No lockdown in Samut Sakhon, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat: PM

webfact

10 hours ago, Mattd said:

To be fair there has been no u-turn, just inaccurate reporting, at no point was there a total ban on travel to or from the 5 provinces, restrictions yes, total lockdown no.

there was it was announced now there is no lockdown , confusus says hand in pocket all day feel cocky.

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: any compare Sweden's infection figures with the other Scandinavian countries

Correct, and goes against your defence of the Swedish approach.

But I do not understand the rest of your post???

One of the reasons with the many deaths in the care homes in Sweden was because there were many infected immigrants working there, lots of them part timers and they were not informed about how this virus transmits during the first wave this spring. The other Scandinavian countries did not have this problem.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

What a mess.

???? Hopefully this applies for the guvernement only and not massage shops ... :shock1:

So 5 hard lockdowns announced for the five coastal regions.

My kids school in CM is likely to close tomorrow.

CMRU is about to recall all it's work experience students (including mine), and close the university.

Edited by BritManToo

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've seen so many of my pals/relatives/neighbours die horrible painful lingering deaths while doctors whittle them away, I decided not to hang on a while back. I now refuse all treatment, beyond simple, basic care/medication (2x already and for some reason I didn't die either time), i have no wish to extend my life, I am completely satisfied by the time I've already had.

If anything, I'd like to accelerate that little bit at the end where it really hurts, if possible.

There's little expense in dying, if you don't try to avoid it.

I agree with you on medication and trying to hang on a few more lying in a bed tubed and wired etc.

The wudhuflu I see as being a bit different. We have friends who still now are always looking for places to go in the evening to meet friends etc so we don't go see them or ask them to visit us.

Why risk what time is left.

Edited by overherebc

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

I trust that this particular individual is, as we speak, being transported from Rayong to the Bangkok Hilton for propagating fake news in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic!

I was ready to cancel my trip to Pattaya, cancel my hotel and the business I was going for. when I found out that Chonburi was not shut down at all. These soldiers in the "government" need to stop their power trips, especially among themselves and stop acting like they are still in their barracks and on their parade grounds.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

So 5 hard lockdowns announced for the five coastal regions.

My kids school in CM is likely to close tomorrow.

CMRU is about to recall all it's work experience students (including mine), and close the university.

so we are back to an "official lockdown"?

17 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

There will be a lockdown soon! And it will happen as soon as the students announce their next big demonstration.

No it won't, the soldiers are needed to watch over the borders. :cheesy:

17 hours ago, Badger18 said:

Totally unclear to me whether he's saying that the measures were not approved after all, or that the measures were approved but should not be described as a lockdown.

Especially unclear whether people are allowed to travel out of the worst affected provinces.

The number of migrant workers who've tested positive is still being counted separately. Does that mean that all those migrant workers are in quarantine or isolated in some other way from the general population?

So many question marks it's impossible to tell what's going on.

You would thing that the unelected "PM" and his generals would have been taught about organisation when

they were getting educated at their Military Academies.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

They have been taking communications lessons from Boris and his team

You would think that communication would be one thing that the unelected "PM" was taught at his Military Academy.

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I was ready to cancel my trip to Pattaya, cancel my hotel and the business I was going for. when I found out that Chonburi was not shut down at all. These soldiers in the "government" need to stop their power trips, especially among themselves and stop acting like they are still in their barracks and on their parade grounds.

You may want to check agin this is from another thread posted 3 hours ago.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has also said that people travelling from high-risk areas, especially “red” zones, must isolate themselves for 14 days.

Meanwhile, all high-risk areas in controlled “red” provinces must be closed, CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said on Tuesday, adding that dining in at restaurants will be prohibited from 9pm to 6am, all stores are required to set up checkpoints to screen people entering the area and ensure visitors check-in via the MorChana application. Also, inter-provincial travel is banned unless absolutely necessary or involving the transport of goods, while field hospitals will be set up if needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You may want to check agin this is from another thread posted 3 hours ago.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has also said that people travelling from high-risk areas, especially “red” zones, must isolate themselves for 14 days.

Meanwhile, all high-risk areas in controlled “red” provinces must be closed, CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said on Tuesday, adding that dining in at restaurants will be prohibited from 9pm to 6am, all stores are required to set up checkpoints to screen people entering the area and ensure visitors check-in via the MorChana application. Also, inter-provincial travel is banned unless absolutely necessary or involving the transport of goods, while field hospitals will be set up if needed.

Well there is a few days to go yet so I won't believe anything until it's about time to go.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

He's probably been getting 'Prime Minister Lessons' from Boris Johnson - yesterday morning, kids should go to school - yesterday evening, whole country locked down.

He should not need lessons from Boris, he was educated at a Military Academy, surely organisation is one of the main things that soldiers would get taught.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:
11 hours ago, brucec64 said:

If only these thousands of scientists, in 196 countries, all coming to to the same same conclusion, were smart enough to listen to you... It must be beyond depressing to be such a genius and no one will listen.

Thank you, but I don't claim any level of genius.  Just critical thinking skills.
Equal amounts of scientists also refute the methodology taking place.   I am open to intelligent discussion if you are.  But throwing out emotional words to try and change the narrative of the conversation and not any facts doesn't do much to swing the pendulum to your favor.

Here. let me give you some more data.  Data, not opinion: 

You'd better check your data.  It's wrong, according the the folks at the CDC who keep the official numbers.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Excess deaths.jpg

Edited by impulse

17 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

It was poor reporting by PBS, and reposted by TVF

In fairness to PBS, though, their source was what turned out to be completely fake news posted by the Deputy Health Minister and MP for Rayong on Facebook. As far as I am concerned, therefore, this particular individual is the villain of the piece here.

21 minutes ago, OJAS said:

In fairness to PBS, though, their source was what turned out to be completely fake news posted by the Deputy Health Minister and MP for Rayong on Facebook. As far as I am concerned, therefore, this particular individual is the villain of the piece here.

Seems he 'misunderstood' the PM's orders. 

10 lashes with a perfumed pink ribbon in order. ????????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

So basically all stores in red zone provinces are now effectively no-go areas for everyone who doesn't own a smartphone with some suitable bloody app downloaded on to it, are they?

I went to the supermarket (Tesco) this morning, temp check and hand lotion but nothing else.

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

My opinion only.

Facebook should be limited to children for playing games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1