Can someone take care of our 2 cats?

Na Fan

They're 2 female British short-hair, black, 12 years old, neutered. Spent their first 4 years in Europe, and since then have lived here in Thailand. They have vaccination passports and all.

They're friendly and pretty quiet (they're not that young anymore and sleep most of the time).

I've had them all their life but since we've got a kid, they are making our life hell, and it's gotten to the point where I need to decide: cats or marriage.

I don't know if they are jealous of the child or whatever their problem is. But every single day they pee around the house, and we just can't have it anymore. They need to change venue.

If anyone has a good outside area where they can spend the evenings of their lives in peace and without getting eaten by rabid street dogs, then that'd be great. 

We're in Chonburi and can bring them to you if it's anywhere in driving range.

Edited by Na Fan

If you don't find a member here willing to take them on, I recommend getting your wife, if she is Thai, to make a short phone video, with lots of cute shots of the cats and the baby, and a voiceover explaining the problem. Don't include any mention that a farang is involved.

It may seem like a long shot, but that sort of video will get a lot of attention on social media, especially from cat lovers, and Thais can be very kind when they understand that there is a real problem.

My partner's daughter successfully used this method to rehome a dog she loved but was unable to handle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donnacha said:

If you don't find a member here willing to take them on, I recommend getting your wife, if she is Thai, to make a short phone video, with lots of cute shots of the cats and the baby, and a voiceover explaining the problem. Don't include any mention that a farang is involved.

It may seem like a long shot, but that sort of video will get a lot of attention on social media, especially from cat lovers, and Thais can be very kind when they understand that there is a real problem.

My partner's daughter successfully used this method to rehome a dog she loved but was unable to handle.

Good idea - thank you for that!

• Like 1