Pattaya: Lukewarm response to renewed opening

webfact

20 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

My guess is that people are being cautious. I think as the week progresses people will start returning if there are no new outbreaks and numbers remain low.

Just in time for CNW.

Who’s celebrating CNW , I personally am NOT 

• Like 1

Even with the closures there are way too many bars, restaurants and hotels here to be supported by domestic travelers, let alone locals.

The cheapest restaurants and bottom priced bars seem to have customers.  The rest not so much.

Get away from Soi Buakhao and surrounding areas and it is deadsville.

• Like 2

I ate out with the GF last night in the Punch & Judy and it was busy, by the time we left there was just one table free. It's not, of course, in the tourist zone, so I guess it's the same old story; places near the beach dependent on tourists will stay in the doldrums, while those depending more (or entirely, in the case of many places on the Dark Side) on expats will continue to do OK.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The question is what normal. Before the latest lockdown Pattaya was a shadow of its former self after the first wave of the pandemic. 

There is NOTHING normal with people dying by the thousands a day. people all over the world are falling ill, losing their jobs, losing loved ones,spending their life savings and going broke, getting petrified to be outside, scared to travel, airlines now requiring PCR test before boarding, virus keeps getting mutated, vaccines  may not be able to fight these mutations, there's uncertainty in the air..

THIS is the "normal" now!

So who the hell is going to travel half way around the world to sit in a red-light street bar with a drunk, loud, needy  middle aged  sex worker if there is a deadly virus and death in the air???

Edited by pattayadude
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

So who the hell is going to travel half way around the world to sit in a red-light street bar with a drunk, loud, needy  middle aged  sex worker if there is a deadly virus and death in the air???

Me.....lol????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

oh probably some foreign drunk, needy, slobbering senior citizen who couldn't have a normal relationship with a woman if they're life depended on it..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I noticed Destiny, Paradise, Pandora, Crystal GoGo were opened. Restriction was to be music but no dancing but what I saw wasn't happening one girl I ask " what time closed " answer late!

"What I saw wasn't happening." Right. How drunk were you, anyway? 

Here's the question: Was there dancing or not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1