load of hassle anyway might as well be earning

Family safe and well in Thailand - 3 small projects paid for in the pipeline happening now

Two cows calved heifer for breeding and bull to sell later

Rice crop poor, but over all a really good year considering

That's another good thing that happened due to covid this year, many people started  telecommuting and for many of them it might become permanent. 

I think it is the feature with many jobs.  

No reason to go to the office and consume company resources when you can do the same jobe or even better from home. And in certain markets it could save you a lot of money. When I worked in Manhattan it cost my about $ 200 a week to commute, and 1:30 min of my time each way.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That's another good thing that happened due to covid this year, many people started  telecommuting and for many of them it might become permanent. 

I think it is the feature with many jobs.  

No reason to go to the office and consume company resources when you can do the same jobe or even better from home. And in certain markets it could save you a lot of money. When I worked in Manhattan it cost my about $ 200 a week to commute, and 1:30 min of my time each way.  

Winter of 2019 I had a few sick days which hit the red zone when I was knocked off my bike and injured, when confronted by my boss I suggested to lower my sick days, maybe as I cycled to work when the weather was really sh1tty, I could perhaps, work from home for a day or two. Not possible must come into the office, part of team.....roll in 2020 and covid!!!  close to 200 days working from home ???? Love it when people get caught out being ignorant cnuts

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

The Stock market!

PDeibKx.gif

I am still 7% from where I was before covid, I took a big 20% hit when covid hit, and clawed back 13% then in August I parked my portfolio in an interest only account to ride out what I thought would be a second wave. The second wave came but it does not seem to be affecting the stock market. I was thinking about going back in but now with the new covid strain I am afraid that if it makes the Vaccines ineffective, the market will tumble again.

What you think? 

PS: I hope like the guy above, you dont wake up after the party and have to reconsider you driving skills . LOL

Edited by sirineou
  • Haha 2