Nearly 6,000 Covid-19 cases in less than a month

webfact

7 hours ago, Virt said:

May I ask why they are not treated in hospitals instead of home care if they have breathing difficulties?

Don't Thais have free Healthcare when it's about covid-19? 

Interesting question as my mother in law has a yellow card and she's 76 so I wonder what would happen if she got covid, anyone know? I'm stuck in NZ at present looks like I might be here a lot longer, cheers.

How many showing symptoms? How many in hospital? Is there enough Hydroxychloquine, Zinc and Azithromycin available to treat anyone who may be hospitalised. Otherwise there is no point in telling the public these things and scaring them which is the reason given for so much censorship of accounts!

Big deal... Not.  Covid is the new global reality. like every other country in the world Thailand will get Covid throughout the entire population.  It is just a matter of time. the advantage the Thai have is that they are typically slimmer and younger than their European and North American counterparts. If under 60 years of age and with no other health issues to increase vulnerability then they have nothing to worry about.

9 hours ago, Puzzler said:

Big deal... Not.  Covid is the new global reality. like every other country in the world Thailand will get Covid throughout the entire population.  It is just a matter of time. the advantage the Thai have is that they are typically slimmer and younger than their European and North American counterparts. If under 60 years of age and with no other health issues to increase vulnerability then they have nothing to worry about.

Right.  Tell that to my 53 year old friend who just died of CV19.  Many under the age of 60 are dying.  This person was healthy and fit.  NO underlying issues.  None.  Another teacher bites the dust.

50 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Right.  Tell that to my 53 year old friend who just died of CV19.  Many under the age of 60 are dying.  This person was healthy and fit.  NO underlying issues.  None.  Another teacher bites the dust.

Sorry , but no underlying issues that were known. Many of these exceptions have exposed rare disorders.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Sorry , but no underlying issues that were known. Many of these exceptions have exposed rare disorders.

Not in this case, nor many others.  You don't have to have underlying issues to die from CV19.  That's well known.

Had Prayuth, Anutin and their teams been on the ball, they would have locked down ground zero, Samut Sakorn immediately, the day the outbreak happened, and it would have likely been contained. Instead cash spoke louder than safety. 

He and his utterly hapless and stunningly incompetent army have failed us once again, and he needs to admit the failure, apologize to the nation, and fall on his sword, metaphorically, by handing in his resignation, in utter humiliation, and say I now realize both myself and Anutin have been way over our heads, this entire time. We take responsibility. Forgive us, if u can, but we will never forgive ourselves for failing you, the people of Thailand. 

This all happened due to sheer stupidity and stunning greed. Thailand is really going into a world of hurt now. Tourism will not recover for years and domestic tourism just died. Millions of jobs lost.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 12:14 PM, ThailandRyan said:

We're all frustrated by the confusion over COVID from the beginning, even from 'experts'. In part because SARS-2 is very strange and new to humans, and because we want to believe experts who are still puzzled over many things. Let  me only discuss asymptomatic. 

Asymptomatic when tested, is not a true asymptomatic case. This is lost on the MSM and even medical people who know this  can use the term both ways. My claim was that true asymptomatic cases average about %17-%20 globally.  Even some 'experts' were unclear early on but this is now accepted. Some real data:

NCBI: Diamond Princess as a controlled environment to measure true asymptomatic cases  March

"The estimated asymptomatic proportion was 17.9% (95% credible interval (CrI): 15.5–20.2%)."

Nature Journal:  What the data say about asymptomatic COVID infections Nov

"Now, evidence suggests that about one in five infected people will experience no symptoms, and they will transmit the virus to significantly fewer people .... But researchers are divided about whether asymptomatic infections are acting as a ‘silent driver’ of the pandemic."

They further explain.  "Research early in the pandemic suggested that the rate of asymptomatic infections could be as high as 81%. But a meta-analysis published last month, which included 13 studies involving 21,708 people, calculated the rate of asymptomatic presentation to be 17%."

There are many more such references but the takeaway is no vast sea of asymptomatic cases exists.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 2:35 AM, webfact said:

Nearly 6,000 Covid-19 cases in less than a month

By The Nation

800_787e3666bb0a18a.jpg?v=1610272837

More than 5,800 people have tested positive for Covid-19 after the latest outbreak.

Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesperson of the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, revealed that from December 15 to January 10, 5,866 cases had been found, with most cases in Samut Sakhon, Chonburi, Rayong, Bangkok and Samut Prakan provinces.

The data corresponds with the report of the Department of Disease Control (DDC) on Saturday that seven people had died and 2,308 were being treated in hospitals with six of them needing respirators, and 1,849 were being treated in field hospitals. About 1,500 patients have recovered and been discharged.

"The number of deaths in the new outbreak is less than 1 per cent, which is considerably lower than in the first wave. Among countries in the region, Thailand's mortality rate is similar to that of Singapore," DDC director-general Dr Opas Karnkawinpong said yesterday.

This outbreak also marks the first time in Thailand where the recovered patients were more than new cases because most patients have relatively few symptoms, especially in the case of the central shrimp market in Samut Sakhon.

