Error 522, Error 522, Error 522

Pilotman

31 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I assume you're not including the Mod who offered you some advice, and who you publically thanked?

that's not TVF 'support' with a technical explanation.  It was Cossy being helpful from his own experience.  Big big difference. 

2 minutes ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I wasn't actually aware who 'support' actually was, thank's for the clarification..

Same for me...can access the forum using a VPN (Australia) but it is slower. Am on TOT but now am using my DTAC data...my 5GB should last until monthly refill...

On 1/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, SpaceKadet said:

CloudFlare is working fine, the problem seems to be the TV servers.

I have now given up trying to comment on this. This, and so many other issues have plagued TVF for weeks now. To me it looks like the TVF admin team is totally incompetent. Better start hiring better talent, instead of the cheap Indians.

It may well not be the admin team, it’s far more likely that the owners are just cheeping out on the hardware, or are employing code warriors who are incompetent. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

Problem was never mentioned never mind a big problem......

You are correct that the word problem was never mentioned, though surely implied - - should we all being using the exact same words? 

he said - THIS WEBSITE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY - - that sounds like a problem to me... and could be a big problem.. we don't want no hangings... 

23 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

You are correct that the word problem was never mentioned, though surely implied - - should we all being using the exact same words? 

he said - THIS WEBSITE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY - - that sounds like a problem to me... and could be a big problem.. we don't want no hangings... 

Ha Ha , with you posting straight after me , I thought you was referring to my post. ...

On 1/30/2021 at 11:21 AM, J Town said:

Well, four out of three people aren't good at math.

And there are only 10 types of people in the world – those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Now let's see who my fellow Geeks are..... @Crossy perhaps? ????????

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, VBF said:

And there are only 10 types of people in the world – those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Please don’t byte his bits ????there are a few more,  some are those who use or understand octal and hexadecimal.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VBF said:

There are a few of us about, I learned programming on a NASCOM-1 (8-bit, Z80 assembler, HEX) and a DEC PDP-8 (12-bit, PAL8 assembler, Octal) although I've not done any serious programming for many years.

I admit having to Google it when some of our (real) software guys started talking about an issue caused by incorrect "endianness" (big endian and little endian) although it turned out that I knew what it was, but we'd never really given it a name.

Meanwhile the error 522 issue isn't going away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

There are a few of us about, I learned programming on a NASCOM-1 (8-bit, Z80 assembler, HEX) and a DEC PDP-8 (12-bit, PAL8 assembler, Octal) although I've not done any serious programming for many years.

I admit having to Google it when some of our (real) software guys started talking about an issue caused by incorrect "endianness" (big endian and little endian) although it turned out that I knew what it was, but we'd never really given it a name.

Meanwhile the error 522 issue isn't going away.

PDP 11s and subsequent VAX for me 

By the way, it won't surprise you to learn that I do NOT see the 522 issue from UK - in fact it's working well....just FYI.

57 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Code 522 means you are a few inches away from being suspended.

Code 523 is time over.

That's an internal code for the Mods????

nonsense, but it sounds like a good conspiracy theory so lets  run with it

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1