Pulmonologist suggests both Thais and migrants inoculated first dose within this year

snoop1130

Pulmonologist suggests both Thais and migrants inoculated first dose within this year

line-for-COVID-19-vaccines-.jpg

This photograph taken on January 4, 2021 in Paris, shows figurines next to a vaccine vial reading “Covid-19 vaccine”. (Photo by JOEL SAGET / AFP)

Thai pulmonologist, Dr. Manoon Leechawengwongs, is suggesting that Thailand provides first dose inoculations to all Thais and migrants within this year, rather than half the country being inoculated with 2 doses, with the other half having to wait until the following year.

The board member at Vichaiyut hospital said that Thailand will acquire enough vaccines for 2 doses for medical personnels and high-risk groups, and one dose for the rest of the country.

He said, however, that they should wait for more information before inoculating pregnant women and children under 16.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pulmonologist-suggests-both-thais-and-migrants-inoculated-first-dose-within-this-year/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-01-13

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

ok, please let me get this straight , the developers and producers of the vaccines say TWO DOSES, about a month apart , and this thai expert says : 'nah, only one'; uh huh

That's also what the UK is doing.  The theory being that the additional protection from the second dose is marginal.  I presume that decision was made based upon some credible research, though by whom I do not know.

37 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

That's also what the UK is doing.  The theory being that the additional protection from the second dose is marginal.  I presume that decision was made based upon some credible research, though by whom I do not know.

The UK is doing it for the logistics issue of vaccinating so many, the thinking is it is better to get at least one dose in more people than 2 doses in fewer people hence they have extended the gap between jabs to 12 weeks. In a Country with so many cases I guess this makes sense, in Thailand with a low case rate, who knows.

1 minute ago, stuandjulie said:

The UK is doing it for the logistics issue of vaccinating so many, the thinking is it is better to get at least one dose in more people than 2 doses in fewer people hence they have extended the gap between jabs to 12 weeks. In a Country with so many cases I guess this makes sense, in Thailand with a low case rate, who knows.

the logistics issue of vaccinating so many, the thinking is it is better to get at least one dose in more people than 2 doses in fewer people

So you agree then?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starky said:

the logistics issue of vaccinating so many, the thinking is it is better to get at least one dose in more people than 2 doses in fewer people

So you agree then?

Well yes, not ideal but it is never going to be, of course the fact there is no choice in the matter helps the decision ????

What concerns me is when a supposed doctor is unable to read the drug's circular that explains how the vaccine is to be administered in order for it to be effected, and instead makes up their own protocols.