There are 20 provinces with cumulative cases of 1-10 people, 10 provinces with 11-50 patients, 10 provinces with more than 50, and 19 provinces with no cases in the past seven days; and 19 provinces had no previous cases.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30401009

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-11

A map of Thailand showing the current status of all the provinces would be a nice to have....................seen one on TV but no link.

12 minutes ago, Derek B said:

A map of Thailand showing the current status of all the provinces would be a nice to have....................seen one on TV but no link.

Edited by Derek B
Tried to delete post.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:32 AM, Natai Beach said:

you don’t believe him do you?

An “awful lot”? 

I don’t know any. Do you? The only person I know with covid is my brother, who is in LA were an awful lot of people are not in hospitals because they are full of covid patients already.

And if I did, they would surely be in one of Thailand’s 1,047 hospitals getting treated for free and tested for covid. The mainstream media and social media would be all over it. 

I plead with Richard to round up this awful lot and get them to a hospital quickly.

He lost me at "my thai friends"

One thing thaivisa has taught me is no foreigner can have thai friends.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, n00dle said:

He lost me at "my thai friends"

One thing thaivisa has taught me is no foreigner can have thai friends.

One thing that TVF has taught me over the years is never to believe everything on TVF.

I have quite a few Thai friends, Some I have known since I first came here in 1993 and others only 4 or 5 years.

Some I have worked with, some I met socially both in BKK and here in rural Kamphaeng Phet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

One thing that TVF has taught me over the years is never to believe everything on TVF.

I have quite a few Thai friends, Some I have known since I first came here in 1993 and others only 4 or 5 years.

Some I have worked with, some I met socially both in BKK and here in rural Kamphaeng Phet.

Wow. Cool.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:38 AM, ThailandRyan said:

You must dream and believe that everything against your beliefs is a conspiracy theory and that all people with Covid go to a hospital as well as those that are sick.  You must live in the real Thailand and your section of paradise is so perfect with everything done just right.  Enjoy your views as they are not shared by myself and others.  Again most people do not go to a hospital when they have minor symptoms or do not feel good, maybe you run to the ER Room whenever you sneeze or have a sniffle.

what has happend to the common cold that brings a lot of thai's down every other year

On 1/11/2021 at 7:55 AM, pizzachang said:

"Asymptomatic" - I've read quite a few articles that say this has been disproven. Not just odd bits of internet claims, but actual studies confirming (again) that viruses are passed by sneezing, coughing and contaminated surfaces, recently touched by the carrier.  Less than 1% reported deaths, but the article does not mention the physical condition and age of the victims. I suspect this follows the previous pattern.   

Yes, there are also articles proving the existence of the Tooth Fairy.  Asymptomatic carriers are factual and real....the infections they spread seem les than the physically ill, but they are still a threat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2021 at 9:30 AM, Natai Beach said:

Ok then. 
so there were was 300,000+ reported covid positive cases in the US on Friday. 

But as you say, most people don’t go to hospital when they have minor symptoms. So what would the real figure be in the USA. 
And are they grabbing random people to be tested in the USA, or is it only people who want to be tested? 

Here in Natai Beach Phangnga they are actively making people be tested. If they pick you out, you can not refuse, you must take the test. 
Sort of what you are advocating they do, they are doing it. But not in your country, where they are still rioting without masks. 

News report you probably missed because you can not\do not read Thai newspapers and then make up what you imagine is happening. 

The pictures show people being dragged in for covid testing. Not a single positive case has been found in any of the 9,000+ tests.

If they did find any, they would ramp up the testing to find more, but after 9,000 negatives it is clear currently we don’t have any. 

https://mgronline.com/south/detail/9630000129877

Meanwhile in your country... you can not do 50 tests without coming up with a positive and NOBODY is made to have a test.

991B786D-CDD0-4A64-997E-4769644EFB7E.jpeg

77A3A86E-BC1C-4C6C-8782-D8513AA7A5F2.jpeg

9FBC830E-05F7-40B8-945A-14EE2F1C8DF8.jpeg

22AA40C9-AA2C-4419-9524-7E7709BE99D6.jpeg

they were bound to have increased cases with the miles of remote border,  but islanders don't understand this. They're response so far has kept the numbers to traceable levels (as long as this state is maintained refrigerated trucks for morgue use won't be req'd) whereas in the west a few hundred cases turns to hundreds of thousands in a heartbeat - to the point where mutations occur from sheer number of transmissions in an apparent riot of virus production. Add extreme selfishness to the mix as well as the uneducated spreading lies and you have a scenario that is made even more terrible due to the fact it was avoidable. Greed won out in the west but ironically they're certainly paying for it now..

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, Natai Beach said:

you don’t believe him do you?

An “awful lot”? 

I don’t know any. Do you? The only person I know with covid is my brother, who is in LA were an awful lot of people are not in hospitals because they are full of covid patients already.

And if I did, they would surely be in one of Thailand’s 1,047 hospitals getting treated for free and tested for covid. The mainstream media and social media would be all over it. 

I plead with Richard to round up this awful lot and get them to a hospital quickly.

In LA if you had mild symptoms you were always told to quarantine at home.