What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Your joking,they have not cast a woman of colour as Anne Boleyn have they? 

YES - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13406036/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Stopped watching broadcast TV many years ago - looks like I was well ahead of the curve !!! 555

Seen another show about the middle ages - had a black actor as a Duke or Earl too !!! What Hogwash.

What is next - Neanderthals being white - 555

Edited by seedy
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

He had a black trumpet player, there were no black Queens, tudor courtiers or Roman Emperors, but Tv does not let historical facts get in the way of feelings these days. Unwatchable nonsense, oh they also cast her as a part time lesbian as well!

Ideological aspirational reality

• Like 1

Watching Love/Hate....... dont know how I missed that first time around, but if you liked-"Kin"- or "Hidden Assets" or any of the Irish drug related dramas, it is right up there with them IMO. -------very good---5 seasons   TPB still has it all and probably other places as well.

Sometimes the police are the least of your problems--- They dont Knee cap you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Watching Love/Hate....... dont know how I missed that first time around, but if you liked-"Kin"- or "Hidden Assets" or any of the Irish drug related dramas, it is right up there with them IMO. -------very good---5 seasons   TPB still has it all and probably other places as well.

Thanks @sanuk711. I'll be watching Love/Hate as soon as I finish Mocro Mafia Season 2.

On 12/12/2021 at 4:22 PM, BritManToo said:

I'm working my way through the "Fringe" tv series again.

All 5 seasons available.

One of my top 10 american Sci-FI series, also last performance by Leonard Nimoy I believe.  Created by J.J. Abrams.  John Noble is great in this series

• Like 1

Over the past few evenings I've watched a few movies/series, and series 2 of "Vienna Blood" had a good start, and although it was slow, the sets were great, and the plot was obviously thought of by a near genius!

Also downloaded and watched "Just Cause" again, and I picked up something in it which I hadn't realised before and which was quite key in the whole plot, so I'm pleased that I watched it again.

And on the subject of "rewatches", I watched, "The Big Short" again and still found it hugely entertaining, and another one due for a "rewatch" is, "Live By Night", which IMO is a hugely underrated movie starring Ben Affleck.

A few weeks ago there was some discussion of the greatest movie ever made. I don’t have one to offer, but one that I’ve heard that said of more than a few times over the years is Johnny Guitar. I tried watching it a few times over the ages (the film is almost as old as me) and never made it through; I don’t like westerns, and when I was a kid I didn’t like seeing Joan Crawford because I thought she looked like my mum in a bad mood.

Well, this time I got it, albeit in my own way. It’s a film noir, but instead dark alleys and cheap furnished rooms it’s the Old West on the verge of change (the railroad is being built). Are the good folk of the town the bad guys? Are all of the bad guys bad? Also some timely fear mongering: change is coming, it’ll destroy us. I wonder what feminist types would have to say about the confrontation of the two female leads. Oh, and it’s in color!

I don’t know about it being the greatest, but it does bear being looked at as just another horse opera. In some ways it reminds me of another old one I saw recently, The Ox-Bow Incident (with young Henry Fonda as a rowdy cowhand and, if you don’t blink, young Anthony Quinn).

Found both to be entertaining.

On 12/15/2021 at 11:33 AM, sanuk711 said:

On 12/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

Thanks @sanuk711. I'll be watching Love/Hate as soon as I finish Mocro Mafia Season 2.

I'm up to episode 3 of season 1 of Love/Hate and it's very good so far IMHO. Well worth a look.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2021 at 4:15 PM, Skallywag said:

One of my top 10 american Sci-FI series, also last performance by Leonard Nimoy I believe.  Created by J.J. Abrams.  John Noble is great in this series

Watched the first episode of this, even with the plane full of death people landing by itself at the airport. The second episode was just too much of the same.

Desperate for a sci fi fix I tried Devs , second episode still holding my interest.

Devs (TV Mini Series 2020) - IMDb

2 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Watched the first episode of this, even with the plane full of death people landing by itself at the airport. The second episode was just too much of the same.

Desperate for a sci fi fix I tried Devs , second episode still holding my interest.

Devs (TV Mini Series 2020) - IMDb

mmm .. yeah .. I started it, got as far as the second episode, been meaning to finish the series off.

@Will27 Didi you see the 2nd & 3rd series of Rocco Schiavone are kicking about.

I liked Witcher so I'm definitely up for that new season. For Life is a good one about a former prisoner turned lawyer; it's a true story. The actor reminds me a lot of Denzel Washington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVexZ56TcS0

Hawkeye is out there. It keeps my attention although I'm not usually into all the Marvel madness that seems to go on and on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VYb3B1ETlk

For movies Cruella and Red Notice were pretty good. 

Edited by TooBigToFit