Time for Prayut and his allies to reflect on national security, amid Covid surge and political conflict

rooster59

20 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

the government has deployed border police to keep an eye on protesters during major street rallies in the last few months.

Instead of using them to prevent illegal entry by migrants from Covid-ravaged neighbouring countries,

Another 'Tell me what have I done wrong?' moment.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Another 'Tell me what have I done wrong?' moment.

In the land of the blind the man with one eye believes he is king....he,s just a power freak and loves the control he has sadly...????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Time for Prayut and his allies to reflect on national security,

I guess it's past time to throw all farangs out of the county as we have been countless times referred to as "National Security Risks." 

I'm very serious.  I've had this discussion with the family I support on more than one occasion. .  As a man supporting a Thai family, eventually they will come up with a reason to toss Foreign men married to Thai women out of the country.   We are not considered to be "real" Thai families.
But Foreign women marriage to Thai men are "Real Thai Families" and will be allow to stay forever.

It's coming.  When it does - sad for our wives and children who are left without support. But the Thai government is heartless and without compassion. 
A Thai man making 15K THB or less a

month will be able to keep his family together without a threat of his wife ever being tossed out of the country. Or a Thai man who is unemployed will be allowed to keep his Foreign woman in the country as "his" family is a "True" Thai family and can not be separated.
Two different models based on the gender of of the provider.  You can't do this anywhere else in the world.  Except Thailand.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

You forgot the 3 billion for the Thai moon mission stupidity.

But, don't worry Prayut and his cronies are on top of everything else.

Prayutthinking.jpg

prayut fortune teller.jpg

kiss the frog and turn into snail (not a prince as he's already one (sarcasm intended) 555

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It has become obvious that the youth-led democracy movement wants “rule of law” as the solid ground on which Thailand can develop in the 21st century. This is the priority that all stakeholders in the country can agree on.

Good one.

There is a difference between "Rule-by-law" which the basis of the Thai legal contract, supported by the dinos and minions, and "Rule-of-law". The Powers-that-be see no difference; they rule-by-law.

Just look at how quickly they passed the amendment to Communicable Disease Act. It was done in hours. But amending the constitution, slow yer roll there, that requires a committee to define the committees, and is said to take months or years.

I do agree that the current government is incapable and unwilling to deal with the problems facing the country and that mount every day.  I have been here 32 years and not seen a politician I admire or any government make an honest effort to confront the problems facing the country.  Even if this government were to step down voluntarily, does any of us believe that things would be one bit different?  Perhaps the students have it right.

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Good one.

There is a difference between "Rule-by-law" which the basis of the Thai legal contract, supported by the dinos and minions, and "Rule-of-law". The Powers-that-be see no difference; they rule-by-law.

Just look at how quickly they passed the amendment to Communicable Disease Act. It was done in hours. But amending the constitution, slow yer roll there, that requires a committee to define the committees, and is said to take months or years.

Many  Thais dont  want to  follow any laws.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:10 PM, Snig27 said:

When this sort of thing is repeatedly appearing in The Nation, long the voice of the establishment, you know this broken government is in trouble. There are easy solutions to much of the unease and the protests which involve a national conversation. There currently is such a conversation and it now includes topics that were long taboo but are now openly and widely discussed nationwide, but sadly this government has excluded itself from that discussion and simply seems out of step, terrified and over reactive. 

question of time before it falls, need a special event to trigger the fall

• Like 1