Thailand reports 216 new COVID-19 cases - 1 additional death

rooster59

Thailand reports 216 new COVID-19 cases - 1 additional death

1314447976_breakingnewsbannerV2.png.753a38ec9813fad299a4d39d9461e070.png

Thailand confirmed 216 new coronavirus cases on Saturday, and one additional death.

Of the new cases, 214 were local transmissions and 2 were imported cases from people on repatriation flights and in state quarantine centers.

A further 26 people have been discharged from hospital.

3016 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

The new death was reportedly a 47 year old woman in Chonburi who suffered from diabetes. Her case was linked to the outbreak at the illegal gambling den in Rayong.

Saturday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 7,379.

The number of new infections and total cases in Thailand since 14 Dec is as follows:

14 Dec: +28 (4,237)
15 Dec: +9 (4,246)
16 Dec: +15 (4,261)
17 Dec: +20 (4,281)
18 Dec: +16 (4,297)
19 Dec: +34 (4,331)
20 Dec: +576 (4,907)
21 Dec: +382 (5,289)
22 Dec: +427 (5,716)
23 Dec: +46 (5,762)
24 Dec: +67 (5,829)
25 Dec: +81 (5,910)
26 Dec: +110 (6,020)
27 Dec: +121 (6,141)
28 Dec: +144 (6,285)
29 Dec: +155 (6,440)
30 Dec: +250 (6,690)
31 Dec: +194 (6,884)
1 Jan: +279 (7,163)
2 Jan: +216 (7,379) 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-02

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I'm encouraged, four days ago it looked like we were at the start of a rapid (if not exactly exponential) growth in case numbers. Now it looks as if the control measures might be having an effect. This is three weeks after the four-day long-weekend we had in December, and there don't seem to be any clear signs yet that the nationwide travel during that period spread the virus in any serious manner. And don't forget that, three days ago, the disease control dept warned us that there were still a lot of test results in the pipeline and we would see these coming through over the next week, resulting in high case numbers. Hopefully, what we're seeing now is just that, and the underlying trend of what's actually happening in terms of falling case numbers is masked by the backlog of positive test results. Maybe I'm being over-optimistic, but I certainly hope not.

I sincerely hope and pray that you are right. Your words in God's ears! PLEASE!

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Let's hope we see the numbers start falling day by day. Please not another full lockdown like in April/May. 

Need to speed up the vaccination program. 

It's a good thought and yes let's hope so, however, as a realist I doubt it very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, polpott said:

Less cases today than yesterday so less wishful thinking than your rampant, baseless pessimism. People are returning from the provinces to Bangkok and Pattaya so not bringing infection with them rather returning to centres of infection.

Numbers as of today (Jan 2) show rapidly rising cases/day. Rising cases/day means exponential growth. The recent ups and downs are likely from clusters. It will take time for a clear trend to show but I'm still rooting for the Thai.

image.png.23329fdaf4f58a2e283d6cd5638bacc0.png

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en

Edited by rabas

1 hour ago, garygooner said:

Let's hope we see the numbers start falling day by day. Please not another full lockdown like in April/May. 

Need to speed up the vaccination program. 

id like to see the drop too but ....all the people travelled home at new years in colder weather.and vaccs where are they?they plenty of money see subs moon shots and very rich peoples accs.something very strange here in that respect,they must protect their economy and they are walking in the opposite direction

• Like 2

Looks at Singapore...........tens of thousands of migrants with Covid...........deaths ?????

They are fit and healthy and not old, sick or fat.

As I posted in another thread.......... In England in the whole of 2020 up to Dec 16th.........only 377 people under 60 with no known underlying sickness had died of Covid.

Thailand even with a lot of cases will not suffer a lot of deaths.  Thai's are generally very healthy.

If you want to see obesity and diabetes and heart disease........look to the USA and Europe.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RR2020 said:

Looks at Singapore...........tens of thousands of migrants with Covid...........deaths ?????

They are fit and healthy and not old, sick or fat.

As I posted in another thread.......... In England in the whole of 2020 up to Dec 16th.........only 377 people under 60 with no known underlying sickness had died of Covid.

Thailand even with a lot of cases will not suffer a lot of deaths.  Thai's are generally very healthy.

If you want to see obesity and diabetes and heart disease........look to the USA and Europe.

RESULTS—The estimated national prevalence of diabetes in Thai adults was 9.6% (2.4 million people), which included 4.8% previously diagnosed and 4.8% newly diagnosed. The prevalence of impaired fasting glucose was 5.4% (1.4 million people).

https://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/26/10/2758#:~:text=RESULTS—The estimated national prevalence,% (1.4 million people).

• Like 1