Thailand to warmly welcome inoculated travellers

webfact

8 minutes ago, asiasurfer said:

Na come on. Leave borders closed. I just started to enjoy LOS without any tourists. 

Some long time residents might be suggesting to close the borders permanently. ????

Might even be truly beneficial in the long run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand to warmly welcome inoculated travellers

By Suchat Sritama

mt.jpg

Vaccinated travellers will be welcomed in Thailand

Foreigners who have been vaccinated against Covid-19 will be welcomed with open arms by Thailand through a new campaign set to launch in 3Q2021.

Titled Welcome Back to Thailand Again, the campaign is the country’s bid to reclaim lost international arrivals throughout the pandemic. According to Chamnan Srisawat, president of Tourism Council of Thailand, Thai travel operators have started talks with agencies in potential markets, such as China, to restart destination marketing and prepare for future trips.

More than one billion people across the world are expected to be vaccinated by the end of June 2021, which could bring about a return in travel demand.

Full story: https://www.ttgasia.com/2021/01/26/thailand-to-warmly-welcome-inoculated-travellers/

ttgasia-logo.png

Step in the right direction, however surely this can not start until a large amount of Thai people are vaccinated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

There are several things wrong with this plan. First, I've seen no estimates of a billion people vaccinated by June. Second, and maybe most important, vaccinated people can still be infected with the virus and spread it to others (they themselves just don't get sick with COVID-19 disease). This is particularly important to what will likely be a mostly unvaccinated Thai host population. And third, there is no proof for how long vaccinations are effective. These are just a few reasons off the top of my head and there are probably more. 

So what is the alternative that you're suggesting? Wait and see, for how long?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So what is the alternative that you're suggesting? Wait and see, for how long?

That's basically the alternative until there is wide-spread vaccination in Thailand. (Or it is shown that vaccinated people don't spread the virus.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Chamnan Srisawat, president of Tourism Council of Thailand, Thai travel operators have started talks with agencies in potential markets, such as China, to restart destination marketing and prepare for future trips.

So the wet dream of tourism lobbyists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

awesome! we have a 100% effective vaccine now?

damn i must have missed the news..

or are we just opening up another big can of worms?!

Vaccine to be delivered by Arial spraying.  As the drone flies over you just have to breathe in the mist it will be spraying and you will be fine...oh wait that was to kill mosquitoes, my bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1