Pheu Thai questions safety of vaccines from China

webfact

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Considering the amount of faulty protection equipment and ventilators that came out of China, I have little hope that any vaccine will be any better.

there is also the added worry that the vaccine containers have been handled by people with covid

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Leading opposition party, Pheu Thai, voiced concerns about the 2 million Covid-19 vaccine doses the government is set to order from China’s Sinovac Biotech, after side effects from the vaccine were reported in Brazil about two months ago.

But China has said it's safe, so it must be.

I remember on a story a while back where Papua New Guinee refused a plane load of workers as they had been given an unproven vaccine, I have not seen any proof about the safety of Chinese vaccines only negative comments.

I'm not sure what vaccine in Brazil, as they haven't ordered any, their President only mentioned last week that he would wait 6 months to see what effect the vaccine had on people , as he put it, after six months of taking the vaccine , who knows you could turn into a crocodile. 

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It appears to me that Arunee Kasayanond has been reading 'old news'. Brazil has now approved the vaccine and it is now included in their vaccination plan.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1210279.shtml

That is not 100% true in my opinion. First Brazil is one major country that has been getting a lot of financial help that help comes with a price?  Months ago Brazil ask for the vaccine particularly the data at that time it was reported 70% effective thereafter they ask for more data what was given was incomplete and latest that % has gone up to 78% and yet Brazil is still asking for more data?

Now there are stories out there that China has been giving to their citizens the vaccine in return they can travel freely or with less restrictions that was even prior to going into the 2nd stage it was only when the first two came out that all of a sudden they put a rubber stamp on it. It would seem logical to provide all the data the final studies like other vaccine so other countries can review everything and approve it by their FDA? Here it seems stamp as you go along?

In one of my other post, I have family in China spoke to them in September at that time it was already rumor a problem maybe another outbreak but citizens were being gather lockdown and force to take their vaccine many escape to all parts of China who didn't want to be lockdown or take the vaccine? Something smells as far as I'm concern?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

That is not 100% true in my opinion. First Brazil is one major country that has been getting a lot of financial help that help comes with a price?  Months ago Brazil ask for the vaccine particularly the data at that time it was reported 70% effective thereafter they ask for more data what was given was incomplete and latest that % has gone up to 78% and yet Brazil is still asking for more data?

Now there are stories out there that China has been giving to their citizens the vaccine in return they can travel freely or with less restrictions that was even prior to going into the 2nd stage it was only when the first two came out that all of a sudden they put a rubber stamp on it. It would seem logical to provide all the data the final studies like other vaccine so other countries can review everything and approve it by their FDA? Here it seems stamp as you go along?

In one of my other post, I have family in China spoke to them in September at that time it was already rumor a problem maybe another outbreak but citizens were being gather lockdown and force to take their vaccine many escape to all parts of China who didn't want to be lockdown or take the vaccine? Something smells as far as I'm concern?

That IMO is just your opinion. Have you warned Peru, Indonesia, Malaysia and don't forget the Bahraini King Hamad.

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

That IMO is just your opinion. Have you warned Peru, Indonesia, Malaysia and don't forget the Bahraini King Hamad.

Yes, that is what I said " opinion " I wrote what I wrote to confuse you even more!  do some history those countries are in the same boat as Brazil why would you have to even ask for more data if the study is supposed to be done!  Think before you speak do the math!

Also you see any Thailand official jumping in line to get the Vaccine from China?  No it has already been stated by one official that once they get the first 200,000 it will be given to the migrants first now that isn't too confusing for you is it? 

Do you have any information the countries you listed their leaders already taking the vaccine why would anyone take it unless they had to when the study is still ongoing otherwise how you do explain each month the % goes up if given a choice it is a no brainer you would take the one 95% study done all data laid out for countries FDA to read and approved or disapprove yes you are confused!????

Must read to understand SinoVac:

Covid : What do we know about China's coronavirus vaccines?

Dec. 30, 2020

htpps://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55212787

My take:

Efficacy varies 50-90% depending what 3 countries (China, Turkey, Brazil) tested it.

Phase 1 & 2 trials completed but appears to be very low number test subjects (100-1,000); no phase 3 yet?

No specific test details on subjects, ie., age, gender, physical conditions, pre-existing medical conditions, side effects.

In November 2020 Brazil National Health Surveillance Agency suspended clinical trials due to a severe reaction.

Works like a rabies vaccine.

Conclusion:

Might do better to take a rabies shot.