Thailand to warmly welcome inoculated travellers

webfact

4 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Exactly! What kind of proof is needed. I have a wonderful computer and a printer, and I can easily manufacture proof that I've been vaccinated. I may even start a business.

Best of luck with that. Risk prison and permaban from the country all just so you can avoid a quick jab in your arm?  Sounds like a brilliant plan....????

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gumballl said:

Exactly! What kind of proof is needed. I have a wonderful computer and a printer, and I can easily manufacture proof that I've been vaccinated. I may even start a business.

..and some people still wonder why Immigration think Farangs are a bunch of conniving shisters..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

new campaign set to launch in 3Q2021.

So, the earliest inoculated tourists can start arriving will be July 2021 (3Q) - also note below:-

8 hours ago, webfact said:

have started talks with agencies in potential markets, such as China,

9 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

awesome! we have a 100% effective vaccine now?

damn i must have missed the news..

or are we just opening up another big can of worms?!

The warm welcome will feature flame throwers. Any residual virus will be eliminated.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

There are several things wrong with this plan. First, I've seen no estimates of a billion people vaccinated by June. Second, and maybe most important, vaccinated people can still be infected with the virus and spread it to others (they themselves just don't get sick with COVID-19 disease). This is particularly important to what will likely be a mostly unvaccinated Thai host population. And third, there is no proof for how long vaccinations are effective. These are just a few reasons off the top of my head and there are probably more. 

Yes, i agree.

Until entire Thai population vaccinated can't see this going ahead.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

No Government in the World is going to allow its Nationals to travel to any Country which does not have a comprehensive, sustained and proven vaccination program in place. Whether they have been Vaccinated against Covid or not.

Mainly because upon return to their Homelands, they may well be carriers of the Virus back from the Vacation Country.

And Thailand is way behind the curve on any Vaccination program

Well actually, some governments in Europe have already removed the quarantine requirements upon return for vaccinated people, regardless of where they come back from, and more will follow shortly.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Thank you for the link.

I guess it has to start somewhere - so why not in the Seychelles......

We have a long way to go though, and until a large % will be vaccinated, airlines are not going to fly half empty airplanes.

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Good thinking Thailand, as i will be vaccinated in Oz soon and coming not have to dread the thoughts of being cooped up in a Thai hotel eating fried rice and chicken 3 times a day, being tested and prodded and pay good money on top it, so again, the sooner the better...

Optimistic old mate. Still looks like months to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wordchild said:

one big issue here is , what about  kids? they cant get vaccinated.

ie Will families with kids still have to quarantine? Including those of us who live in Thailand and may wish to travel abroad and then return to Thailand?   Or will it be sufficient just for the adult members of the family to  have been vaccinated? 

No families will come unless this is resolved. 

Single adult males only. Just like the old days!

Certainly there will be followup trials for children since recent variants are infecting them at a higher rate.

7 hours ago, DaLa said:

That is what the plan should be and should be the WHO’s role. However given that agreements between countries can take years to finalise and not all countries will join, I can with almost certainty say that it will be nearly impossible to implement. Think of countries that hold databases already and the error rates, add the  logistical problems of maintaining a record of even half the worlds population.

WHO or certain capable countries could help countries with low digital capability, so Singapore could take care of any Asian countries that needed help, while South Africa could do the same for Sub-Saharan countries, and so forth.

Problem for me is I can get the vaccination in the U.K. along with my Thai partner, we are currently stuck here, we have a 5 year old son, the vaccination hasn’t been approved for under 16s.

Would be allowed to enter Thailand if he wasn’t vaccinated ?

I am from Australia, we have had no cases of the virus for a while now and my area has not had a case since the start of the pandemic. I have my girlfriend of 4 years and 4 months living in a  North East town who I haven't seen for 14 months. I wish and prey that we can be together soon as we are not getting any younger and I miss her very much

For those making predictions one, one way or another, 

It is important to remember that the situation is fluid, and that can change , depending on vaccine availability , efficacy, and viruses mutations. 

Any predictions made now, are based on current information and as information changes so could predictions.  

As far as the quarantine is concerned, it does not have to be all or nothing, based on conditions, before it is eliminated , it could be reduced. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, connda said:

Why? 
"WHO officials warned there is no guarantee that COVID-19 vaccines will prevent people from being infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus and transmitting it to other people."
World Health Organization. Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) Press Briefings: Dec. 28, 2020

There is no quarantine that a piano being hoisted up a building will not fall on you and end your life in a musical cacophony yet you walk on the sidewalk every day. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lkv said:

Because the vaccines greatly reduce the chance of infection, and there is no such thing as reducing it to zero. This virus will be circulating for years to come and the world needs to get moving.

No different from the flu which will always be with us vaccines have to be altered year on year to combat new strains. We might even need an annual Covid19 jab possibly possibly combined with the flu jab. The  idea of waiting for Covid to be eradicated isn’t going to happen, there now has to plans put in place with out quarantine or tourism will disappear globally.

• Like 1

Just now, shdmn said:

IATA is also pushing an electronic solution.  

Absolutely right.

all that the "Vaccine passport" is , it's a certificate that everyone involved can trust. Any trusted organization that can collect that information from the pertinent agencies in each country in the world and provide it in a centralized database. Otherwise how is Thailand to know that a receipt from youbetistan is real.

IATA is a trusted organization, with recourses in every country and an interest in making travel easier and safe. 

• Like 1