What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Watched a double feature tonight,  A quiet place , and Quiet place part 2,

aliens come to earth, killing everyone, they are blind, but are attracted

to sound, so the survivors cannot speak or make any loud noise,in the end

they find a way to kill them, they always do.....worth a watch.in my opinion....

Part one (2018) Part 2 (2021)  Emily Blunt  ,Cillian Murphy.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 11:52 AM, Rimmer said:

In 1996, Spall was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia, but has since been in remission.

I love all his movies even the series where he sailed around England with his wife in a river canal boat, forgot the name of that series...

Might also If not already watched have a look at his:

Mr Turner and Pierrepoint the last hangman

He's great  as the Artist  Turner  and the foreman  in Auf weidersen  pet and in The Syndicate

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And you never will due to the 'woke' brigade etc.

The actors  are as dead as the  humour. But there is plenty of Scandalous,  rude, funny, offensive  humor on TV these days. COF s were about a form of post war sexual  repression  that has long  departed  along with rationing, conscription and illegal  gay sex. There is no audience for   Carry  on Films any more but  they are all on line as is Round the Horn and Hancock's  half hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't need to spend time watching a movie to know that the world we live in is full of very, very bad people. To each their own, but I'd rather watch something that makes me happy than get even more depressed about the real world.

Most Ghibli movies are like that, and my absolute favourite category of movie. However I'll never watch Red Turtle or Grave of the fireflies again as they made me unutterably sad.

BTW, if anyone enjoys easy listening classical music, the Ghibli 25 years concert at the Budokan is on U Tube and well worth the time. A massive orchestra with a very large choir of hundreds played for 14,000 people. Joe Hisaishi really knows how to write a tune.

Ghibli is the Libyan word for Sandstorm

Edited by The Hammer2021

Crime and Punishment---back to Jail. 2 parts

Is out--about repeat offenders, I got from Chaos so haven't looked elsewhere yet.----

Edit ** TG has it.... although its written as 2019--then 2022..it is S03-E01

I watched a Conspiracy thriller starring James Nesbitt last night--- "Midnight man" its aged ..(pre his hair transplant) just 3 episodes.  Down and out Journo-- who rummages through Dustbins of stars or high profile people for dirt. Comes across a fax re a murder in an MPs bin--its OK-- it wasn't the best thing i've ever seen him in, but not a total waste of my time.,

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Crime and Punishment---back to Jail. 2 parts

Is out--about repeat offenders, I got from Chaos so haven't looked elsewhere yet.----

Edit ** TG has it.... although its written as 2019--then 2022..it is S03-E01

I watched a Conspiracy thriller starring James Nesbitt last night--- "Midnight man" its aged ..(pre his hair transplant) just 3 episodes.  Down and out Journo-- who rummages through Dustbins of stars or high profile people for dirt. Comes across a fax re a murder in an MPs bin--its OK-- it wasn't the best thing i've ever seen him in, but not a total waste of my time.,

So many different  crime and punishment  series. To what are you referring,?

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

So many different  crime and punishment  series. To what are you referring,?

Yes there is --right back to Dostoevsky's original...... I put a link to IMDB but they haven't caught up yet---and only have up to season 02-- YouTube have taken the picture from IMDB (of the barrister) then joined it to the wrong series to it-from the USA. So no Trailer-- Its deals with the 3 stages Police/Prison/Probation...this 2 part deals with repeat offenders. UK program, not to everyone's taste. Doco.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10948472/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes there is --right back to Dostoevsky's original...... I put a link to IMDB but they haven't caught up yet---and only have up to season 02-- YouTube have taken the picture from IMDB (of the barrister) then joined it to the wrong series to it-from the USA. So no Trailer-- Its deals with the 3 stages Police/Prison/Probation...this 2 part deals with repeat offenders. UK program, not to everyone's taste. Doco.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10948472/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6

Showing up on Lime now.

21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

People Just  Do  Nothing top comedy Mockumentary..great fun

I love this series - The characters are just so true to life, it’s hard to ascertain if they are real or just playing the role to a tee. I knew a few MC grindah’s and decoys back in the day.

Not too sure it’s for everyone, but we’ll recommended. There is supposed to be a film coming this year, Big in Japan. There are also a load of ‘takeovers’ that haven’t appeared online that I would love to see. 

On 6/26/2021 at 1:06 AM, Daffy D said:

I thought it was pretty lame. Some nice images of Kenworth Rigs skating about on the ice but no story line and pretty poor acting.

So same as the reality TV show Ice Road Truckers then.