Vaccine rollout continues with Sinovac’s jabs

rooster59

Vaccine rollout continues with Sinovac’s jabs

Tanakorn Sangiam

de0a9af1cff6b62d9ed1c7f01d92aca0_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - With a push back against AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Thailand due to emerging reports of blood clots in some vaccinated people, leading to an unexpected suspension in European countries, the vaccination campaign in Thailand continues with China-made Sinovac’s vaccine being given to the first group of people.

Some high-profile government officials are among the people receiving Sinovac’s vaccine at Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute, including Deputy Government Spokesperson Traisuree Taisaranakul, the Department of Health Director General Dr Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai, as well as some executives of the Ministry of Public Health, with the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul present at the hospital to provide support.

Sinovac’s Coronavac vaccine from China is the first vaccine type to arrive in Thailand for a mass rollout. The first 200,000 doses arrived in Thailand late last month and are now being distributed to people in priority groups.

So far, 33,621 people have now received the first dose, 76.9% of whom are medical professionals, 12% officials with potential exposure to infected persons, 1.2% people with chronic diseases, and 0.3% villagers in high-risk areas. 9.6% of the first dose recipients figure, still need further clarification as to which group they belong in.

By areas, 116,520 doses of the vaccine have already been distributed to 13 first priority provinces, namely Chiang Mai, Tak, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Bangkok, Chon Buri, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Ratchaburi, Surat Thani, and Phuket.

The number of first dose recipients has now reached 36.3% of the first rollout phase target. Most of the recipients, some 91.12%, report no reaction to the jabs, while 8.88% reported mild to moderate reactions such as vomiting, muscle pain, and inflammation at the injection site.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-03-14

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If it takes SIX medics to administer ONE dose it's gonna take forever.

Exactly my thoughts not forgetting the stand in line for the 'photo shoot' which by my calculations will take forever and a bit.

• Like 2

As Private hospitals have claimed, they have been told, getting other vaccines approved might take 90 days ... that is right, three months!! And the Thai PO-Yais got collective cold feet about chosen vaccine Astrazeneca, in a very publicly botched photo opp.

You better get the sinovac out there and get public with it, other wise the country will wonder if you are serious about restarting tourism in 2021.

• Like 2

Well, that's convenient, Sinovac is the vaccine of choice. Personally, I think it's all a waste of time, so many mutant variations out there. Just expose the population to it.  Some guys will die, some won't - as it was, is, and always will be. You think your resistance to infection and disease happened by accident? No, it was a winnowing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

in an earlier report it was stated 35k already given, but only to 3k of medics. Good to see more medics getting jab.

those "9.6% needing clarification which group they belong" probably should never be vaccinated, at this stage. They are the government and local administration officials, who pushed themselves  through.

But why it's so slow? All medics should be given jab immediately, without delay. They should get the second jab shortly after another 800k are imported on 25.3.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

As Private hospitals have claimed, they have been told, getting other vaccines approved might take 90 days ... that is right, three months!! And the Thai PO-Yais got collective cold feet about chosen vaccine Astrazeneca, in a very publicly botched photo opp.

You better get the sinovac out there and get public with it, other wise the country will wonder if you are serious about restarting tourism in 2021.

As the song goes "In the year 2525, if man is still alive, ......."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

As the song goes "In the year 2525, if man is still alive, ......."

Mankind will be still alive in 2025 . However there will be a slowdown of the world population . 

Just like the wildebeest survival mechanism, safety in numbers .

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

If it takes SIX medics to administer ONE dose it's gonna take forever.

Some European countries only allow a Doctor to administer a vaccination....that's backwards and will lead to years long delays.

I can't remember which country it was but apparently they're thinking about changing the regulations.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

So far, 33,621 people have now received the first dose, 76.9% of whom are medical professionals, 12% officials with potential exposure to infected persons, 1.2% people with chronic diseases, and 0.3% villagers in high-risk areas. 9.6% of the first dose recipients figure, still need further clarification as to which group they belong in.

