Jump to content

Restaurants, pubs and bars in Thailand may soon be open and serving alcohol


snoop1130

Recommended Posts

Restaurants, pubs and bars in Thailand may soon be open and serving alcohol

 

291a33bc6f07e5060dd1431d26d47b2b_small.jpg

Image: Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin, file photo

 

Restaurants, pubs and karaoke bars may soon be able to operate in some form of normality with the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) set to decide on easing more restrictions in Thailand.

 

On Friday, the CCSA will propose to the Cabinet on relaxing a number of restrictive measures put in place following the new wave of coronavirus infections in the country.

 

According to CCSA spokesperson, Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, up for consideration will be whether or not to allow restaurants to open until 11pm and serve alcohol to customers and the opening of shopping malls and markets until 9pm.

 

Consideration will also be given to allow pubs and karaoke bars to open until 11pm. 

 

Live music will also be permitted (but no dancing) and venues will be limited to either 100 or 300 attendees depending which province they are located in.

 

Samut Sakhon, the epicentre of the new outbreak of infections, will almost certainly remain under the strictest control measures. However, some restrictions may still be eased in Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani, which like Samut Sakhon are also maximum controlled zones.

 

But for all other areas in Thailand, there is a very real possibility that bars, pubs and restaurants will be able  to operate in near normality as early as this coming Saturday.

 

The CCSA’s recommendations will be put to Cabinet for approval with an official announcement detailing exactly what can open and under what conditions expected on Friday afternoon.

 

The news comes as the Education Ministry on Wednesday announced that schools in the country (with the exception of in Samut Sakhon) will open on 1st  February.

 

Also on Wednesday, Thailand  reported its second-highest number of new daily coronavirus cases, with 819 infections.

 

However, of the 808 new domestic infections, 792 were discovered during ongoing mass testing in Samut Sakhon province, meaning there were only 16 new cases throughout the rest of Thailand.

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-27
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to eating a good plate of Fish & Chips while drinking a mug or two of Guinness at my local Iris Pub once they can serve alcohol.  Of course I will need to ensure I put in 10km the next day...lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

According to CCSA spokesperson, Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, up for consideration will be whether or not to allow restaurants to open until 11pm and serve alcohol to customers and the opening of shopping malls and markets until 9pm.

more thailand policy stupidity on blatant display; restaurants are not the same as bars; restaurant goers stay for 20 minutes to an hour; bar goers stay all night ; more single digit IQ policymakers

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

more thailand policy stupidity on blatant display; restaurants are not the same as bars; restaurant goers stay for 20 minutes to an hour; bar goers stay all night ; more single digit IQ policymakers

Would that it were so. 

 

When the first restriction came in last year I saw numerous groups sitting round  "restaurant" tables with copious amounts of alcohol and the odd plate of chips.  If people cannot act like grown ups then they deserve to be treated like children.

 

The singler digit IQ peope are those guilty of abusing the restrictions last time. 

 

PH

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

more thailand policy stupidity on blatant display; restaurants are not the same as bars; restaurant goers stay for 20 minutes to an hour; bar goers stay all night ; more single digit IQ policymakers

there are many arguments can be made for either - you could argue that restaurants have more contact between people as they pass around menus and servers are interacting with a larger turnaround of customers who are touching many more items than in a bar - what exactly have you got against bars ?, you sound bitter for some reason 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bars and restaurants around Natai Beach (Phangnga) never stopped serving alcohol. 
 

Surprised when I read the headline. 
 

Pretty sure they didn’t stop selling it in Phuket either, just had a midnight closing. 
 

No link on the OP, so I assume this is a Thaivisa sourced piece.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

Bars and restaurants around Natai Beach (Phangnga) never stopped serving alcohol. 
 

Surprised when I read the headline. 
 

Pretty sure they didn’t stop selling it in Phuket either, just had a midnight closing. 
 

No link on the OP, so I assume this is a Thaivisa sourced piece.

 

Here's a link from ThaiPBSWorld on the same subject:

 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ccsa-to-consider-easing-restrictions-on-friday-possibly-reopening-schools/

 

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) is due to meet this Friday to consider easing restrictions, imposed nationally since the onset of the second COVID-19 outbreak in mid-December.

 

CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin said today that three major issues will be considered, namely reopening of schools, dining and drinking hours at entertainment venues, restaurants and street food stalls and proposed plans and guidelines for the easing of restrictions.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Here's a link from ThaiPBSWorld on the same subject:

 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ccsa-to-consider-easing-restrictions-on-friday-possibly-reopening-schools/

 

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) is due to meet this Friday to consider easing restrictions, imposed nationally since the onset of the second COVID-19 outbreak in mid-December.

 

CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin said today that three major issues will be considered, namely reopening of schools, dining and drinking hours at entertainment venues, restaurants and street food stalls and proposed plans and guidelines for the easing of restrictions.

 


Schools are definitely open in Phangnga, bars have been definitely selling booze and street food stalls have definitely been selling street food. 
 

Not a single covid case and everything normal in Natai Beach.
A foreign company is currently filming something booking many hotel rooms and a beachfront Villa. 
 

