Thailand reports 216 new COVID-19 cases - 1 additional death

rooster59

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

1 Jan: +279 (7,163)
2 Jan: +216 (7,379) 

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Numbers as of today (Jan 2) show rapidly rising cases/day. Rising cases/day means exponential growth. The recent ups and downs are likely from clusters. It will take time for a clear trend to show but I'm still rooting for the Thai.

image.png.23329fdaf4f58a2e283d6cd5638bacc0.png

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

Numbers today are down from yesterday. 279 down to 216.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, garygooner said:

Let's hope we see the numbers start falling day by day. Please not another full lockdown like in April/May. 

Need to speed up the vaccination program. 

Gary better to be harsh now and stomp it down than wait or be wishy washy and we don’t block it from further transmissions. The time to ACT is now!!

They didn’t get it done after Election Day when people traveled, gathered in voting booths and went home and then back to work, and spread it around big time.

Now is 11-12  days later and those cases are showing. We need to stop cold those that have already retransmitted, and to stop all from doing it again. 2-3 weeks done right can bring us back to late spring again.

The time is NOW!

Edited by animatic
Spelling and clarity
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Many wrong assumptions there I'm afraid.

CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well the influenza (flu) vaccine protects against flu illness. While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to the flu vaccine. In general, current flu vaccines tend to work better against influenza B and influenza A(H1N1) viruses and offer lower protection against influenza A(H3N2) viruses.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

Thailand is facing increasing numbers of patients with diabetes due to unhealthy diets, high obesity rates, and an aging society. Diabetes is a considerable burden for developing countries as it reduces quality of life, increases mortality, and drives up healthcare costs. The disease detection rate in Thailand has improved in recent years, but glycemic control remains suboptimal and significant numbers of patients suffer from complications.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26894266/

If you have walked around Thailand, and walked around the USA and walked around Europe.............

The levels of obesity are there in plain sight in the USA and EU........and Thais are generally slim compared.

Even Boris Johnson admitted his more severe Covid was down to him being obese.

When I am in the USA and Europe I can see clearly that obesity is a massive issue when compared to Asia and Africa.  Its there, in plain sight...........you dont need research reports..........you can see it.

Obesity is a BMI over 30.............

Overweight is a BMI over 25...........

Edited by RR2020

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Numbers as of today (Jan 2) show rapidly rising cases/day. Rising cases/day means exponential growth. The recent ups and downs are likely from clusters. It will take time for a clear trend to show but I'm still rooting for the Thai.

image.png.23329fdaf4f58a2e283d6cd5638bacc0.png

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

From data in OP ,23Dec to 1Jan I solved for k and used that for y(25) in DE solution . That would be the infection numbers for 15 January: 9924. And that's close to your compound interest formula that you posted previously in another thread. (1.3)^16 x 144 = 9581 , for. mid Jan.

IMG20210102150827.jpg

• Thanks 1

The sad part was that a "lockdown " possibly was not needed.

What was needed was for everyone to be contained to a 10 KM radius but not enter another province.

Thay way they could have contained it.

I see a big spike in about 8 days after all the New Year travellers come home to Bangkok bringing the virus with them

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, morrobay said:

From data in OP ,23Dec to 1Jan I solved for k and used that for y(25) in DE solution . That would be the infection numbers for 15 January: 9924. And that's close to your compound interest formula that you posted previously in another thread. (1.3)^16 x 144 = 9581 , for. mid Jan.

IMG20210102150827.jpg

Edit your number was for new cases/day on 15 Jan. My number is for total cases on 15 Jan so hopefully the latter

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Unfortunately, I think in a few weeks the numbers will be much higher.

Would not be surprised at all of a full lockdown looming.

Wait and see.

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. It’s going to get much worse! Even a lockdown won’t stop it this time, too many willing to break the rules.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Satyrman said:

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. It’s going to get much worse! Even a lockdown won’t stop it this time, too many willing to break the rules.

As most infected people are asymptomatic or just have mild symptoms, is the damage cause by a lockdown really worth it?

• Like 1

One proffessors as of 25 years experience and a quiet a few Dr who say this virus is not killing people as made out to be doing asked Boris how can a virus be identified in such a short time, they are saying it takes years to identify as does making a vaccine what works, what I would like to know is after all the quarantine, lockdowns, tiers 1,2,3,and 4 and the magical vaccines don't work will we just able to get on with our lives 

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

So covid19 positive migrant workers are not kept in hospitals? 

It's even worse than that.  We live in Ratchaburi.  A woman that had some Burmese workers was really upset and told us that they are gathering them all up and sticking the healthy ones in with the sick ones.  Perhaps not true but that is what she said.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sapson said:

This information had not been made available for the past year because it would reveal the total fallacy of Thailands self proclaimed Covid 19 miraculous containment policy.

What fallacy?  Yours? 

• Like 1

A troll post trolling about Mr. Trump has been removed as well as a reply. 

A post with a video from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Thais eat a lot more white rice which has a high glycemic index and results in type 2 diabetes.

So nothing to do with the vast amount of fizzy sugar water like Coke or the spoonfuls of sugar added to almost every meal then?

• Like 2

If the numbers increase as it seems there will certainly be another generalized lock down as will be logical after the holidays.

The good news would seem from recent studies that the Covid dies within seconds if hit by UV, will this be the reason for a few deaths in Thailand?

18 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

If the numbers increase as it seems there will certainly be another generalized lock down as will be logical after the holidays.

The good news would seem from recent studies that the Covid dies within seconds if hit by UV, will this be the reason for a few deaths in Thailand?

Want to check that 'good news' ?

https://factcheck.afp.com/health-experts-refute-misleading-claim-coronavirus-disinfectants

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Thailand, even if cases go up massively, should not see high death rates.........as the Thai population is not full of sick, obese, old people kept alive by taking tens of tablets everyday.

That may see a cruel summary - but - the truth hurts.

oh boy, RR,  you're not gonna be a popular guy here in fearcentral visa.    I tried that tough love attitude ..... my daughter turned out to be a sweet and great person .   Everyone else  didn't like me so much   hahaha

for me.... your "truth"  rings  true .     

• Like 2