Any downsides to the "defamation visa?"

29 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Why not ask him to drop the suit now?  Then it won't be hanging over your head when you re-enter.

Think you missed the stupid/crazy plan. Think it a crazy way to try and stay in Thailand long term due to having matters listed for court. Ridiculous ????

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you missed the stupid/crazy plan. Think it a crazy way to try and stay in Thailand long term due to having matters listed for court. Ridiculous ????

Or perhaps it's just a drama queen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There would be stamps in your passport that you received extensions due to court action. At the very least, that would lay you open to future questioning. Worse, I think, what you plan would be illegal, albeit probably hard to prove. It is a little similar to using a bogus marriage as a means to stay.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Caldera said:

This is one bat dropping crazy idea, I must say...

All other potential issues aside, it's probably a lot more expensive than you think. Court fees, lawyers, etc.

Agree, and there is no guarantee you would be approved for a visa, as we all know just because it's in the immigration rules dont mean it will be followed. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

There would be stamps in your passport that you received extensions due to court action

That's interesting. Of course these situations do occur, meaning genuine court cases and someone has to obtain extensions. Any idea what these stamps would look like or what notation would be in passport.

On 3/13/2021 at 7:13 PM, Hal65 said:

I think its brilliant personally. Assuming no downsides like a bad stamp. Uses the inefficiency of Thailand to your favor. But by all means if you would prefer to complain from the perpetual holy victim stance ????

Note subparagraph (2) in Section 2.26 in the image posted by @ubonjoe

"(2) The applicant does not behave in such a way that indicating his intention to stay longer"

As soon as immigration gets even a hint that you have set the entire thing up for the purpose of extending your stay, you are gone. Unraveling that mess could be tricky at best.

Has it ever occured to you to get a visa from an Embassy? With people like you it is no wonder that the rest of us who stick to the rules get a hard time.

If you have to do that you must have done something that means you wont get a visa through the legitimate channels.

If this is the case, go home to what ever country you come from and stay there. The rest of the world does not need cheats like you and Thailand certainly doesnt.

Edited by upu2

^ If what you say is true why are there so many cheats here in Pattaya?

I'm on volunteer visa at the moment. EDs in the past. I may buy an Elite in 5 years but would rather invest that money

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1