It has taken as long as 20 Days or so to Vaccinate these few people in the Vaccine Crawl out Plan.

Thats about 1,650 per Day, which is a truly poor effort.

As for the 9.6% of people that dont have a category, they could possibly be HiSo,s.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not sure how all of you guys feel, but I would not take the Sinovac junk, if they paid me. Why go for the lowest quality vaccine available anywhere? Why did they choose junk over quality? Many of us know the answer to that. 

I will get the Moderna or the Pfizer. Period. If I can't get it here I won't get it here. I will get it overseas. It is an exercise in ridiculousness, deliberately choosing the bottom of the barrel. 

Mike, we're not experts. There's no indication Sinovac is not effective, just less so. Moderna & Pfizer are brand-new vaccine tech, mRNA. Who knows that that will result in years down the road.

Personally, I'd prefer Sputnik or J&J. Will we see them before 2025?

Oxford-AZ is not out of the race by a long shot. Perhaps it's even possible to get two different vaccines in you safely.

If you go abroad for a vaccine, better make sure you can get back in here. I hope they'll do away with the health insurance requirement if an entrant can prove vaccination.

Vaccine trivia: Anybody here know Dolly Parton kicked $1mil to Moderna vaccine development early on? Wish some of the really fatcats who made a ton of money from Covid would pony up some loot for the common good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump boasting that without him it would have taken years to develop a vaccin.

meanwhile, China, Russia, etc, all produc good vaccins in a record time.

The main reason why farangs are hypercynical about the vaccin of China is bc its from China. 

• Confused 4

13 hours ago, nausea said:

Well, that's convenient, Sinovac is the vaccine of choice. Personally, I think it's all a waste of time, so many mutant variations out there. Just expose the population to it.  Some guys will die, some won't - as it was, is, and always will be. You think your resistance to infection and disease happened by accident? No, it was a winnowing. 

One country president  agrees with you. Few  if any vaccines. Country is Brazil. Have you seen the result? Country is on the verge of collapse with insurrection bubbling under the surface.

30 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

Where is the clinical oversight and experience data for the China and Russia vaccines? You show me where the data  is and the reporting of adverse reactions, and then you can lecture us all on how great China & Russia product is. None of the Chinese vaccines have received full regulatory approval or released complete phase 3 trial data.  Thailand stops AZ vaccination because  surveillance in EU says it wants to take closer look at issue of possible blood clots, but Thailand has no  clue as to whether  China vaccine has same issue or other issues because China does not collect and share the information.

Maybe China and Russia vaccines will work for some variant of virus because China and Russia vaccines are based in large part on shared or stolen information from the vaccine developers in the west.  However, until they report full data and are transparent, I will not take.

India Serum Institute is manufacturing a large amount of the AZ vaccine, but no one is making same concern about India product. You know why? Because the India manufacturer and AZ are transparent and open.  I think, the blood clot issue will be investigated and shown to be unrelated to the vaccine and that we will see the promotion of the story will be tied back to  Russia or China saboteurs who have been spreading lies about western vaccines.

Who is spreading lies? China vaccines from Sinopharm and Sinovac are inactivated vaccines, so what information is stolen from mRNA and viral vector vaccines from the West? Without evidence, please shut up.

CP group bought 15% shares for some $500mln at sinovac.

AZ in thailand is going to be made by siam bioscience, which belongs to crown property.

I don't think any oligarch would try muscle wrestling with crown property. Small chance, that military and government would dare to challenge the court.

Just the PM and ministers get chickened sh.it about being vaccinated. So this coming weak AZ will roll to hospitals. Probably all cabinet will get jab this week

Edited by internationalism

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Not sure how all of you guys feel, but I would not take the Sinovac junk, if they paid me. Why go for the lowest quality vaccine available anywhere? Why did they choose junk over quality? Many of us know the answer to that. 

I will get the Moderna or the Pfizer. Period. If I can't get it here I won't get it here. I will get it overseas. It is an exercise in ridiculousness, deliberately choosing the bottom of the barrel. 

