When was the last annual general meeting in your condominium and…

Can the management rightfully claim, for more than 18 months now, that they cannot have the the ordinary and not an extraordinary meeting organized due to covid? Land department or district office do not take active action, just to say this upfront...

While maybe not specifically mentioned in shutdown/lockdown orders, the orders did contain some broad directives not to have public gatherings etc. So I imagine the condo management can site the shutdown/lockdown orders as not allowing an AGM.

My block had an AGM last march, prior to the 1st lockdown, besides not having many people attend as they literally were not in Thailand, it did involve a whole lot more expense, masks and sanitizer when both were in short supply and expensive, distanced seating etc.

If your block is a mostly foreigner block, and most are not in Thailand, it may be a case of no meeting due to not enough people to attend.

Our committee had a regular business meeting on Saturday and we voted to postpone our normal early-March AGM until it's safe to do so.

Given the on / off COVID restrictions on gatherings and farang travel restrictions we felt it's the right thing to do.

Our Jurisitic Person manager said there's nothing in the Condo Act that prevents us from doing so.

We are lucky in that we live in a housing development but we have had all our meetings plus an extra one the past 2 years.  We hold them outside.

If you have an outside area maybe you could suggest doing that.  Have the meeting around the pool.

It does seem reasonable.  

12 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

We are lucky in that we live in a housing development but we have had all our meetings plus an extra one the past 2 years.  We hold them outside.

If you have an outside area maybe you could suggest doing that.  Have the meeting around the pool.

It does seem reasonable.  

You have to consider the amount of people. some condo blocks have more than 1'000 people. I don't think they can stay around the pool!

• Like 1

Our condo AGM was delayed from April to July in 2020. Normal attendance numbers as only 3 foreign owners in our project. If there were high numbers of foreign owners not able to attend easily I could understand delay until more have returned.

In 2020, our usual April AGM was postponed until August due to restricted gathering/social distancing requirements promulgated by the BMA.  We haven't yet decided about our 2021 AGM.  If your management is saying they have been unable to hold a meeting for 18 months due to COVID restrictions, they are probably stretching the truth.

My Bangkok condo held its 2020 AGM in February 2020.  It was a very long meeting in a closed room with lots of people and no social distancing. My partner and I--and many others attending--did not wear masks the whole time.  Plus, the microphones were being passed around, as well as ballots, pens, refreshments, etc.  In hindsight, it should have been postponed or held with more safeguards in place.  My Pattaya condo did not hold an AGM the entire year of 2020, citing covid as the reason.

This year, my Bangkok condo held the 2021 AGM on January 23rd.  Owners could attend personally or participate using ZOOM.  I did neither as I thought the meeting should have been postponed with travel prohibited at that time and the condo pool and gym still closed for safety.  No word yet as to whether or when my Pattaya condo will hold its 2021 AGM.  

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 8:26 PM, zappalot said:

Can the management rightfully claim, for more than 18 months now, that they cannot have the the ordinary and not an extraordinary meeting organized due to covid? Land department or district office do not take active action, just to say this upfront...

Covid was not known 18 months ago....

7 hours ago, natway09 said:

If you own a condo you have a right to demand a meeting.

Around the pool should be fine as owners ONLY. Renters have no right to be there,

We have over 600 condo owners & we struggle to get a quorum

Any Renter that has "proxy" vote from a co-owner can attend and vote !!

Here the lies of the management about why not meeting in 2019!!!!

Note that the first corona Detection of the virus in China happened December 27 2019 and in Thailand January 13 2020 only

Can they sue me for defamation if I publish such documents without marking out anything?

corona_lie.-210201JPG.JPG

Edited by zappalot