What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Documentary - The Disappearance of Shannon Matthews

Available at the usual places.

Summary: Two part documentary about the disappearance of nine-year-old Shannon Matthews in Yorkshire in 2008, an investigation that gripped the nation, which turned out to be hoax kidnapping plot devised by her mother. Featuring exclusive interviews with Shannon's best friend, members of the local community, and the police officers who eventually found her, the program reveals the remarkable truth of what really happened.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Something that had been sitting on my server for a while that I was ignoring - Unbeleivable - from Netflix.

A bit dull in the first couple of episodes, but I was really engrossed in the final 4. 

Based on a true story https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbelievable_(miniseries)

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Something that had been sitting on my server for a while that I was ignoring - Unbeleivable - from Netflix.

A bit dull in the first couple of episodes, but I was really engrossed in the final 4. 

Yeah that's excellent. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah that's excellent. 

12 hours ago, recom273 said:

I don't have a server but I have a few (well six, actually) external hard drives with a combined capacity of thirteen and a bit TB. This show is one of the many on my 'pending' list. With some 550 films and 33,761 tv episodes there's probably more than enough to outlast me.

The problem is you lot, who keep coming up with new things to watch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2021 at 2:42 PM, Will27 said:

Clarice

Episode one is on RARBG.

The reviews have been poor.

Summary: A look at the untold personal story of FBI agent Clarice Starling, as she returns to the field about a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs (1991).

I watched this first episode and found it quite ok, don't want to "spoiler" it si I'll just say perhaps one character's attitude was stretched a bit far but that wasn't enough to stop it from being watchable and indeed enjoyable. Of course others may have different opinions.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I don't have a server but I have a few (well six, actually) external hard drives with a combined capacity of thirteen and a bit TB. This show is one of the many on my 'pending' list. With some 550 films and 33,761 tv episodes there's probably more than enough to outlast me.

The problem is you lot, who keep coming up with new things to watch!

The best move I made was to use install a media player, my choice was Jellyfin, and make one volume and organise all your files. Maybe even delete some.

6F9B1E32-80AF-4CBC-82FB-94CA391A6E49.jpeg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, recom273 said:

The best move I made was to use install a media player, my choice was Jellyfin, and make one volume and organise all your files. Maybe even delete some.

6F9B1E32-80AF-4CBC-82FB-94CA391A6E49.jpeg

Thanks but I don't quite get this, I don't have much space on my computer? If I upload to this then presumably I have to stream them to watch, currently I just plug in a box to a smart tv?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Thanks but I don't quite get this, I don't have much space on my computer? If I upload to this then presumably I have to stream them to watch, currently I just plug in a box to a smart tv?

I do what you do, download all the torrents I want, then transfer all the files to an external hard drive, which I plug into the USB port on my Smart TV. Then I can watch what I want, when I want, with no buffering, it's the best/most convenient way for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

You can do whatever you want - plug your computer into the TV or you can stream them from your computer over WiFi, there is no buffering.

But I get you, the best thing is whatever is best for you, and if you don’t have a way to mount all those drives in a central point then it’s difficult. Just saying, If everything is organized and easily visible, then you spend more time watching it over anything else. It’s not like you need to do anything really, the media centre scans the drives and finds the titles, artwork, descriptions and whatnot. 

30 minutes ago, recom273 said:

You can do whatever you want - plug your computer into the TV or you can stream them from your computer over WiFi, there is no buffering.

But I get you, the best thing is whatever is best for you, and if you don’t have a way to mount all those drives in a central point then it’s difficult. Just saying, If everything is organized and easily visible, then you spend more time watching it over anything else. It’s not like you need to do anything really, the media centre scans the drives and finds the titles, artwork, descriptions and whatnot. 

I'll pm you as I'm a bit uncertain about how this works and I don't want to hijack the thread, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, Your Honor episode 10 finale is a wrap. I loved it. No spoiler alerts please, but OMG did you see that ending coming? I think one of the best series endings I've seen, though I'm sure many will think it's the worst. 

Yup, awesome ending, really didn't see it coming!

Hope there's gonna be a series 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mud Mountain Haulers  New TV series, a bit like Ice Haul Truckers but in the mud and snow on mountain logging roads.................:shock1:

Mud Mountain is a character-driven docu-series set in the high mountains of British Columbia where giant logs and big pay days beckon men to take huge risks. Logging and log hauling is one of the most dangerous professions in the world and no one is willing to go steeper or deeper than third-generation loggers, Craig and Brent Lebeau. For a decade, the two brothers were at loggerheads unwilling to cede an inch or a machine to the other. But wicked weather, devastating accidents, and a declining industry, have forced the Lebeau brothers to bury the ax and work together.

Available on:-  EZTV

:thumbsup:

Edited by Daffy D
Add Trailer

Lincoln Divided We Stand.

Six part series just started on CNN.

Part one was veey good. There were definitely holes in the history I learned in school. But what a remarkable story.

With access to CNN you can watch it as it comes out. CNN available on the Livenewsnow app.

https://www.cnncreativemarketing.com/project/lincoln/

https://deadline.com/2021/02/cnn-abraham-lincoln-different-light-in-sterling-k-brown-narrated-series-1234693212/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Lincoln Divided We Stand.

Six part series just started on CNN.

Part one was veey good. There were definitely holes in the history I learned in school. But what a remarkable story.

With access to CNN you can watch it as it comes out. CNN available on the Livenewsnow app.

https://www.cnncreativemarketing.com/project/lincoln/

https://deadline.com/2021/02/cnn-abraham-lincoln-different-light-in-sterling-k-brown-narrated-series-1234693212/

I'll take a look at this while wary that CNN's intention may simply be to play up, for the woke crowd, the fact that though Lincoln--a Republican--was always morally opposed to slavery and agreed that it should and would end, politically he knew he couldn't simply abolish it immediately and everywhere, or even in the border states, and still achieve his single-minded objective of maintaining the Union. I'll be interested to see whether it also points out some of his autocratic, even illegal behavior, though it might. Amusingly after this was vilified esp. by politicians in the South, Jefferson Davis did the same thing.????

23 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I'll take a look at this while wary that CNN's intention may simply be to play up, for the woke crowd, the fact that though Lincoln--a Republican--was always morally opposed to slavery and agreed that it should and would end, politically he knew he couldn't simply abolish it immediately and everywhere, or even in the border states, and still achieve his single-minded objective of maintaining the Union. I'll be interested to see whether it also points out some of his autocratic, even illegal behavior, though it might. Amusingly after this was vilified esp. by politicians in the South, Jefferson Davis did the same thing.????

Well not exactly.

The first episode discusses that in his earlier years while opposed to slavery he was aggressively for sending blacks back to Africa. Also his wife Mary Todd was the daughter of a wealthy slave owner and he needed her family's wealth to launch his career beginning as a Whig.

On 2/15/2021 at 5:25 PM, farmerjo said:

The days of buffering,streaming online are pretty much over these days.

Thai internet has come along way in the past 3 years.

Given up trying to watch stuff on android apps, never stops buffering and a lot of things never start, 200 mbs so about 30 most of the time

• Like 1