Thailand reports 157 new COVID-19 cases as number of infections appears to stabilise

webfact

A good example of expectation management via misleading headlines!

The only real difference with yesterday is that no cases have been reported from active tracing and testing, yesterday there were 125 of them, all in Samut Sakhon. Without those cases, yesterday's total was 162, compared with 157 today.

Same same, not different, lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

A good example of expectation management via misleading headlines!

The only real difference with yesterday is that no cases have been reported from active tracing and testing, yesterday there were 125 of them, all in Samut Sakhon. Without those cases, yesterday's total was 162, compared with 157 today.

Same same, not different, lol.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/ccsa-update-157-new-covid-19-cases

From the article "90 of the new cases are local transmissions, 42 cases were detected in proactive testing, 4 cases were detected in quarantine for those arriving from overseas and 21 cases were Thai returnees who were tested after being detained for allegedly crossing the Thai-Myanmar border illegally."

This high level numbers are fine for a feel of what is happening countrywide (& 5 red areas), but what we need is more detailed info province by province to fight a way through all the rumors and counter rumors  that abound. e.g.

Current Zone

No's of infected and when, how many are currently in hospital (and which) also SQ or ASQ or ALSQ

No's of dead and when.

Travel restrictions

Bar and restaurant restrictions

Any other restrictions (Gyms, Clothes shops, etc.)

etc.

The only time I've seen any of this kind of info has been specific to Bangkok or Pattaya. When Bangkok sneezes everybody else jumps on the band wagon.

If this exists somewhere you can direct me to brilliant.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

The  checkpoints are mostly manned by volunteers who don’t get paid. 

FYI, my wife knows the mayor very well, having grown up next to him, i.e. he used to live next door to her parents house and she knows what goes on, these guys get paid, trust you me, or perhaps you didn't read a section in your link ?

"The Ministry of Public Health manages 1.04 million village health volunteers across the country, including 15,000 volunteers in Bangkok. Each volunteer receives 1,000 Thai baht (about US$ 32) per month and has received an extra 500 baht incentive during the COVID-19 outbreak".

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

This high level numbers are fine for a feel of what is happening countrywide (& 5 red areas), but what we need is more detailed info province by province to fight a way through all the rumors and counter rumors  that abound. e.g.

Current Zone

No's of infected and when, how many are currently in hospital (and which) also SQ or ASQ or ALSQ

No's of dead and when.

Travel restrictions

etc.

The only time I've seen any of this kind of info has been specific to Bangkok or Pattaya. When Bangkok sneezes everybody else jumps on the band wagon.

Try watching the news. Every single case gets reported over and over again.

5B7DCE4A-05D4-424F-967B-5939EEF15248.jpeg

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

FYI, my wife knows the mayor very well, having grown up next to him, i.e. he used to live next door to her parents house and she knows what goes on, these guys get paid, trust you me, or perhaps you didn't read a section in your link ?

"The Ministry of Public Health manages 1.04 million village health volunteers across the country, including 15,000 volunteers in Bangkok. Each volunteer receives 1,000 Thai baht (about US$ 32) per month and has received an extra 500 baht incentive during the COVID-19 outbreak".

So you think they are there, not attending to their own jobs, farms etc for a dollar per day? 

That should get them a bowl of Kway Tieow, or perhaps they could share a bottle of beer between themselves after their 12 hour shift if they want to forgo eating for the day.

I would describe the 1000 baht as an allowance for expenses more than “pay”. Might cover their fuel bill to get there and back.

Probably best not to take them new equipment. Maybe they have heard about Greeks bearing gifts.

2 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Try watching the news. Every single case gets reported over and over again.

5B7DCE4A-05D4-424F-967B-5939EEF15248.jpeg

That's the point everybody is told over and over the high level situation and shown old info like your graphic, it's for March last year. News reports are debatable in their quality e.g. since todays numbers were submitted 900 new cases have been found in Sakhon Samut, to be refuted the following day by the statement they were included in the 500 of the day before. The province has had only had 3 cases reported to the Public Health Department but there are 20 in isolation in the Provincial Capitals state hospital.

