What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

Indominable. A new 13 part TV series, (plus S02E01) that I've only seen on Torrent Galaxy, and only in MP4 format. It has an all star cast with Bruce Willis, Michael Keaton, Ed Norton etc, but can't find any info about it anywhere, not even on IMDB. Downloaded it anyway, looks interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Indominable.

All I could find -

created by MissKitti produced by JazzyRock Pictures International THIS SEASON LINKS UP WITH "WORLD OF HEROES 2000" In this season we meet a range of unusual people (that's putting it lightly!) that establish the main story setting, but this story is so much bigger, as time will tell.... but first... let's meet a few people down on their luck - and gravely misunderstood, but this is just the beginning! Will our downfall be our ignorance? just because we don't understand something - it doesn't mean it's not real!... ? Will we discover that our only salvation's are a bunch of mental patients who no-one can vouch for, or has our own shortcomings not only doomed us, but everything else?!?!. And will those who have watched and waited - finally step forth into the light.... .. .. . and the dark........! Or are we truly left to our own devices... .. . with all hope in the balance? See the universe expanded beyond it's boundaries, to become something bigger and better, something that will surprise you, and tantalize you

MissKitti and JazzyRock returned nada

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Indominable. A new 13 part TV series, (plus S02E01) that I've only seen on Torrent Galaxy, and only in MP4 format. It has an all star cast with Bruce Willis, Michael Keaton, Ed Norton etc, but can't find any info about it anywhere, not even on IMDB. Downloaded it anyway, looks interesting.

After that last Die Hard disaster I was surprised any producer would employ Willis again. The last movie I saw with him in it, "Death Wish" was the last Willis movie I'll ever watch as it was so bad.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

I think this might be some sort of  self produced fan based mashup movie/series   its  several films/tv serries mixed up to form a new one    hence no references on TVDB  or IMDB

30 minutes ago, johng said:

I think this might be some sort of  self produced fan based mashup movie/series   its  several films/tv serries mixed up to form a new one    hence no references on TVDB  or IMDB

OK, will give it a try tonight, but from your description I don't think it's my style.

43 minutes ago, johng said:

Curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded the pilot.

It opens up as:

MissKittis

Unleashed Universe 

Indominable 

and then leads into an old Bruce Willis movie ,i think ,called “ Unbreakable “ which changes to Michael Keaton and Edward Norton in a movie, I think is called , “ Birdman “ .

So, I think you are right @johng it is some sort of mashup .

17 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Curiosity got the better of me and I downloaded the pilot.

It opens up as:

MissKittis

Unleashed Universe 

Indominable 

and then leads into an old Bruce Willis movie ,i think ,called “ Unbreakable “ which changes to Michael Keaton and Edward Norton in a movie, I think is called , “ Birdman “ .

So, I think you are right @johng it is some sort of mashup .

Thanks for that - I was going to DL the Pilot just to see Wat De Fluke is going on - But seems strange that MissKitti and Jazzy whatever had zero hits on a Google search

Edited by canthai55

When was the last time you watched a laugh out loud funny movie? Where are the new "classics" like, There's Something About Mary, Trains, Planes and Automobiles, Throw Momma From the Train, Life of Brian, Blazing Saddles and even Dumb and Dumber. When they say "they don't make 'em like they used to", it's true.

• Like 2

While “ The Last Bus “ appears to be in hiding ( only released in Spain so far ☹️) I decided to check out Timothy Spalls last movie :

“ It snows in Benidorm “

Despite the poor ratings ( 5.6 on IMDb ) I decided to give it a go after all what did I have to lose …………….. an hour and a half of my life is the answer.

I would give it 4.0 at best.

Truly appalling !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another classic British gem has popped up:-

Sapphire (1959)   Nigel Patrick - Yvonne Mitchell - Michael Craig

In 1950s London racial hostility to Commonweath immigrants is openly paraded. A pregnant girl, initially assumed to be white, is murdered. As two detectives start to investigate, and discover her racial origins were much more mixed, public prejudices and those of the officers themselves are exposed

The bottom line is that the film is amazingly good. The film is free of clichés and is very well written. I also appreciate the wonderful job Nigel Patrick did in playing the chief inspector--one of the only seemingly sane people in the film! Well worth seeing and amazingly brave. It's not surprising then that the film won the BAFTA (sort of like the British version of the Oscar) for Best Picture

????

Available from 1337x with subs and RARBG.

• Thanks 1

I watched the latest Pierce Brosnan movie called "False Positive" and although it had some pretty lousy reviews, it was an okay watch as far as I was concerned, obviously not one of his best, but something to fill in the time before watching England play Germany!

On 6/29/2021 at 1:03 PM, giddyup said:

When was the last time you watched a laugh out loud funny movie? Where are the new "classics" like, There's Something About Mary, Trains, Planes and Automobiles, Throw Momma From the Train, Life of Brian, Blazing Saddles and even Dumb and Dumber. When they say "they don't make 'em like they used to", it's true.

I would like to see a new "Carry On" movie series.CARRY ON CAMPING (1969) Original Vintage UK Quad Poster | Picture Palace  Movie Posters

A new "Crime and Punishment"...... came out last night, but I can not find it, anyone come across it...please shout....

I was looking at some TV programs -one looked OK so looked at reviews, said after the first 2 episodes it starts to really warm up. .????..... These are 1 hour episodes , so I am suppose to wait for the 3rd hour before it gets interesting...Oh yer.

Chanel 4 is about to be sold--- such a pity it has brought out some ground braking stuff over the years...its running "Crime and Punishment" now and lots of programs it has produced (Have I got news for you etc) when they get popular  BBC1 (who owns them) steps in and takes them over. I watched A family Business last night. Didn't write up on it because, I think you had to be a Brit to like it. A Doco-family owns these Sex shops in Brighton---Brighton being a pretty Kinky UK town to start off with. Tomorrow watching -"Bad Influencer: The Great Insta Con" These internet Influencers really do hold some sway over -mainly the younger set.

The rise and fall of internet wellness guru Belle Gibson,

who cultivated an adoring online following with the story

that she had successfully treated her own cancer by eating

a plant-based diet and using alternative natural therapies.

There was one major problem with Belle's story - she never had cancer

The Tory Government in its last post on selling off Chanel 4  says it has a statement of interest from  Mr Murdouch......wonderful.

Edit** I just looked "Crime and Punishment" doesn't screen until tonight --so it will be out tomorrow.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

While “ The Last Bus “ appears to be in hiding ( only released in Spain so far ☹️) I decided to check out Timothy Spalls last movie :

“ It snows in Benidorm “

Despite the poor ratings ( 5.6 on IMDb ) I decided to give it a go after all what did I have to lose …………….. an hour and a half of my life is the answer.

I would give it 4.0 at best.

Truly appalling !!

The one about L S Lowry is not much better, far too slow. Although Redgrave gives a wonderful performance as his bedridden mum it's just about her and him, with little about his painting career. 

I watched this a while ago and just noticed its been brought back on frontline. It's a quite interesting story about a bunch of killings and threats that went on against suspected Vietnamese, communist sympathizers living in the US. There was a secretive group in the US of former anti-communist Vietnamese hunting down people it thought supported North Vietnam in the past. It also has connections to Thailand and the Ubon area. Worth a watch.

12 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

It also has connections to Thailand and the Ubon area. Worth a watch.

Ho Chi Minh Lived in Udon Thani for a while-- I pass his old house when I go to the local gym...(when ever thats open now)

• Like 1