Jump to content

eat rice like it's cereal?


BananaBandit

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

can i eat rice in a bowl of milk like it's a cereal?

 

or will ongoing consumption of this mix result in some weird sort of intestinal problem?

Give it a go, what could go wrong?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Growing up we frequently had hot rice with a patty of butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and then poured milk on it.  Making me hungry for it just writing this.  Haven't fixed it that way in over 50 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oatmeal. Super healthy. Keeps you full for a few hours. Good for your blood-sugar and cholesterol. Add nuts and/or fruit if you like.

You find it at Tesco and Makro, cost 36 thb for a bag that last for a week.

 

Personally, I start every day with a bowl of oatmeal with half bag of peanuts and one sliced banana. Low fat milk on top.

 

Healthy, cheap, and a superb start to the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

Oatmeal. Super healthy. Keeps you full for a few hours. Good for your blood-sugar and cholesterol. Add nuts and/or fruit if you like.

You find it at Tesco and Makro, cost 36 thb for a bag that last for a week.

 

Personally, I start every day with a bowl of oatmeal with half bag of peanuts and one sliced banana. Low fat milk on top.

 

Healthy, cheap, and a superb start to the day.

 

 

Which oatmeal do you recommend?

 

The instant oats that feature prominently on the shelves do not fit your super-food classification.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eat healthy, exercise regularly; die anyway.

 

If eating bacon, pizza, cheese, burgers, rare steak and all those "naughty" foods takes off a few years of my life, at least it's from the right end and I'm fine with it.

 

Had a good friend who was a total health nut. Died on his motorbike.

 

Oats is very healthy, but, my God, it's a boring food. Never could eat porridge as it's resemblance to cat vomit is just too close.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

 

 

Which oatmeal do you recommend?

 

The instant oats that feature prominently on the shelves do not fit your super-food classification.

I use both the red and blue one.

Red one is healthier but makes you gassy unless you cook porridge on it.

Blue one is excellent for cereal. Just let it soak in the milk for a couple of min before eating.

20210117_090735.jpg

20210117_090520.jpg

20210117_091301.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Oats is very healthy, but, my God, it's a boring food. 

Agree oat can be boring, but if you mix in some fruit/other it can become quiet okay.

You don`t have to enjoy every single meal you eat. Its okay to have a meal just to fuel up too.

 

I eat so much junk during a day. Especially when gf cook. The amount of oil, coconut milk, salt, etc that she throw in is scary. Then you can add the mountain of white rice throughout the day. And the chips and snacks. The random fried chicken. The coke. The beer. The list goes on.

 

At least I manage to put in one healthy meal a day. My BMI thank me for that

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrMilk said:

Agree oat can be boring, but if you mix in some fruit/other it can become quiet okay.

You don`t have to enjoy every single meal you eat. Its okay to have a meal just to fuel up too.

 

I eat so much junk during a day. Especially when gf cook. The amount of oil, coconut milk, salt, etc that she throw in is scary. Then you can add the mountain of white rice throughout the day. And the chips and snacks. The random fried chicken. The coke. The beer. The list goes on.

 

At least I manage to put in one healthy meal a day. My BMI thank me for that

 

Sounds like that healthy meal is for your conscience. Good on ya.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont eat that daily, but if you add chopped banana, or blueberries to it, it makes a nice addition. Any fresh fruit really transforms it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

I use both the red and blue one.

Red one is healthier but makes you gassy unless you cook porridge on it.

Blue one is excellent for cereal. Just let it soak in the milk for a couple of min before eating.

 

 

 

 

I tend to prefer the less processed rolled oats.

 

 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/04/06/the-difference-between-steel-cut-rolled-and-quick-oats_a_22026323/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...