TAT press ahead: Governor expects TEN MILLION foreign tourists in 3rd Quarter

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

I was told to expect that all Thais could grow ganga in their back yard as a cash crop to sell to Thai companies manufacturing cannabis medicine.

What do you think we will see first?
Commoner Thais allowed to grow a crop to supplement their merger incomes;

or
TEN MILLION foreigners all navigating a gauntlet of expensive regulatory dictates amounting to about 100,000 THB in order to simply ENTER Thailand. 

Personally?  I'm thinking NEITHER. 

Unless they open 'tourism" to a 'bubble" country it ain't happening.
Just like average Thai commoner will never be allow to grow cannabis for cultivation and sale because - honestly - they are just commoners.  Cannabis cultivation will be reserved for the wealthy and connected. Commoners will never be included in that scheme.  
"Mr. Anutin led his small, newly formed Bhumjaithai (Proud to be Thai) party’s campaign this year during parliamentary elections by promising that each household could grow six plants. By selling the mature plants to the government for $2,225 each, a family could earn $13,350 for all six, he told voters.
By Richard S. Ehrlich - Special to The Washington Times - - Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Anyone see anything like this happening?  Nope.  But if you're connected?  The greenhouses are popping up and the wealthy will get wealthier. 
I personally would like to see any and all Thai families benefiting from Autin's promise. So Anutin?  Why are you not backing your promises with action and allowing each family in Thailand to benefit by commercial cannabis agriculture instead on a select few individuals, limited liability companies, and corporations - and Thai families be damned.  Or prove me incorrect and I'll willingly retract that statement with an apology and a wai.  I'll even kiss your feet on camera.

• Like 1

quote from the OP

"Thaivisa notes that there appears a strong disconnect between reality on the ground and the pronouncements of the TAT governor."

7 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

you mean you've only just realized that.

This was from TAT.

Thaivisa only reports what is available, they don't make it up themselves.

Have to smile when they pull these figures out of the air

They have no clue how things will progress  next year with the Corivirus 

The Quarantine measures will have to go before Tourists will come to Thailand

Looks more like a wish list and hoping or praying whichever comes first

• Like 2

Thaivisa notes that there appears a strong disconnect between reality on the ground and the pronouncements of the TAT governor.

I strongly suspect that 10,000,000 Thais will not have been vaccinated by July 1!  Where are they gong to find 10,000,000 quarantine hotel rooms for all of these covid-19 infected farangs? and all with $100,000 in health insurance for their stay?

• Like 1

Will they have enough hotel rooms to quarantine them all?

he doesn’t understand tourists will not choose countries making them go through quarantine....

how thailand will handle vaccinated tourists? thailand should be working on the receipt of the digital vaccinated passport...are they planning for it now?

15 hours ago, webfact said:

REUTERS IMMI2.jpg

REUTERS file photo for reference only

Thailand's Tourism Authority governor said he is pressing ahead with attracting ten million foreign tourists to visit the country.

Yutthasak Suphasorn said they wouldn't be coming until the third quarter of 2021 but then they would be here in their millions. 

That was the target.

And they would be spending a whopping 500 billion baht, he told Thai PBS. 

Even though there has been a new wave of Covid-19 infections he was anxious to stress that it was still all systems go to return Thailand to mass tourism. 

Even the New Year period was destined to be good, he said on Friday, with 2.7 million Thais expected to travel spending 17 billion baht in the process. 

The lack of lockdown would help along with clear guidelines of how to handle visits from tourists in tourism areas.

The upbeat message comes as Thaivisa reports today of complete obliteration of tourism at New Year in Rayong and a desolate Christmas on once thriving Koh Samui. 

In Rayong nearly 100% of seaside tours were cancelled and hotel bookings were down 80%.

Thaivisa notes that there appears a strong disconnect between reality on the ground and the pronouncements of the TAT governor.

Yutthasak was with the Digital Council of Thailand and health authorities on Christmas Day promoting an online platform for booking 14 day ASQ and ALQ quarantine facilities. 

Source: Thai PBS

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-28

DREAM ON baby..!!!!!

17 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Amazing ASQ Paradise? 

Well it's wishful thinking,,but if it turns out a reality all well and good.

it all depends on the policies of other countries on lockdown..My friend from the UK, Australia are hitching to come here but both countries are in lockdown on leaving , The situation in Thailand over the last week is very concerning .Not enough boarder control of immigrants and without a doubt from what I read are the reason for the outbreaks. Sneaking in  is another problem ,  I think Thailand will be the first country tourists will flock to if the present situation doesn't get out of control. But that's wishful thinking on my part.

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So Third Quarter, That means starting in July.  Hmmm, correct me but British Airways has said they will not be flying until next October this way, and many Airlines have not stated when they will return to flying the international routes on a regular basis.  Has this guy taken some mind altering drugs or is his crystal ball the same as the magic Mirror, Oh Mirror Mirror on the wall how many tourists will come next fall.......

It's obvious he hasn't given enough thought to the situations of other countries policies in relation to lockdown. My friends from the UK, Australia are hitching to come here but both countries are in lockdown on leaving., together with no flights.

3 hours ago, Black Angus said:

I knew TAT had Idiots. Big Idiots, Very Big Idiots Very Very BIG Idiots. But Woooo I never knew they had them this size. Where did they find this One. Must have already gone to the moon and they just want a return.

There are plenty more where he come from , that's for sure.

Amazing Thailand.

"...Yutthasak Suphasorn said they wouldn't be coming until the third quarter of 2021 but then they would be ..."

They'll be coming 'round the mountain when they come (yee-haw)
They'll  be coming 'round the mountain when they come (yee-haw)
They'll be coming 'round the mountain
They'll be coming 'round the mountain
They'll be coming 'round the mountain when they come (yee-haw)

They'll be ridin' six white horses when they come ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1