Thai PM, cabinet cancel Friday's scheduled AstraZeneca vaccinations

webfact

Fear of the unknown is a terrible thing. Everything in life has a risk. Real men take moderate risks. Cowards delay and delay and delay. Who are some of the biggest cowards in Thailand? The men tasked with defending and leading the nation. 

Best for everyone to just admit you are in over your heads and resign now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, farang63 said:

where I live I spoke to many Thais, the majority I spoke with said they will not get any vaccines, there is no safety in the vaccine and they do not trust, and their body is fine like this, they do not want any problems, if so ? how will the Thai government vaccinate the entire Thai population if millions do not want to get the vaccine
(I am not an antivaccine, but I certainly love my body very much and I am fine, and I must first have the maximum certainty that the vaccine does not create any problems)

Well 17,000,000 in the UK and the population is not filling the Hospitals with DVT or walking around with drooping faces suggests all is well.

• Haha 1

This is a military government, is it not? What kind of example of valor and bravery are its leaders setting for the rank and file soldiers?

I suspect if the Thai military had to combat a professional armed force, it would fold like wet cardboard.

• Thanks 2

Those big shots don't have guts. I remember Putin a couple of months ago finding excuses for not being one of the first to get the Sputnik vaccine.

If countries run for cover at the merest hint of bad side-effects, it's not just Thailand that's not out of the woods yet. At least those brave enough to get a vaccine and make themselves non-contagious should get a free pass and be allowed to travel freely. Can't make omelettes without breaking eggs.

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Makes perfect sense.
Thailand's Covid numbers are so low anyway it just would not make any sense rushing the vaccine when there are reports of serious blood clots. 
Blood Clot or Covid?  I'd  take Covid any day of the week.
I'm glad Thailand is taking this seriously. 

Except there are zero reports of blood clots being abnormally high and zero evidence of any vaccine encouraging blood clots.Delaying vaccinations will directly and indirectly cost lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Somehow 20 million Brits have been vaccinated mostly by the Astrazeneca jab without suffering from blood clots but some jittery Scandinavians start worrying about it without any evidence and Prayuth calls the whole thing off.

If he's scared of the virus and scared of the vaccine then he might as well lock himself in his basement for the next 3 years.

thailand should have bought Pfizer or moderna when he had the chance -- the government can sell it at a higher price and make money

Israel with their push to vaccinate their people.. it will take them at least 5 more month to vaccinate their country.

For thailand with all their wishy washy techniques. you are looking at 2022-2023 to vaccinate the country 

I'm surprised Thailand has any AstraZeneca vaccines after Italy prevented a shipment to Australia and the European Commission threw its toys out of the pram about trying to force AZ vaccines produced in the UK to be sent to the EU. 

That being said, there have been comments here which are valid, e.g. Thailand does not have the death rates of many other countries, so a rush is not required, in my view, and safety is the number one priority. Better to be sure of the batches and the vaccines themselves than rush a solution that need not be rushed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, matador007 said:

This is actually a great move.

Thailand not in a critical spot compared to other nations, so no need to rush it out the door.  Wait for clearance/more information on these clots.

The only critical spot is tourism and without vaccinating their own folks there is a risk of a civid spread.

Nothing to do with Denmark, Norway, and Iceland closing down the emergency use experimental live-trials do to blood clotting deaths?  I've go get in the Sinovac line if I was him.

7 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

Shock, Gasp, Horror! 

Not the best example for the soldiers he leads, let alone the civilians. 

What I find surprising is that 30% of US Military refuse the shot according to an article.  Surprising to me as when I was in the military back in Vietnam era we didn't have a choice. Lined up and they just shot us with like 20--21 vacines, I couldn't raise my rifle the next day. Had some who for religeous reasons reufused they just  had guys hold them and shot them anyway.

28 minutes ago, connda said:

Nothing to do with Denmark, Norway, and Iceland closing down the emergency use experimental live-trials do to blood clotting deaths?  I've go get in the Sinovac line if I was him.

He should adopt my plan and get the placebo!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I've also spoken to some Thai's that do not plan to have it. And yeah, it's not just younger people that are saying this... 
I also don't have anything against people taking it, but as i'm pretty fit and still fairly young, i don't see any need to take it. 

This virus will not disappear although it will mutate, if you catch it and survive your immunity will be limited so anyone who isn't vaccinated perhaps on a yearly basis will eventually catch this virus again and again until it kills them.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, anchadian said:

Let's start again shall we?

The way this is going, I doubt us foreigners will get our initial 'free' shot until 2023.

So they can drag the situation and keeping us longer in lockdown and/or on face diapers.