What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

17 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Diversity productions just lie about the ethnic make up of the country, trying to rewrite history and promote the myth it's always been multi cultural, so dishonest.

I repeat: apart from the casting of some teachers what was woke in Mallory Towers? In terms of plot, stories, characters and values it was very true to the original stories written by Enid Blyton.

Due to its colonial heritage British Public (private) schools had many wealthy foreigners and such characters feature in kids stories of the time including Billy Bunter.

I do not disagree with the false values of rewriting history and trying to create aspirational futures via the medium of PC manipulation but it is not a very strong feature of Mallory Towers.

"Foundation". Sci-Fi series based on Isaac Asimov's Foundation "trilogy" has just recently finished season1. It has received some criticism of departing too far from the original story, but it's an improvement IMO. Asimov's writing can be a bit slow going at times.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watching the landscapers,is it meant to be a comedy, to be honest i thought  it was a true story,still nice to see that the neighbours who lived next door were a black husband with a white wife,so rare on modern tv shows these days????

Saw the show.

Enjoyed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watching the landscapers,is it meant to be a comedy, to be honest i thought  it was a true story,still nice to see that the neighbours who lived next door were a black husband with a white wife,so rare on modern tv shows these days????

It is a true story https://time.com/6126862/landscapers-true-story/#:~:text=Landscapers%2C which stars Olivia Colman,story that inspired the series. - Though filmed in an interesting way... really enjoyed Part 1 & looking forward to Part 2  

Oh & I thought the neighbour's wife was Asian... 

5 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Vienna Blood---Season 2 --Crime BBC2  10 December 2021 ------3 episodes----TVChaosUK

Max Liebermann, a student of Sigmund Freud, helps Detective Rheinhardt in the investigation of a series of disturbing murders around the grand cafes and opera houses of 1900s Vienna.

The acting is good-- the pace a little slow. I think its gets an 8 on IMDB---first season came out end of 2019--and you can still get it around. Separate stories so it doesn't matter.

Watched the first one and was impressed that the BBC had produced something this good without the usual mis placed ethnic casting. Getting to the end credits it seems it was not produced by the BBC at all so no surprise after all. Good one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

It's not a comedy and it is a true story and it's a lousy piece of drama with stupid western fantasy flashbacks.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 7:37 PM, recom273 said:

There is also another series from the same team as Narcos - I downloaded it to watch, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. I think it was more about the life of a Mexican cop .. maybe I was dreaming. Maybe someone else knows.

Narcos Mexico is the title

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Watched the first one and was impressed that the BBC had produced something this good without the usual mis placed ethnic casting. Getting to the end credits it seems it was not produced by the BBC at all so no surprise after all. Good one.

I  only put ..."who is screening it"  Clivebaxter because people have different ways of viewing --some use the Iplayer , some download...etc.. The first series should still be around--that was enjoyable also.

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Black & white that's around the mid 60s time----3 policemen shot dead in London--really unheard of before or since.

1950 that Blue Lamp movie, led to Dixon of Dock Green a few years later .

George Dixon , getting shot in Fredscats video, went on to become a household name in the series which ran from 1955 to 1976 .

27 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

George Dixon , getting shot in Fredscats video, went on to become a household name in the series which ran from 1955 to 1976 .

Yes a cracking film,I watch it once /twice a year    I also like Murder Bag

On 12/11/2021 at 9:49 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Amelie (2001)

8.3 imdb rating.

Have just been recommended this by a friend, it is a beautiful comedy romance, it’s in French but English subs are available on fmovies anyway.

Well worth a watch imho. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/

Agree, excellent film.

Big film for Mathieu Kassovitz, the star of that French government spy agency tv series which many here enjoyed.

I recommend "Delicatessen", also fanciful/funny/offbeat earlier film which Amelie's director/co-screenwriter Jean-Pierre Jeunet co-directed - his 1991 feature film directorial debut.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The advertised film(movie) in the tragic shootout of PC 49 Dixon " Granny Get Your Gun" in the exit scene, is not available,but a feature to events unfolding looks at US policing in the dire events,truly a most remarkable event

7 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Agree, excellent film.

Big film for Mathieu Kassovitz, the star of that French government spy agency tv series which many here enjoyed.

I recommend "Delicatessen", also fanciful/funny/offbeat earlier film which Amelie's director/co-screenwriter Jean-Pierre Jeunet co-directed - his 1991 feature film directorial debut.

Thanks, I watched “ Priceless “ ( Hors de Prix ) last night , a nice romance story with Audrey Tautou playing a conniving gold digger.

Audrey’s sensuality really shines in this movie.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 9:06 AM, sanuk711 said:

Vienna Blood---Season 2 --Crime BBC2  10 December 2021 ------3 episodes----TVChaosUK

Max Liebermann, a student of Sigmund Freud, helps Detective Rheinhardt in the investigation of a series of disturbing murders around the grand cafes and opera houses of 1900s Vienna.

The acting is good-- the pace a little slow. I think its gets an 8 on IMDB---first season came out end of 2019--and you can still get it around. Separate stories so it doesn't matter.

Thanks @sanuk711. I enjoyed series 1 and  was surprised that it only lasted 3 episodes. Looking forward to series 2.