Koh Larn: Large numbers of tourists expected to return to holiday island

webfact

Koh Larn: Large numbers of tourists expected to return to holiday island

10pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Manager reported that locals on the holiday island of Koh Larn off Pattaya are hopeful that tourists would soon be flooding back.

Chonburi authorities have ordered the closure of hotels and similar establishments as a measure to help with social security payments to staff who will be eligible for up to 7,500 in government money. 

But now 110 hotels and resorts on the island are applying to the Bang Lamung authorities to reopen now that the island and the province have lifted travel restrictions. 

Operators on the island intimated they had high hopes that tourism would be buoyant very soon. 

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-01

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, webfact said:

Operators on the island intimated they had high hopes that tourism would be buoyant very soon. 

Ahem, bouyant...really, nice pun in your statement.  I hope domestic tourism picks up, I hope that people will start to have money here and folks can go back to work, but then with this government who the hell really knows.

• Like 1

Thais I have found are the most optimistic business people who see nothing going wrong with their business plans, however, with the number of business's failing there is something that they could not foresee happening, it is an ongoing problem and to imagine a bright future does not mean it will be as they will no doubt experience again before it swept under the carpet and forgotten.