What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

20 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Yes - 5 or 6 / 10

That’s a shame - I noticed David Holmes did the soundtrack too. Don Cheedle has gone a bit lame recently, the new series of Black. Monday is amazingly dull.

3 hours ago, recom273 said:

I’m without a TV at the moment - did anyone watch see or mention this?

Don Cheedle and Steven Soderburgh 

Started to watch it but couldn't find any subs for it, and the dialogue was too unclear for my old ears. Oops, just found some on Subscene, so can now watch comfortably instead of straining to hear.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, recom273 said:

I just got an alert for heist the northern bank robbery which had been on my wanted list for a little while

Thanks recom273...it came out 2 months ago on Chaos---with all the football and Boxing on--I must have missed it----thanks again

On 7/4/2021 at 12:55 PM, sanuk711 said:

Sophie: A Murder in West Cork?--- Netflix 3 parts  -all out now 2/07/21

One of Ireland’s more notorious cases,

Two days before Christmas, in 1996, the Paris-born television producer Sophie Tuscan du Plantier was found bludgeoned to death close to her holiday cottage in Schull. West Cork, Ireland. The documentary features exclusive contributions from members of du Plantier’s family, alongside interviews with local press and Schull residents  all out now .....Pirates etc

------------------------------------------------

I watched the first episode found it good--Schull is a very-very  remote part of Ireland .

Manchester-born Ian Bailey was a journalist working for the local newspapers at the time, and he was immediately on the scene.

However, he became a suspect in the case, with circumstantial evidence against him including scratches on his face and arms, claims of a changing alibi, and a witness statement from a local resident who claimed to have seen him on a bridge near where the victim was found.

He was released as there was no evidence to indicate he had ever had direct contact with the victim.

However French courts decided to convict Bailey “in absentia” in 2019 after a four day trial with no one there, they sentenced him to 25 years in prison.

Though the French have made several attempts to extradite him, Ireland’s High Court ruled against it due to there being no proof beyond reasonable doubt..

Excellent thanks for the mention. The only reason there was not enough evidence was he burnt it all, confessing he did it to 3 different people seemed to be passed off by the DPP as just one of those things. Amazing he was not extradited to France, or ever charged in Ireland.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2021 at 5:45 PM, samtam said:

I've watched these recently:

Cruel Summer:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11083696/

and,

StartUp (S1 so far, 2 & 3 are available too):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5028002/

Both very different, but good IMO.

I thought Cruel Summer was going to be some teenage girl dribble and thus had my doubts about you lol but found it very entertaining.   The shifting back and fwd in time had me somewhat confused at times but still thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you.

Couldn't get into Startup at all but thanks anyhow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

I thought Cruel Summer was going to be some teenage girl dribble and thus had my doubts about you lol but found it very entertaining.   The shifting back and fwd in time had me somewhat confused at times but still thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you.

Couldn't get into Startup at all but thanks anyhow.

StartUp's main problem is the lingo between the Haitian gang members, which is unintelligible. I used subtitles, but even then, the language and phraseology is very esoteric, but you get a gist of what they are saying. Anyway, armed with that (subtitles), it's quite a good story line. I'm half way through S2.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Helen Mirren--great actress, still banging out the movies at 77 , and looking good. That Prime suspect picks up again in the 90s doesn't it. Thinking about she didn't do the early ones.....I think she came in to it in the 90s. Made some great movies..."The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover", was a great crime one--90s again.

Thank heavens for the internet--don't have to go down those stupid DVD shops and fined they rented out all the ones I wanted.

Yes, this was prior to the Helen Mirren series. I've downloaded seven "Prime Suspect" series with Helen Mirren starring. Only 2 episodes in each series. Thats next on my list to watch.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Helen Mirren--great actress, still banging out the movies at 77 , and looking good. That Prime suspect picks up again in the 90s doesn't it. Thinking about she didn't do the early ones.....I think she came in to it in the 90s. Made some great movies..."The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover", was a great crime one--90s again.

Thank heavens for the internet--don't have to go down those stupid DVD shops and fined they rented out all the ones I wanted.

You are lucky if there are DVD rentals in Issan. I don't recall any in Lamphun or Chiang Mai.

