Acquitted again by Senate, Trump still a powerful force in Republican politics

webfact

On 2/18/2021 at 12:33 AM, EVENKEEL said:

The claim was 100's of thousands have left the republican party since the 6th. Earl made the claim.

Even so, just because people leave the GOP it doesn't mean they will vote democrat next election. IMO many people are now voting against candidates, rather than for them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even so, just because people leave the GOP it doesn't mean they will vote democrat next election. IMO many people are now voting against candidates, rather than for them.

I was republican for a long time. The tea party bs turned me off. I'm an independent and vote for the RIGHT candidate. Not against one. Only those subscribing to tribal politics do that.

48 minutes ago, Credo said:

I most certainly voted against Trump.  I didn't care who ran against him, they had my vote.   He was exceptionally dangerous and destructive to every belief I have.   

IMO that's what won the vote for Trump. IMO so many either voted for him because of her, or didn't vote at all, that he won.

I'm sure that had Bernie been the candidate he'd have won. I'd have voted for him, but never ever for her.

18 hours ago, placeholder said:

He'll be back as President on March 4. The Trump Hotel in Washington has ever doubled its rates for that date:

Donald Trump's most fervent supporters are ready for him to become the 19th president on March 4

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/2/18/2016784/-Donald-Trump-s-most-fervent-supporters-are-ready-for-him-to-become-the-19th-president-on-March-4?detail=emaildkre

55555....that's pretty funny stuff.  It's amazing that there are people in America who actually believes this stuff.  I mean, they really do.  I used to be somewhat sympathetic to stupid people because I figured they were harmless.  Well, maybe not so much anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, candide said:

Some people are born suckers!????????????????????

"At the Trump International Hotel in Washington DC, the least expensive room option is the deluxe king, ranging in size from 350 to 475 square feet. At this time of year, it normally runs anywhere from $476 to $596 per night.

Interestingly, on March 3 and 4, the same room is selling for $1,331 per night. That’s 180% above the base rate and more than double what you’d pay any other night in February or March, according to the hotel’s website."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/02/06/trumps-dc-hotel-is-jacking-up-rates-for-qanons-next-special-date/?sh=59d37d527b85

I have to commend Trump for doing one thing very, very well.  That is, fleece his supporters.  No one else comes close. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

55555....that's pretty funny stuff.  It's amazing that there are people in America who actually believes this stuff.  I mean, they really do.  I used to be somewhat sympathetic to stupid people because I figured they were harmless.  Well, maybe not so much anymore. 

It's not a question of intellect. It's about low information. It's telling that workers in the tech industry, where dispassionate evaluation of information is crucial to success, vote overwhelmingly for progressive candidates.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO that's what won the vote for Trump. IMO so many either voted for him because of her, or didn't vote at all, that he won.

I'm sure that had Bernie been the candidate he'd have won. I'd have voted for him, but never ever for her.

A would-be Sanders voter who has repeatedly celebrated Trump's appointment of extreme right wing justices to the Supreme Court? It is to laugh.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I have to commend Trump for doing one thing very, very well.  That is, fleece his supporters.  No one else comes close. 

I must also admit he's very talented at that. He's even able to make them feel happy to be fleeced!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think Bernie would have won. That's why Biden was chosen to run. Plain Jane, but could win.

• Like 2