What are we to believe without official releases of information for each province.

51 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Statistics management skills are improving by the day.

Whilst interpreting statistics skills aren't! Just look at the different interpretations on TVF.

My old statistics lecturer used to say the correct use of statistics was the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The attached chart shows the registered deaths in England & Wales. The total numbers don't seem to have increased massively; considering growth in population too. 

I think the chart might be a ways off for 2020 or it is excluding Covid cases otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Edited by 4MyEgo

I doubt very much if the number of infections has really decreased due to the pervasive nature of Covid19. I suspect that they've lessened testing. 

To be honest, a really good thing for Thailand would be to test as many people as possible, therefore PROVING to the rest of the world that actually living WITH Covid19 is no death sentence. Because I'm pretty sure its pervasive out there, and that even you and I have probably had it over the last 18 months.

I wonder if it's too late for Thailand's tourist trade to recover?

I mean - I'm not seeing much indication of people chomping at the bit to fly into Thailand or anywhere else, for that matter!

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Current Zone

No's of dead and when.

Travel restrictions

etc.

Thailand has high level numbers?  Compared to whom? New Zealand maybe that's about it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Whilst interpreting statistics skills aren't! Just look at the different interpretations on TVF.

My old statistics lecturer used to say the correct use of statistics was the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination!

For the theory I support today, I'll use statistics set A. For the theory I might support tomorrow, try anything between B and ...

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand reports 157 new COVID-19 cases as number of infections appears to stabilise

RE.jpg

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand reported 157 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, a significant fall from the number of cases reported on Tuesday. .

Of the new cases, 132 were local transmissions, while 25 were imported from people entering quarantine.

Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin also said 211 people had been discharged from hospital having made a full recovery. 

3,981 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

No new deaths were reported. 

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 10,991, with 67 deaths.

Thankfully, Thailand is yet to see the ‘worst case scenario’ predictions that warned of ten of thousands of new daily cases.

Instead, the country has seen a significant reduction in daily new cases since Jan 4, the start of the  so-called ‘new wave’ of infections in Thailand. 

The number of new infections and total cases in Thailand since 14 Dec is as follows:

14 Dec: +28 (4,237)

15 Dec: +9 (4,246)

16 Dec: +15 (4,261)

17 Dec: +20 (4,281)

18 Dec: +16 (4,297)

19 Dec: +34 (4,331)

20 Dec: +576 (4,907)

21 Dec: +382 (5,289)

22 Dec: +427 (5,716)

23 Dec: +46 (5,762)

24 Dec: +67 (5,829)

25 Dec: +81 (5,910)

26 Dec: +110 (6,020)

27 Dec: +121 (6,141)

28 Dec: +144 (6,285)

29 Dec: +155 (6,440)

30 Dec: +250 (6,690)

31 Dec: +194 (6,884)

1 Jan: +279 (7,163)

2 Jan: +216 (7,379) 

3 Jan: +315 (7,694)

4 Jan: +745 (8,439)

5 Jan: +527 (8,966)

6 Jan:+365 (9,331)

7 Jan:+305 (9,636)

8 Jan:+205 (9,841)

9 Jan:+212 (10,053)

10 Jan:+245 (10,298)

11 Jan:+249 (10,547)

12 Jan:+287 (10,834)

13 Jan:+157 (10,991)

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-13

67 deaths ? Imagine if this number's true with all the crappy measures implemented in shops and malls up and down the country then i wouldn't be sweating as much..... If it was Ebola or some other tried and tested mass murdering disease then i'd be worried........  67 ?  I think we lost in more in a bar fight in Yorkshire......   and before anybody says anything about how wonderful Thailand's preventative measures have been, then dream on, if it was that dangerous people would be dropping like flies already....... 67 ?  Ask yourselves how many people in desperation have already killed themselves over this mass media hysteria dung show  ?   I bet it's into three figures already.....