Two killed, several injured after ‘drunk’ foreigner crashes into motorcyclists in Hua Hin

webfact

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Because if you and everyone else were just going to ‘let them get on with it’ there wouldn’t be any forum designed for discussion and you wouldn’t have anywhere to upload your 16,227 post on various subjects including this one... 

Nonsense. How is whatever may be said here going to influence the outcome of this tragedy? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Nonsense. How is whatever may be said here going to influence the outcome of this tragedy? 

I did not see anyone say that anything on here would influence the outcome. The post was straightforward. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nauseus said:
25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because if you and everyone else were just going to ‘let them get on with it’ there wouldn’t be any forum designed for discussion and you wouldn’t have anywhere to upload your 16,227 post on various subjects including this one... 

Reading difficulties much ??????... try again.

12 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

BRAVO

Throw the ------ Idiot into jail.

No not even Jail

Throw him out onto the street and let the Families have him

If he can afford a 1,000,000 Baht truck let the Families have that to begin with then dry up his bank account and anything else he has

Deary me - would you really want possession of the truck that killed your kids. It is not worth 1m baht now anyway. Throwing him to the locals is not even "an eye for an eye" - family would loose the option to legally extort funds. Jail would take him off the roads though.

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

It was a scene of chaos yesterday as I was coming home. Ambulance staging area transfering bodies, I counted five ambulances. I did not see the accident but it was clear the truck driver just plowed into the scooters at speed. 

Of course, it was you was coming home, they don't expect you.

8 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Let´s say like this! It stands in the headline that he was. To me it sounds clear that you are trying to make it look better than it said to be. That´s a more typic TV-member reaction when it regards a foreigner. I would love to read your comment if they said it was a Thai driver.

You need to improve your reading comprehension.

The word 'drunk' was in quotation marks. Hence it was reported speech. Which means someone said he was drunk.

Unlike you, I prefer to wait for evidence before convicting.

10 hours ago, jimrod said:

You gotta laugh. Foreigners are often having a go at the Thais for blaming them for this that and the other. Here we have the Thais being the main culprits for letting foreigners see and replicate their actions.
Imagine in court. Why did you do it? I saw the Thais do it, so I wanted to copy them.

Monkey see monkey do

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:
3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

The Thais need to check folks for prior DUI's before allowing them entry, that might help.. 

How would that work with visa exempt or visa on arrival??? "Have you ever been arrested for DUI farang?" "Ah, no officer". "Ok then, entry is granted"!

True.  But most guys on visa exempt don't buy a vehicle in Thailand.  Screening the long term stays would prevent a lot of the problem. 

But I think there would be a collective shudder of the expat community if they ever decided to stop giving extensions to expats who have DUI's in their past.  A lot of the guys I knew would be out.  Thailand seems to attract a lot of expats who didn't play well back home.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, robblok said:

Some of the expats in Thailand love to imitate the locals and love their drink. A lot of those on the forum. Just look at the howls of displeasure when alcohol is banned for a day.

They're not imitating the locals.  They're doing what they always did, long before they ever got to Thailand.  Reveling in the fact that they can usually get away with it in LOS, unlike back home.  Right up until the tragedy, where they bump up against the laws of physics, chemistry and biology.  Which aren't subject to backhanders.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, robblok said:

Some of the expats in Thailand love to imitate the locals and love their drink. A lot of those on the forum. Just look at the howls of displeasure when alcohol is banned for a day.

If guilty send him to jail and then ban him from entering Thailand. 2 people died and if he was drunk its an unforgiveable act.

Arick must be the dumbest retard on here to haha your comments. I fully endorse what you said roblokk.

12 hours ago, robblok said:

If guilty send him to jail and then ban him from entering Thailand. 2 people died and if he was drunk its an unforgiveable act.

a lot of expats cant seem to get through a day without getting smashed. What this guy has done is totally unforgivable and I hope he is severely punished for his actions.

Condolences to the families of the deceased. RIP

12 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

there was a Brit who killed a guy in mai Kao last year in a Benz. Another one also in a Benz in Chiang mai or rai a few years back. If you google in Thai you will find over 50 examples of foreigners killing Thais on the road because of speeding, drunk or both.

To my knowledge they always buy themselves out of jail. 

Over the same period what are the comparable numbers of drunken Thais killing themselves and others ?

2 hours ago, Eugene art said:

Major jail sentence if in Canada,  should do the same here

I don't get it - why should Canada be selected as the guide post for laws in Thailand?

Would the reverse be ok?

Why not apply Saudi laws for adultery in Thailand or all over the world?

Actually - I don't get most of the stuff that is posted on TVF, this is always like visiting a parallel universe to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bradmeister said:

Shame on Thai Visa again for claiming it was a foreigner and not a resident or even a non Thai retiree.  Know before you blow!

I saw a photo of a white man uploaded to some facebook group by someone who was there, he had what looked like a minor injury and was sitting at the side of the road - apparently this was the driver. He wasn't Thai.

This wasn't on my computer or phone or I would have made a screenshot and saved it for future reference  - someone else handed me their phone with the post, it was fully uncensored, victims bodies and all.

There are unsubstantiated rumours circulating about previous incidents.

Edited by ukrules

6 hours ago, cyril sneer said:
11 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

How quickly death can come.

The 2 people on the scooter innocently riding along the road, and then in a split second an oncoming pickup truck simply smashes into them without warning. 

exactly

this is a constant thought in my head whenever i leave the house until i return home again, even if not on the roads

You're kidding no?

I'm always thinking about what's for dinner.