Remains of rare animals confiscated from high-end Sukhumvit hotel

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Sad to think in this day and age that people are either so desperate or so greedy for money that they have to do this, shame on all concerned!

I hope you mean the ones smuggling these kind of things , otherwise shame on you and be happy that they are taking some kind of messurements (maybe it's because of lack of customers thereby lack of payment) but anyone they catch smuggling or buying these kinds of things is one caught in my books . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I hope you mean the ones smuggling these kind of things , otherwise shame on you and be happy that they are taking some kind of messurements (maybe it's because of lack of customers thereby lack of payment) but anyone they catch smuggling or buying these kinds of things is one caught in my books . 

If you've got an ounce of intelligence, use it! What do you think I mean!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The illegal possession of wildlife remains violates Section 17 of the Wildlife Conservation and Protection Act, and further investigation will be conducted to prosecute those involved in the crime.

I bet the manager is sh*tting bricks, it never goes higher than him, like the real owners !

Seems messed up to me to kill something for its skin as a decoration. Much rather see film of or go to an eco resort and see tigers and other big cats in their natural state.

For farmers who get eaten by tigers I can understand the need to remove them and of their desire to just shoot them and be done with it (they see their livelihood threatened and the gun culture up-country is strong here).

A long time ago back in my Papa's day (he was born in India late 1800's and worked for a huge English conglomerate). Tiger hunting on elephant back back then and into the early part of the 1900's was a big social event and many tigers killed and their skins displayed.

"High end Sukhumvit Hotel" and "Initial investigation showed that the hotel is owned by Thai and foreign businessmen, who were not available when police arrived."

Probably in the Penthouse suite gathering "donations" (Having a whip round!)  

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

There are around 1.5 billion people of Chinese ethnicity in the world, including the diaspora. That would suggest a good deal of fertility, so the need for eating exotic animal parts seems unnecessary.

On the other hand, there are fewer than 5000 tigers left on the planet. Perhaps it would be a good idea for tigers to begin eating Chinese people parts?

Interesting idea. In China I believe that they are abandoning the age-old practice of burial with auspicious feng shui in favor of cremation. Why not feed the dead bodies to tigers and other predators, as is sometimes practiced in Tibet? Environmentally friendly solution....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

There are around 1.5 billion people of Chinese ethnicity in the world, including the diaspora. That would suggest a good deal of fertility, so the need for eating exotic animal parts seems unnecessary.

On the other hand, there are fewer than 5000 tigers left on the planet. Perhaps it would be a good idea for tigers to begin eating Chinese people parts?

There is more than 5,000 tigers in captivity in the USA.

More than 8,000 in captivity in SEA. 

I hope they were captive tiger skins.