In NZ I don't think any are left. No money in it any more as everyone apparently just watches on Netflix etc or downloads them from the internet.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You are lucky if there are DVD rentals in Issan. I don't recall any in Lamphun or Chiang Mai.

No I was referring to the early 90s Thaibeach.... in Oz...usual single scene get smashed Sat night--recuperate with sore head, Videos & takeaways on the Sunday. I wonder how many of us guys (old farts I mean) would have stayed in Thailand without the help of the Internet. I would have found it difficult--a bit boring. 

• Like 2

I first noticed Val Kilmer in "Heat"--(1995) -Great Crime movie if you haven't seen it. Also "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"

I didn't see him in the Jim Morrison role-Doors. 

Thought then , This guys going to be a great actor, better looking  (& taller) then Tom Cruise....(who he played next to in "Top Gun"} but he just seem to have a knack of picking the worse roles or worse movies to act in. Didn't get on with any directors--one famous on commented. I know there are 2 things in my life I will never do--Climb Mt Everest or put Val Kilmer in another one of my movies.

Throat cancer has finished his caree nowr, most of the time he has to speak with a Voice box.

So an  Amazon documentary on his life is showing at the Cannes film festival this week and released next week, will run through his life--some he narrated--some actors voices used. Should be interesting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

No I was referring to the early 90s Thaibeach.... in Oz...usual single scene get smashed Sat night--recuperate with sore head, Videos & takeaways on the Sunday. I wonder how many of us guys (old farts I mean) would have stayed in Thailand without the help of the Internet. I would have found it difficult--a bit boring. 

I certainly spent a lot of time on the internet while in LOS. Passes the time when it's too hot to go out.

Pity that I wasted so much time on the internet, but I'm an internet addict.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2021 at 7:05 PM, clivebaxter said:

Excellent thanks for the mention. The only reason there was not enough evidence was he burnt it all, confessing he did it to 3 different people seemed to be passed off by the DPP as just one of those things. Amazing he was not extradited to France, or ever charged in Ireland.

This was really good, definitely worth a watch.  The Garda don’t come off so well, to say the least…

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

I first noticed Val Kilmer in "Heat"--(1995) -Great Crime movie if you haven't seen it. Also "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"

I didn't see him in the Jim Morrison role-Doors. 

Thought then , This guys going to be a great actor, better looking  (& taller) then Tom Cruise....(who he played next to in "Top Gun"} but he just seem to have a knack of picking the worse roles or worse movies to act in. Didn't get on with any directors--one famous on commented. I know there are 2 things in my life I will never do--Climb Mt Everest or put Val Kilmer in another one of my movies.

Throat cancer has finished his caree nowr, most of the time he has to speak with a Voice box.

So an  Amazon documentary on his life is showing at the Cannes film festival this week and released next week, will run through his life--some he narrated--some actors voices used. Should be interesting.

Yup, a great shame that he fell from grace, after all Top Gun , Willow and Tombstone were all good movies that should have ensured his future success.

The Doors, Salton Sea and The Saint kept him a household name but seems like he was just accepting roles for any old b , and c , listed movies that came along and his movies soon became ones to avoid.

Of course he only has himself to blame, some of those flops must have been obvious to spot .

I mean, come on !, who would think that The Ten Commandments: The Musical was gonna be a box office hit !!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yup, a great shame that he fell from grace, after all Top Gun , Willow and Tombstone were all good movies that should have ensured his future success.

The Doors, Salton Sea and The Saint kept him a household name but seems like he was just accepting roles for any old b , and c , listed movies that came along and his movies soon became ones to avoid.

Of course he only has himself to blame, some of those flops must have been obvious to spot .

I mean, come on !, who would think that The Ten Commandments: The Musical was gonna be a box office hit !!

Of course he has throat cancer now, so I doubt if we'll see much of Kilmer in the future. Bruce Willis is another whose career has nosedived. He's only in it for the paycheck now, which is surprising, considering he's worth $250 million.

• Like 1

So what is the EXE file you have to download on LIME ...I went looking for "No sudden moves" and not many have it, but Lime have 3  it wants you to download an exe file called downloader to take them.....

20 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

So what is the EXE file you have to download on LIME ...I went looking for "No sudden moves" and not many have it, but Lime have 3  it wants you to download an exe file called downloader to take them.....

Its available on 123movies