Vaccine and certificate

lovethai123

1 hour ago, lovethai123 said:

I am interested to know if those people who are getting vaccinated in US, UK or any other country are getting a vaccination certificate or not?

I can forsee a massive trade in forged vaccination certificates, especially given the trade that used to take place on Khao San road, want a US or UK driving license, no problem; need a teachers certificate, this way sir, etc., etc. I've even seen passports advertised.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Conflicting reports from the UK.

I saw the BBC news piece where England's first man to be vaxed was interviewed out Guy's Hospital were it was administered.

He was a 91 year old very cheery chap & showed a small card about the size of a business card that they gave him.

GP's don't offer certs when they vax though & there is no history of certs being issued when children get MMRs etc either.

When you get a tetanus shot at hospital they don't give you anything either

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SidJames said:

most other vaccs are like a nationwide programs..  countries know about the vaccination programs of every country. 

so in general, when u visit africa u need some vaccines and a certificate before u board the plane. also for africans there is a requirement to get a certificate before u fly. ( there may be variations )

i am wondering how will an american, brazilian, brit, prove to the airline that they had the covid shot and they shud be able to fly . but again as of now no country has announced that ppl who got the vaccine and fly. 

vax just started is a very few countries and on a small scale.

at some stage there probably would be standard card for international travel, possibly with a chip, for speed of processing, automated gates.

might include test results.

In the USA there were plans for separate domestic flights only for those with tests.

To Island cen enter without certificate and quarantine, if medical certificate about covid infection is presented (that would mean antibodies).   

I would wait with travel to thailand and with vax as long as possible. That way you might avoid quarantine. It might be shortened, might be not required for some travellers 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SidJames said:

Conflicting reports from the UK.

I saw the BBC news piece where England's first man to be vaxed was interviewed out Guy's Hospital were it was administered.

He was a 91 year old very cheery chap & showed a small card about the size of a business card that they gave him.

GP's don't offer certs when they vax though & there is no history of certs being issued when children get MMRs etc either.

Do they also not give the vaccination certificate when it is asked for?

3 hours ago, Puccini said:

Do they also not give the vaccination certificate when it is asked for?

Yes but every department is different in regards to what they issue ie, GP cert would be different to one given in a hospital which again would be different to vaccines given at school.

Then there are travel clinics & this is just the UK so every country would have it's own version of certification in it's own language so how would a Thai official know if the UK cert was real compared to a Russian one compared to a cert issued in Ugandan or Urdu?

You can see the issues with demands of proof.

Seems that the authorities handling vaccinations haven't really thought about this aspect much, if at all, as it is very early days, but as more people receive their 2nd shots and international travel starts to open up more then there's going to be a huge demand for proof-of-vac certificates. 

When I did my 5 year driving test in Thailand a couple years ago they had a machine there and took a photo and 5 minutes later I had a photo ID with my name, address, DOB and driving details printed on it. So I imagine local governments will soon be issuing something similar. Obviously it is cheap and fast to issue, and easy for various people to check when checking in at airports.

11 hours ago, SidJames said:

Yes but every department is different in regards to what they issue ie, GP cert would be different to one given in a hospital which again would be different to vaccines given at school.

Then there are travel clinics & this is just the UK so every country would have it's own version of certification in it's own language so how would a Thai official know if the UK cert was real compared to a Russian one compared to a cert issued in Ugandan or Urdu?

You can see the issues with demands of proof.

It would surprise me very much if the UK were not a member of the WHO and would not use the WHO standard international vaccination certificate.

• Thanks 1

Global airline lobby IATA is working on a mobile app that will help travelers demonstrate their coronavirus-free status, joining a push to introduce so-called Covid passports to speed up the revival of international travel.

The Travel Pass will display test results together with proof of inoculation, as well as listing national entry rules and details on the nearest labs, according to the International Air Transport Association. The app will also link to an electronic copy of the holder’s passport to prove their identity.

A test program will begin with British Airways parent IAG SA this year before arriving on Apple Inc. devices in the first quarter of 2021 and Android from April, IATA said. Travelers will be able to share their status with border authorities or present a QR code for scanning.

This may help get around the issue of forged vaccination certificates. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/26/2020 at 8:11 PM, foreverlomsak said:

I can forsee a massive trade in forged vaccination certificates, especially given the trade that used to take place on Khao San road, want a US or UK driving license, no problem; need a teachers certificate, this way sir, etc., etc. I've even seen passports advertised.

If there's a thb to be made  they Will do it no matter what it takes to make it .  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2020 at 11:57 AM, lovethai123 said:

Hi!

