What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, gargamon said:

I, Sniper

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12861248/

In the fall of 2002, 17-year-old Lee Malvo and Gulf War veteran John Muhammad terrorized the D.C. region with a series of random shootings from inside the trunk of a blue Chevy Caprice, killing 10 people and injuring three.

Season 1 packs are out in all the usual places.

Thought this was excellent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 10:41 PM, worgeordie said:

Watched a double feature tonight,  A quiet place , and Quiet place part 2,

aliens come to earth, killing everyone, they are blind, but are attracted

to sound, so the survivors cannot speak or make any loud noise,in the end

they find a way to kill them, they always do.....worth a watch.in my opinion.

Takes you back to "Day Of the Triffids" (if your old enough) only they sent everyone else blind, so they could catch them......

"Quiet place"  the sequel  has good write ups..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, recom273 said:

I love this series - The characters are just so true to life, it’s hard to ascertain if they are real or just playing the role to a tee. I knew a few MC grindah’s and decoys back in the day.

Not too sure it’s for everyone, but we’ll recommended. There is supposed to be a film coming this year, Big in Japan. There are also a load of ‘takeovers’ that haven’t appeared online that I would love to see. 

They do a few sets 'on you tube' but it looks to real...but they are actually  acting...It's should be for everybody despite  its subject matter.

32 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They do a few sets 'on you tube' but it looks to real...but they are actually  acting...It's should be for everybody despite  its subject matter.

Yes, there is only a fraction of the takeovers on YouTube that are listed on one of the sites, I would like to see or hear more.

That’s the appeal, like DJ Beats is Cheggars nephew, lol, how can they keep up the act of being south London chavs, it’s so natural .. this is the genius of it. 

Anyway, well recommend - It would be interesting to hear others reaction.

Black Summer.

Netflix. 2 Seasons.

"Set in the dark, early days of a zombie apocalypse, BLACK SUMMER stars Jaime King as Rose, a mother torn from her daughter who embarks upon a harrowing journey to find her. Thrust alongside a small group of American refugees, these complete strangers must find the strength they need to fight their way back to loved ones. But in order for Rose and her team to brave this hostile new world, they will need to make brutal decisions to contend with zombies - and each other."

Not really a big fan of fictional series stuff but gave this one a go as I like a bit of survival horror now and then. This one takes off fast with the action and the pace keeps going from episode to episode. The zombies in this makes the ones in 'Walking Dead' look like statues.

Edited by bobandyson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Black Summer.

Netflix. 2 Seasons.

"Set in the dark, early days of a zombie apocalypse, BLACK SUMMER stars Jaime King as Rose, a mother torn from her daughter who embarks upon a harrowing journey to find her. Thrust alongside a small group of American refugees, these complete strangers must find the strength they need to fight their way back to loved ones. But in order for Rose and her team to brave this hostile new world, they will need to make brutal decisions to contend with zombies - and each other."

Not really a big fan of fictional series stuff but gave this one a go as I like a bit of survival horror now and then. This one takes off fast with the action and the pace keeps going from episode to episode. The zombies in this makes the ones in 'Walking Dead' look like statues.

I gave up on this one after an episode or two of the first season. Bad acting, plot, filming, etc. It was filmed in a small town in Canada with less than 1000 people. The most interesting thing was watching the background buildings to see how many times the same buildings were shown when the actors were doing a point A to point B trip. 

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

The Tomorrow War

Nobody has mentioned this yet that I have seen. It's out everywhere today.

A family man is drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront the past.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9777666

Didn't Tom Cruise star in a film with the same premise as this??

On 6/30/2021 at 11:32 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

The syndicate.  Great  drama series  about lottery  winners played by talented British  characters actors...v compulsive

Loving this , my old stomping ground Leeds and Bradford even Shipley gets a mention !!

22 hours ago, gargamon said:

The Tomorrow War

A family man is drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront the past.

Plot holes as big as the Grand Canyon.

The world can afford to recruit millions of people to fight in a future war.

But they can't afford to finance a flight to the Russian artic.

On 6/30/2021 at 8:41 AM, worgeordie said:

Watched a double feature tonight,  A quiet place , and Quiet place part 2,

aliens come to earth, killing everyone, they are blind, but are attracted

to sound, so the survivors cannot speak or make any loud noise,in the end

they find a way to kill them, they always do.....worth a watch.in my opinion....

Part one (2018) Part 2 (2021)  Emily Blunt  ,Cillian Murphy.

regards worgeordie

Blind aliens hunting by sound ...............

Just stick a noisemaker on a roof somewhere away from people ....... problem solved.

But no, the people in the movie are too stupid to think of this simple solution.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Blind aliens hunting by sound ...............

Just stick a noisemaker on a roof somewhere away from people ....... problem solved.

But no, the people in the movie are too stupid to think of this simple solution.

It would be a very short non film , it's fantasy,entertainment...most movies could

be picked apart, like posts on here ...

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

Just finished binge watching 9 seasons of Foyle's War.  Absolutely brilliant in my opinion.  I thought Foyle (Michael Kitchen) was superb having an intelligent answer or come-back for every occasion even if it was just a sideways glance.  Wonderful acting, scenery, storylines and an interesting look at a piece of WW2 history.  The show didnt mince words when it came to the US but it is what it is I guess.

I highly recommend the series. (123movies and Dailymotion)

• Thanks 2

I've just binge watched season 1 of Mr. Inbetween (6x30 min episodes) Thanks to whoever mentioned it earlier, but again I can't remember who it was, and search for inbetween in this topic has 0 results. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong when running search. Well worth a watch IMHO.

After my post above, I searched for inbetween and it found my post, so search appears to work. Perhaps I've had a senior moment and imagined that someone recommended  Mr Inbetween previously. If anyone knows different, please enlighten me.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

42 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

After my post above, I searched for inbetween and it found my post, so search appears to work. Perhaps I've had a senior moment and imagined that someone recommended  Mr Inbetween previously. If anyone knows different, please enlighten me.

lol .. you aren’t losing the plot, I mentioned the new series a few weeks back, but its been mentioned a few times over the seasons. 

There are some movies that might appeal. mr magic, was the pilot for the tv series with ray shoesmith, mr inbetween - written by Scott Ryan and also gringo and the square, both directed by Nash edgerton. 

• Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just binge watched season 1 of Mr. Inbetween (6x30 min episodes) Thanks to whoever mentioned it earlier, but again I can't remember who it was, and search for inbetween in this topic has 0 results. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong when running search. Well worth a watch IMHO.

Mr Inbetween has been mentioned a few times over the past 3 years ( seasons 2018, 2019 and 2021. ) and more recently when season 3 started dropping.

I have to agree though , it is excellent, I am currently waiting for the last couple of episodes ( S03E08 + E09 ) to drop over the next 10 days before i start to watch S03 as i like to binge also .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, gargamon said:

The Tomorrow War

A family man is drafted

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Plot holes as big as the Grand Canyon.

The world can afford to recruit millions of people to fight in a future war.

But they can't afford to finance a flight to the Russian artic.

to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront the past.

At 2 hours 18 mins it's at least 30 mins too long

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

lol .. you aren’t losing the plot, I mentioned the new series a few weeks back, but its been mentioned a few times over the seasons. 

There are some movies that might appeal. mr magic, was the pilot for the tv series with ray shoesmith, mr inbetween - written by Scott Ryan and also gringo and the square, both directed by Nash edgerton. 

Thanks for that.

Didn't realise there was a movie.

The Magician.

I'll see if it's available.

• Like 1