The headline of this OP is definitely wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

more thailand policy stupidity on blatant display; restaurants are not the same as bars; restaurant goers stay for 20 minutes to an hour; bar goers stay all night ; more single digit IQ policymakers

Ever thought that if the bars are closed, people will drink in the restaurants all evening

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Natai Beach said:

Schools are definitely open in Phangnga, bars have been definitely selling booze and street food stalls have definitely been selling street food. 

It's been the same in Phuket with the only restriction being midnight closing, but that has now been lifted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looking forward to eating a good plate of Fish & Chips while drinking a mug or two of Guinness at my local Iris Pub once they can serve alcohol.  Of course I will need to ensure I put in 10km the next day...lol 

You and me both mate! Except the 10km run. I'm happy the way I am. All the more to love 😉

😆😅😆😅😆😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

It's been the same in Phuket with the only restriction being midnight closing, but that has now been lifted.

And street food? 

 

Just spoke to a mate in Pattalung province. Booze being served, schools open and street food available. 
 

I think the writer might be unaware that the restrictions were only for red zones, not the entire country as has been widely reported elsewhere. 
 

And I think red zones still allowed street food vendors to operate selling food, but not booze. 
 

Sounds like the writer might not be located in Thailand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

The headline of this OP is definitely wrong.

all bars and clubs closed and no alcohol served in restaurants for 4/5 weeks now in Hua Hin. 

massage was closed, gyms still closed, schools. schools will open Feb 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

But for all other areas in Thailand, there is a very real possibility that bars, pubs and restaurants will be able  to operate in near normality as early as this coming Saturday.

All this new freedom wouldn't have anything to do with the upcoming Chinese New Year celebrations by any chance .....LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

all bars and clubs closed and no alcohol served in restaurants for 4/5 weeks now in Hua Hin. 

massage was closed, gyms still closed, schools. schools will open Feb 1. 

The gyms are open Capt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

It's been the same in Phuket with the only restriction being midnight closing, but that has now been lifted.

 

Phuket was named as a red zone. And didn’t have the restrictions described in the OP. 

Phangnga was never a red zone and had no restrictions. Early Jan or late Feb the Poo Yai baans went around and told everyone to mask up again, and I noticed all kids were wearing masks at school.

 

 

9D97CFCD-4341-47C3-A9C7-81DB836E06F0.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Restaurants, pubs and bars in Thailand may soon be open and serving alcohol

Guess I live in another country. Nothing ever shut here during the so-called second wave, although 10pm closing is enforced. which I like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

all bars and clubs closed and no alcohol served in restaurants for 4/5 weeks now in Hua Hin. 

massage was closed, gyms still closed, schools. schools will open Feb 1. 

 

half the bars in hua hin have been rebranded as "restaurants" since the first wave lol

tables out front.. girls, bar and pool table out back!!

 

it was quite a nice loop hole for a couple of weeks - come to think of it.. i might might pop out for a "liquid dinner" tonight 😆

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

all bars and clubs closed and no alcohol served in restaurants for 4/5 weeks now in Hua Hin. 

massage was closed, gyms still closed, schools. schools will open Feb 1. 

Sorry...meant to add that my local in Hua Hin has continued to serve alcohol throughout this period ( and there’s a permanently manned police post just outside ! ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

All this new freedom wouldn't have anything to do with the upcoming Chinese New Year celebrations by any chance .....LOL

Interesting to note - The so called "UK Variant" of the Chinese CV Virus which was (I believe) only detected in the UK because they are very thorough and have one of the most advanced gene sequencing facilities in the world - has now been detected in China  

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Consideration will also be given to allow pubs and karaoke bars to open until 11pm. 

 

Live music will also be permitted (but no dancing) and venues will be limited to either 100 or 300 attendees depending which province they are located in.

Ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and venues will be limited to either 100 or 300 attendees depending which province they are located in.

 

Should that not depend on the SIZE of the venue as opposed to WHERE it is situated?

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Would that it were so. 

 

When the first restriction came in last year I saw numerous groups sitting round  "restaurant" tables with copious amounts of alcohol and the odd plate of chips.  If people cannot act like grown ups then they deserve to be treated like children.

 

The singler digit IQ peope are those guilty of abusing the restrictions last time. 

 

PH

i think Thailand have handled this perfectly.  

The single digit IQ people are in the UK, USA, etc.......just look at the numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, smedly said:

there are many arguments can be made for either - you could argue that restaurants have more contact between people as they pass around menus and servers are interacting with a larger turnaround of customers who are touching many more items than in a bar - what exactly have you got against bars ?, you sound bitter for some reason 

Probably a tea totaler! 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

After the raid in KP the other night, the new Immigration chief, who has been putting himself about with abandon, now says the ban on alcohol in restaurants, due to end today, will now be extended indefinitely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

i think Thailand have handled this perfectly.  

The single digit IQ people are in the UK, USA, etc.......just look at the numbers.

You need to compare the number of people tested in the UK, USA, etc. It's a very simple equation, high volume testing will return a high volume of cases. Thailand simply do very little testing. If they tested at the same volume as western countries they'd get the same high number of positives.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...