I am interested to know if those people who are getting vaccinated in US, UK or any other country are getting a vaccination certificate or not?

In my country the vaccination has not started yet so I have no idea if a certificate will be provided or not. 

The answer is no you get nothing from the doctor 

• Thanks 1

Maybe direct the question to Michael O'Leary of Ryanair

He obviously knows more than anyone else on the planet with his bold "Jab & Go" campaign

maxresdefault.jpg

When most people have no access to a vaccine and no countries have yet declared a freedom of access when you have.....maybe the omniscient leprechaun knows the valid documentation . ????

• Haha 1

On 12/26/2020 at 7:04 AM, Maestro said:

The yellow booklet "International Certificates of Vaccination" of the World Health Organization (WHO) is the standard certificate, recognised by all member countries of the WHO and possibly also some other countries. Different vaccination entities use it. For my current booklet it was the airline SWISSAIR, but all medical facilities doing vaccinations should be able to provide it.

Vaccination certificate p01&12.jpg

See images of more certificate issuers here:

https://www.google.ch/search?hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk03N0f_bjgs5XVY3_fAQoVueI5BxRw%3A1608993746794&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=912&ei=0kvnX7TcLYGzgwfZiKS4Ag&q=international+certificate+of+vaccination&oq=international+certificate+of+vaccination&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgYIABAFEB4yBggAEAUQHjIGCAAQBRAeMgQIABAYMgQIABAYOgUIABCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6BAgAEAM6BAgAEB46BggAEAgQHlDyM1iplQFgvMkBaABwAHgAgAFPiAHrE5IBAjQwmAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img&ved=0ahUKEwi0jeLl8OvtAhWB2eAKHVkECScQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

I wonder if US citizens would be able to get this since the stable genius president withdrew US membership from the WHO? Of course the new President should fix this fairly quickly if he is allowed to take office.

32 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I wonder if US citizens would be able to get this since the stable genius president withdrew US membership from the WHO? Of course the new President should fix this fairly quickly if he is allowed to take office.

at least he had the balls to pull out of the "CHO" . Many world leaders are bowing to mighty CCP. 

US can provide citizens some sort of paper certificate if needed by airlines/embassies  eventually. I am sure the hospitals keep a proper record of the people who have been vaccinated.

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

In my country they just started today , but they said a while ago , that every person vaccinated would be registered in electronic database , for a : follow up and b : for travel purpose when needed . If their will be a printed document , or uploaded in chip from passport ,or a paper , idk  , but it is certainly registered somewhere . Which in fact will be the case everywhere , since you need 2 injections of the same vaccine .

8 minutes ago, sezze said:

since you need 2 injections of the same vaccine .

got the point. since 2 shots needed which means maintaining a database efficiently is of utmost importance.

so if in future some airlines or embassies would ask for a proof of vaccination then at least you would know whom to ask. 

2 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

got the point. since 2 shots needed which means maintaining a database efficiently is of utmost importance.

so if in future some airlines or embassies would ask for a proof of vaccination then at least you would know whom to ask. 

Well , if any comes in reach of the vaccine already , he/she can ask the moment he gets vaccinated , since his passport or ID card will be asked . All will be country related , but as far as i know , so far nowhere at all you can go doctor/hospital now to get vaccinated . I suspect , i will get a notice of some kind at some point where it says that i can go to X spot to get it .

On 12/26/2020 at 4:04 PM, Maestro said:

The yellow booklet "International Certificates of Vaccination" of the World Health Organization (WHO) is the standard certificate, recognised by all member countries of the WHO and possibly also some other countries. Different vaccination entities use it. For my current booklet it was the airline SWISSAIR, but all medical facilities doing vaccinations should be able to provide it.

Vaccination certificate p01&12.jpg

See images of more certificate issuers here:

https://www.google.ch/search?hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&sxsrf=ALeKk03N0f_bjgs5XVY3_fAQoVueI5BxRw%3A1608993746794&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=912&ei=0kvnX7TcLYGzgwfZiKS4Ag&q=international+certificate+of+vaccination&oq=international+certificate+of+vaccination&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgYIABAFEB4yBggAEAUQHjIGCAAQBRAeMgQIABAYMgQIABAYOgUIABCxAzoICAAQsQMQgwE6BAgAEAM6BAgAEB46BggAEAgQHlDyM1iplQFgvMkBaABwAHgAgAFPiAHrE5IBAjQwmAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img&ved=0ahUKEwi0jeLl8OvtAhWB2eAKHVkECScQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

In EU they are talking about a digital vaccination document which could be accessed by the airlines.

• Thanks 1