What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Whole series out now.

Epstein’s Shadow: Ghislaine Maxwell

Summary: In this three-hour documentary, we investigate the powerful, connected, and mysterious Ghislaine Maxwell, who was once the heiress to the Maxwell fortune but whose life takes a sordid downturn when she meets Jeffrey Epstein, the serial sex offender. An investigative series that reveals a complicated story of power, sex, and money and leads to Ghislaine Maxwell’s arrest awaiting trial in the fall of 2021.

I don't need to spend time watching a movie to know that the world we live in is full of very, very bad people. To each their own, but I'd rather watch something that makes me happy than get even more depressed about the real world.

Most Ghibli movies are like that, and my absolute favourite category of movie. However I'll never watch Red Turtle or Grave of the fireflies again as they made me unutterably sad.

BTW, if anyone enjoys easy listening classical music, the Ghibli 25 years concert at the Budokan is on U Tube and well worth the time. A massive orchestra with a very large choir of hundreds played for 14,000 people. Joe Hisaishi really knows how to write a tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

A lot of torrent sites have added the movies with the Tv series so it's all jumbled up.

The latest and last series just out is series 3.

I think the correct line up is :

Jack Irish:

Series:

Season 1 - 2016 ( 6 eps )

Season 2 - 2018 ( 6 eps )

Season 3 - 2021 ( 4 eps )

Movies :

Bad Debts  - 2012 

Black Tide - 2012

Dead Point - 2014

Some sites are mixing them all up together and confusion abounds  ( as happened with Strike ) , my streaming site claims 4 seasons of 6 episodes each !!

A good way to put them in order is by the year, plus , all episodes are roughly 54 minutes long and the movies 1 + 1/2 hours .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't need to spend time watching a movie to know that the world we live in is full of very, very bad people. To each their own, but I'd rather watch something that makes me happy than get even more depressed about the real world.

Most Ghibli movies are like that, and my absolute favourite category of movie. However I'll never watch Red Turtle or Grave of the fireflies again as they made me unutterably sad.

BTW, if anyone enjoys easy listening classical music, the Ghibli 25 years concert at the Budokan is on U Tube and well worth the time. A massive orchestra with a very large choir of hundreds played for 14,000 people. Joe Hisaishi really knows how to write a tune.

I feel the same way about any doco about the destruction of the Planet. Pretty obvious that world is being slowly destroyed and I'd rather not be reminded of it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't need to spend time watching a movie to know that the world we live in is full of very, very bad people.

Don't expect the Criminal Justice system to do anything not in the interests of the rich and powerful who control them.

Only way to get real justice is to wait until they are convicted and sent to prison.

Then it is an easy matter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Don't expect the Criminal Justice system to do anything not in the interests of the rich and powerful who control them.

Only way to get real justice is to wait until they are convicted and sent to prison.

Who is "they"?

5 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Who is they?

5 hours ago, LosLobo said:

I found some success by selecting say a good actor like Denzel Washington and then watching all his lesser known movies or the ones I had previously missed.

Can't go wrong with the 'Denze'. I haven't seen a bad movie from him yet. Re-watched 'John Q' again recently on Netflix.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, faraday said:

When The Dust Settles

Danish TV series with 10 episodes, that doesn't seem to have any significant reviews. Looks ok though.

It's on ☠️. Not many torrents, so I hope that doesn't mean it's a pile of ????

https://newsbeezer.com/norwayeng/tv-series-review-when-the-dust-settles-danish-dynamite-vg/

Downloaded episode 1.

No subs attached.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, faraday said:

Yea, I find it a bit too much bother.

I use Nova media player (Playstore) on my Smart TV, you can add subs easily if they are available.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Lansky

Been looking forward to this one.
Out now on RARBG.

Summary: When the aging Meyer Lansky is investigated one last time by the Feds who suspect he has stashed away millions of dollars over half a century, the retired gangster spins a dizzying tale, revealing the untold truth about his life as the notorious boss of Murder Inc. and the National Crime Syndicate.

Lansky.2021.1080p.WEBRip.1400MB.DD5.1.x264-GalaxyRG[TGx] is a quality rip.

• Thanks 2

Another question for the knowledgeable posters here, and it's not because I am not looking for this movie/doco cos I am, but with no luck!!

Someone mentioned a v good doco called: Indochine: A peoples war in colour,  but having no luck as I said above.

5 hours ago, faraday said:

When The Dust Settles

Danish TV series with 10 episodes, that doesn't seem to have any significant reviews. Looks ok though.

It's on ☠️. Not many torrents, so I hope that doesn't mean it's a pile of ????

https://newsbeezer.com/norwayeng/tv-series-review-when-the-dust-settles-danish-dynamite-vg/

I've watched quite a few Danish/Swedish crime drama series and have never been disappointed. I'll be giving it a watch soon.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Lansky

Been looking forward to this one.
Out now on RARBG.

Summary: When the aging Meyer Lansky is investigated one last time by the Feds who suspect he has stashed away millions of dollars over half a century, the retired gangster spins a dizzying tale, revealing the untold truth about his life as the notorious boss of Murder Inc. and the National Crime Syndicate.

I checked that this morning, I haven’t seen a decent review yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Another question for the knowledgeable posters here, and it's not because I am not looking for this movie/doco cos I am, but with no luck!!

Someone mentioned a v good doco called: Indochine: A peoples war in colour,  but having no luck as I said above.

It's streamed on Vimeo.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1