Me thinks it's all to do with how fat the brown envelopes are.... 

If you have spent large amounts of time in Thailand, you should not be surprised at the rapid suspension of AZ over a China thing - would it happen the other way? Coincidence? Along with EU flakiness over a UK product... It just makes me laugh and cringe at the same time (how many have been given, 100M? with a few deaths probably not even related lol). Folk are such a fickle bunch. 

Anti-UK (China - and most everyone else) aside: how easy for dodgy states to propaganda and rollout their questionable tat and/or bigwig pharma with very expensive drugs to do the same?

Edited by daveAustin

10 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Vaccine trivia: Anybody here know Dolly Parton kicked $1mil to Moderna vaccine development early on? Wish some of the really fatcats who made a ton of money from Covid would pony up some loot for the common good.

Vaccine trivia : Anybody here know Dolly Parton DONATED $1mil to various COVID vaccine research projects, including Moderna vaccine development early on ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54974987

Edited by realfunster
Spelling

23 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

The ASQ is making some people very rich, mostly the ones in authority. The unelected "PM" springs to mind.

There is no incentive for them to restart tourism.

On 3/14/2021 at 2:10 PM, Selatan said:

Who is spreading lies? China vaccines from Sinopharm and Sinovac are inactivated vaccines, so what information is stolen from mRNA and viral vector vaccines from the West? Without evidence, please shut up.

All that I wrote is well documented. China and Russia have been shown to be sabotaging western vaccine research and  programs. The Chinese and Russians have been caught  stealing information. This is not  USA position alone, but is the  same position of EU, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Taiwan, Canada and now India which  sustained attack last month.

You are promoting your political position of China/Russia superiority, The evidence is overwhelming, but you  cannot accept because it is contrary to your political views  Here is some of the evidence, so now is time for you to follow your own request.

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-and-china-promote-coronavirus-conspiracy-narratives-online-says-eu-agency/

https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/how-china-ramped-disinformation-efforts-during-pandemic

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-disinformation-campaign-aims-to-undermine-confidence-in-pfizer-other-covid-19-vaccines-u-s-officials-say-11615129200

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/us/politics/vaccine-hacking-russia.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/22/hackers-try-to-steal-covid-vaccine-secrets-in-intellectual-property-war

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2020-12-15/covid-19-coronavirus-the-hackers-targeting-vaccine-researchers/12974504

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/16/chinese-researchers-stripped-security-clearance-canada-lab-deadly/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 10:35 PM, Patong2021 said:

All that I wrote is well documented. China and Russia have been shown to be sabotaging western vaccine research and  programs. The Chinese and Russians have been caught  stealing information. This is not  USA position alone, but is the  same position of EU, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Taiwan, Canada and now India which  sustained attack last month.

You are promoting your political position of China/Russia superiority, The evidence is overwhelming, but you  cannot accept because it is contrary to your political views  Here is some of the evidence, so now is time for you to follow your own request.

https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-and-china-promote-coronavirus-conspiracy-narratives-online-says-eu-agency/

https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/how-china-ramped-disinformation-efforts-during-pandemic

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-disinformation-campaign-aims-to-undermine-confidence-in-pfizer-other-covid-19-vaccines-u-s-officials-say-11615129200

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/us/politics/vaccine-hacking-russia.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/22/hackers-try-to-steal-covid-vaccine-secrets-in-intellectual-property-war

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2020-12-15/covid-19-coronavirus-the-hackers-targeting-vaccine-researchers/12974504

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/07/16/chinese-researchers-stripped-security-clearance-canada-lab-deadly/

Proved nothing. All were mere insinuations and opinions, which surprisingly nowadays are often considered by the clueless to be "evidence".

Inactivated vaccine technology used by Sinopharm and Sinovac is such an old tech, nearly a century old, you really think China couldn't make them themselves and still needed to steal the knowhow to make them? Don't forget, none of the Western vaccine candidates are inactivated vaccines.