68.3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines delivered, 46.4 million administered: U.S. CDC

webfact

68.3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines delivered, 46.4 million administered: U.S. CDC

2021-02-11T191217Z_1_LYNXMPEH1A1L4_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-USA-WASHINGTON.JPG

FILE PHOTO: National Guard personnel and pharmacists from Safeway and Albertsons administer vaccines at a coronavirus disease (COVID-19) mass vaccination site at the Clark County Event Center at the Fairgrounds in Ridgefield, Washington, U.S. January 27, 2021. REUTERS/Alisha Jucevic

(Reuters) - The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said it had administered 46,390,270 doses of COVID-19 vaccines in the country as of Thursday morning and delivered 68,285,575 doses.

The tally of vaccine doses are for both Moderna and Pfizer/BioNTech, vaccines as of 6:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, the agency said.

According to the tally posted on Wednesday, the agency had administered 44,769,970 doses of the vaccines, and delivered 65,972,575 doses.

The agency said 34,723,964 people had received one or more doses, while 11,188,782 people have got the second dose as of Thursday.

A total of 5,348,775 vaccine doses have been administered in long-term care facilities, the agency said.

(Reporting by Vishwadha Chander in Bengaluru)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-02-12

26 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Impressive response since the change in administrations.

No biscuit if you don't risk it.

The U.S. government (as did other governments) pre-funded vaccine production at great risk. 

And we'll do our best to help everyone.

Just a very poor excuse to try and save the face of a devious and we take it all when we want nation. Still shameful! Live with it! The rest of the world is opening their eyes.

"No biscuit if you don't risk it." - Wow! A cliché sentence. Great job. Hip way of speaking more USBS. What was the risk with an investment in Covid-19 vaccine? Did you think the demand was going to go down before any profit was made? If so, please don´t try life of business on your own.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

33 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Impressive response since the change in administrations.

No biscuit if you don't risk it.

The U.S. government (as did other governments) pre-funded vaccine production at great risk. 

And we'll do our best to help everyone.

Spot on imo when we are in better condition here at home we will be reaching out giving others a hand up rite now we need to get our house in order first.I got my first jab allready no side effects btw things are starting to look up.I think a lot of the discrepancy we see in the #s received and administered is probably a 2ond dose hold back stay safe good luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

You hate America. So, why should you like our vaccines? Get it from the people you like, China. And next time, try not to bite the hand that feeds you.

Bite the hand that feeds you???? That´s one really deluded posting.

Like I said. You talk about America like the hand that feeds, but when it regarded the vaccine, you tell other nationalities to get it from China. The essence of the true American. Feel proud now!

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The US invested big money on these jabs. They should get first crack. Only makes sense. And truly fair if you are a U.S citizen.

Please tell us what country you are from?

Well, the US did buy the jabs....placed & funded orders last year.   If other countries want the jabs "now" those countries just need to buy them (or should have brought them if able); otherwise wait until WHO/U.N./other countries provide some free or really low cost  jabs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Bite the hand that feeds you???? That´s one really deluded posting.

Like I said. You talk about America like the hand that feeds, but when it regarded the vaccine, you tell other nationalities to get it from China. The essence of the true American. Feel proud now!

"Bite the hand that feeds you." It is an idiom. Not to be confused with idiot, except in the case of certain people.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Rodik said:

the corona positive cases should drop like a dead fly now, right, with 1/3 - 1/4 already safe for ever ?

It's thought after infection, you might only be immune for 6 months or so. Guaranteed not forever. Even the jab only provides protection for a year or so. And some don't protect against the new mutations.

8 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

So, everyone still believes US is a fair country? How can they have 70 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine for their people when a big part of the world got noting?

No, just a big bully with an unfair amount of mucle. Turning something that should be fair into a we want it all, as usual. Shameful!

Countries with the most Covid-19 cases should be given the priority when delivering vaccine to control the spread. US is the top country with most Covid-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths. It is fair that US get the vaccine first. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Where is the vaccine made that the US is using?

Most of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine will be made in Massachusetts | Boston.com

Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine is being made in Michigan | Bridge Michigan

Emergent BioSolutions to make J&J COVID-19 vaccine in Baltimore (wbaltv.com)

To Answer your question all the vaccines being used in the US are being produced in the US.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

"Bite the hand that feeds you." It is an idiom. Not to be confused with idiot, except in the case of certain people.

I know exactly what it means. USA is not doing anything good anywhere at the moment. Their own country in chaos, people are dying like flies out of Covid.19 and enormous economical problems to deal with. The only thing they are creating is chaos in other countries and always trying to micro manage the world. I don´t have much respect for a country that can´t have the same laws for their people.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sanmyintmaung said:

Countries with the most Covid-19 cases should be given the priority when delivering vaccine to control the spread. US is the top country with most Covid-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths. It is fair that US get the vaccine first. 

pffft! The only thing here, is that they have the most disoranized country in the world, and whetever they tell or ask people to do they refuse. That´s why there is so much deaths and cases. Should the rest of the world suffer for that idiotic system and people that don´t care?

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

I know exactly what it means. USA is not doing anything good anywhere at the moment. Their own country in chaos, people are dying like flies out of Covid.19 and enormous economical problems to deal with. The only thing they are creating is chaos in other countries and always trying to micro manage the world. I don´t have much respect for a country that can´t have the same laws for their people.

You don't have to like it or accept it. You just have to live with it.  We can complain daily of the inequities everywhere in the world, but it does not change the facts.  With Covid-19 and vaccinations it appears that the US has finally started to see declines for the first time in the pandemic albeit there are still large amounts of cases.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/covid-2021-02-12

Would you rather they didnt? , and why do you think they are making the rest of the world suffer when they are using vaccines produced wholly inside of their  borders.

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You don't have to like it or accept it. You just have to live with it.  We can complain daily of the inequities everywhere in the world, but it does not change the facts.  With Covid-19 and vaccinations it appears that the US has finally started to see declines for the first time in the pandemic albeit there are still large amounts of cases.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/covid-2021-02-12

Would you rather they didnt? , and why do you think they are making the rest of the world suffer when they are using vaccines produced wholly inside of their  borders.

Just an anti-American. A jealous one. LOL

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Okay, okay, no need to repeat ad nauseum that you hate the US.  As other posters have mentioned, the vaccines being administered here in the US were funded by the US taxpayers and manufactured here in the US.

While I understand the ethical considerations of fair distributions of vaccines around the world, that notion likely runs somewhat counter to the obligation of a President or Prime Minister to foremost protect his/her own people.  I guess what you're arguing is that, for example, the US or UK or German government should provide the same help to somebody in Timbuktu as their own citizens?  They'd likely be recalled from office if they did that.

Nah, what I mean is not that they provide same help. I am just posting about that they just not shut down the distribution, like it seems they have.

23 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Nah, what I mean is not that they provide same help. I am just posting about that they just not shut down the distribution, like it seems they have.

Again, making comments unsupported by any facts.  Now, help us all out and tell us how the US has shut down or hampered the manufacturing or distribution of any vaccine anywhere in the world.  (Saving you some ink from your keyboard.....the US hasn't done so)