Vaccine side-effects a major concern for people, poll shows

webfact

36 minutes ago, scammed said:

and i havnt been getting any flu shot at all for the past 50 years with no side effects either

You’re lucky.  I lost a grandfather to the Flu.  It killed him. Like you, he never got the shots either and he was always “...perfectly fine.”

And my old boss used to laugh at me for getting the Flu shot each year. He warned me the vaccine was dangerous. He said it had aluminum and mercury in it and embalming fluid and the pharmaceutical industry wanted to make us all sick.

He told us how healthy he was. 
  And then he got the Flu really bad one year. It cost him two weeks off work and two days in the hospital on a ventilator. And he still wasn’t quite himself for a couple more weeks even after he did come back to work. 
    He never laughed at me or criticized me for getting the Flu shot again. 
  Sometimes the Flu can be very bad... and even deadly.

Flu is not the common cold and sniffles. It’s no joke. 

Edited by Catoni
Correction
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Many people allergic to the Flu shot are allergic to eggs. (Eggs are used in production of the Flu vaccine)  I would also expect you to get itchy hives all over your body also if you were getting an anaphylactic allergy reaction. 

I’ve been getting the Flu shot every year for about fifty years now with no side effects at all. 
  But the effects you describe also sound like the side effects of an anxiety attack. Do you have fear of needles and injections? (Trypanophobia)

last time I checked, they use aborted fetal cell lining as growth medium, so no eggs since long time...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't believe they will force anyone. Just that it holds certain disadvantages for not doing it like harder travel. That is something that is in the cards. But that does not change your rights always been the way that countries could limit people from entering if not vaccinated. That is not something new, just something more current now as it will probably apply to a lot of countries in the future. 

So your rights have not changed, just that the theoretical has become a bit more practical with a world wide virus. Before it was just certain countries you could not enter if not vaccinated for certain things now the list will be bigger.  That is my prediction anyway. I could be wrong but I think a difference will be made between those vaccinated and those who are not vaccinated. 

but the vaccine , if I did read correctly, does not prevent you from spreading it, right ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Rodik said:

last time I checked, they use aborted fetal cell lining as growth medium, so no eggs since long time...

Yes, from fetuses that were aborted in the early 1960’s. They’ve been growing and reproducing the cells under special conditions. No new fetuses used since the 1960’s.

Those cells from those two fetuses have saved millions of men, women and children’s lives. 
    I’ve had vaccinations against pretty well everything there is a vaccine for, so I guess I’ve have vaccine that used those cells. 
    Doesn’t bother me at all.  
As far as I know... some vaccines use the fetal cell medium... other vaccines use eggs to grow the culture. It depends on which vaccine you are talking about. 
  Pretty sure Flu vaccine still uses eggs. 

Edited by Catoni
Addition

18 minutes ago, Mike Rodik said:

but the vaccine , if I did read correctly, does not prevent you from spreading it, right ?

Whether or not you are vaccinated doesn’t matter. You have to first become infected with the virus in order to spread it.
   If I’m vaccinated but don’t have the virus...l obviously can’t spread it. 
And if you ARE vaccinated....it’s going to be a lot harder for the virus to take hold in your system and multiply to an amount that is able to be spread easily.  

• Like 2

Just now, Catoni said:

Whether or not you are vaccinated doesn’t matter. You have to first become infected with the virus in order to spread it.
   If I’m vaccinated but don’t have the virus...l obviously can’t spread it. 
And if you ARE vaccinated....it’s going to be a lot harder for the virus to take hold in your system and multiply to an amount that is able to be spread easily.  

don't you wish the government would offer free testing ?

I would get tested asap...

If I do it myself & pay for it, I might end up with a 100k hospital bill in quarantine if found positive

1 minute ago, Mike Rodik said:

don't you wish the government would offer free testing ?

I would get tested asap...

If I do it myself & pay for it, I might end up with a 100k hospital bill in quarantine if found positive

I’m still stuck here in Canada. While my friends in Cambodia wait for me to return. I really miss living in Siem Reap and spending some time in Chiang Mai and Bangkok, Thailand. 
    Won’t be getting tested any time soon. I’m due for my Pfizer Covid vaccine shots sometime between April and June. And then I book flight back to Cambodia and Thailand.  Well below freezing outside now with snow and ice. 
   Wishing so much to be back in Siem Reap with visits to Bangkok again.  Best wishes everyone there. 

On 01/02/2021 at 4:03 AM, RichardColeman said:

If they were offered the Chinese one, I wouldn't blame them. Pretty sure expats would be 99% worried about being offered that one - other 1% would be too drunk too care

I didn't know Thailand had any intention of offering Covid-19 vaccines to foreigners...

On 2/1/2021 at 8:15 AM, Deserted said:

In England the argument was to give the vaccine to people up north first. Then wait and see if there are any side effects, if not then give it to people down south. In Thailand, maybe they could give it to foreigners first, then Thai people if there are no side effects. 

That sounds more than reasonable, especially , free of charge, if we would be the testing ' creatures ', 

On 2/1/2021 at 1:44 PM, Asspec said:

And less than 400 with no underlying conditions under the age of 60 have died. More chance of being hit by a bus.

What your comment above fails to recognize is that the vast majorities of UK COVID deaths thus far among all age groups have been among those with SOME type of pre-existing condition, according to the government statistics.

Those preexisting conditions can be commonplace things as being overweight, having high blood pressure, and more. So, not entirely surprising, given the high percentages of the population with some kinds of medical preexisting conditions.

Having some kind of preexisting condition is hardly a rare thing.

Screenshot_1.jpg.544b236b594b68f7cf5e3388f783704a.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13584329/377-covid-deaths-under-60-underlying-health-conditions/