Question on Coe and insurance for covid coverage

1 minute ago, bluebanana said:

its the visa from thai embassy , im not in thailand now 

Only 90 day Covid Insurance required then as UJ stated.

Whether single or multi entry, the Non O only permits a stay of 90 days regardless.

8 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

thanks , question is after 90 days what happens ? 

will they extend my visa due to covid ?  

A visa cannot be extended.

You can extend the 90 day entry for one year. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for two month or proof of 40k bath income.

Or you can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

If available you could also apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

15 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

thanks , question is after 90 days what happens ? 

will they extend my visa due to covid ?  

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

If your intention is to stay long term you should apply for a 1 year extension of the 90 day permission of stay granted at entry. Financial requirements for the 1 year extension are 400K THB deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application, or 2 x 40K overseas transfers into a Thai bank.

If your other than a US, UK, or Australian national, you can also obtain an 'Embassy Income' letter as an alternative of proof of income.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A visa cannot be extended.

You can extend the 90 day entry for one year. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for two month or proof of 40k bath income.

Or you can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

If available you could also apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

so meaning after 90 days , i get another 279 days extension ?

is the extension free ? new to all these ... 

27 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

so meaning after 90 days , i get another 279 days extension ?

is the extension free ? new to all these ... 

No, you can get another 365 days.

Financial proof required, read my previous post.

I am just now applying for the COE and since I have got an Non-Imm O visa I bought insurance for 90 days. However I also enclosed an airline ticket showing a return trip after 10 months. My COE was denied on the grounds that my insurance must cover the whole period of stay. The options I was given was to change airline ticket or the insured period.

The big question which I like to have an answer to is if I should travel en a one-way ticket, what insurance cover would they ask for? One year?

I am applying for single non o 90 day visa based on Thai wife . I am then booking a one way flight from uk to Thailand and taking out COVID insurance for 90 days with axa who insure me the moment my plane lands and all COVID costs are paid in full by them direct and none by me . Near the end of my 90 day I will either get a 60 day extension at immigration or apply for a full year multi visa based on being married to Thai wife.

4 hours ago, lassebasse said:

My COE was denied on the grounds that my insurance must cover the whole period of stay. The options I was given was to change airline ticket or the insured period.

I think they embassy was wrong to demand that. Your Non O may be valid for 12 months but you will only be stamped in for 90 days and I believe the rule is that insurance should cover that stay. Having said that, once an embassy digs their heels in, there's not much you can do about it.

I think this is an area where people may need to be careful.  In normal times there is no requirement to provide air ticket details either when applying for or using a Non O.  Embassies now require flight details as part of the COE process so they see your ticket - still, as far as I know, they are wrong to require insurance for longer than your stay.  They should realise that under current regulations each time your 90 days is up and you leave - you will have to apply for another COE and provide insurance details again.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:06 PM, ronaldo0 said:

I am applying for single non o 90 day visa based on Thai wife . I am then booking a one way flight from uk to Thailand and taking out COVID insurance for 90 days with axa who insure me the moment my plane lands and all COVID costs are paid in full by them direct and none by me . Near the end of my 90 day I will either get a 60 day extension at immigration or apply for a full year multi visa based on being married to Thai wife.

u mentioned etieher a year or 60 days ? 

is difference in price> ?

On 1/16/2021 at 1:16 PM, Tanoshi said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

If your intention is to stay long term you should apply for a 1 year extension of the 90 day permission of stay granted at entry. Financial requirements for the 1 year extension are 400K THB deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application, or 2 x 40K overseas transfers into a Thai bank.

If your other than a US, UK, or Australian national, you can also obtain an 'Embassy Income' letter as an alternative of proof of income.

is 400k a absolute must ? or is tehre anyway ard this  

On 1/16/2021 at 2:18 PM, gearbox said:

Make sure your policy covers asymptomatic cases. There are reports that when people without symptoms are tested positive in ASQ and transferred to the attached hospitals, some insurers refuse to pay.

can u pls elaborate on this 

3 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

can u pls elaborate on this 

To correct @gearbox understanding.

You need to check that the cover starts from the day of entry into Thailand.

Many policies have a 14 day period from acceptance before the policy becomes effective.

(An incubation period, to protect from fraudulent claims).

If your policy is dated to start from the date of entry and includes the 14 day period before it becomes effective, then if tested positive in quarantine, your not covered for medical treatment.

This in essence is what's been reported.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

To correct @gearbox understanding.

You need to check that the cover starts from the day of entry into Thailand.

Many policies have a 14 day period from acceptance before the policy becomes effective.

(An incubation period, to protect from fraudulent claims).

If your policy is dated to start from the date of entry and includes the 14 day period before it becomes effective, then if tested positive in quarantine, your not covered for medical treatment.

This in essence is what's been reported.

so there are insurance co that covers the minute u touch down into thailand ? pls advise on this

15 minutes ago, bluebanana said:

so there are insurance co that covers the minute u touch down into thailand ? pls advise on this

Depends on the company and the policy. (Terms and conditions)

Have the policy start date 14 days before your due to travel, that way your assured of being covered whilst in quarantine.

I took out a local policy in Thailand (not for re-entry purposes) but for peace of mind.

Only covers claims up to 100,000 baht, but 1 million in the event of death, cost 850 baht.

However it has the obligatory 14 day start period where claims cannot be submitted.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Depends on the company and the policy. (Terms and conditions)

Have the policy start date 14 days before your due to travel, that way your assured of being covered whilst in quarantine.

14 days before ?  u mean while i am still outside of tahiland ? 

there is no policy that insures during touchdown in thaialnd ? 

14 days before ?  u mean while i am still outside of tahiland ? 

Yes.

there is no policy that insures during touchdown in thaialnd ? 

Yes there are, but that is a question you will have to ask any potential Insurance provider.

Archived