Gym with fans over Treadmills - Strange topic but explained below

atpeace

99% just don't see the need but for me it is a necessity regardless of the AC temp.  Coco's Gym has a  large mobile fan but only one which obviously is an issue.  During a fast run without a fan, I'm splashing each footstep after 30 minutes.  Probably end up back at Coco but would be great if someone knew of a better setup.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, treetops said:

Run slower or stop after 25 minutes?

Yes and no. I would not sweat as much but 25 minutes would hurt not help my fitness.  My marathon times would be 45 minutes slower after a few months of 25 minute runs.  It is not only a Thailand issue. Gyms in most counties are not setup for hard long treadmill runs. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

I have the same problem, so I went and bought a fan, took it to the gym and left it there. The manager understands that anyone can use it, but it's mine. This is the second fan, the first one lasted about 3 years.

Not a bad idea. Look for a gym with good treadmills and ask if I could leave a fan.  Gyms now are probably more accommodating.  

• Haha 1

I agree with you ! all gyms are managed by idiots who do not even understand that if there was more fans, we would not need more aircon.

how can someone be so stupid to not understand this ?

I have NEVER found any gym in Thailand with enough fans for all cardio machines, and even after telling owners / managers, nothing ever changed.

What a bunch of low IQ people !

On 3/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, ramrod711 said:

I have the same problem, so I went and bought a fan, took it to the gym and left it there. The manager understands that anyone can use it, but it's mine. This is the second fan, the first one lasted about 3 years.

and what happens if you arrive at the gym and another customer is using your fan. Do you take it away from them whilst in mid use? ha ha

Dear atpeace, I can't help with the fan, but will give you moral support. I'm one of those guys that sweat a lot, too, and it doesn't take me 25 minutes. My pours open about 3-5 minutes into it and don't stop for a long time after. Some people just need the heat moved away from them ASAP or they drench the place. Good luck with your fan solution. I have to put one on me here in the house when on the treadmill or elliptical machine and the temperature at 23C (when I use one (laughing, rolling emoji)).

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, ramrod711 said:

Very old school.  Why not get a handheld fan, though the arm holding it might get huge (unless you keep switching hands)

On 2/24/2021 at 8:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

I am sure many people have done them in person.

What address did you use on your online report. If you used Chonburi that is the office you need to check with since they would have records of your previous report and might have a record of you recent online report.

9 hours ago, neytil said:

Very old school.  Why not get a handheld fan, though the arm holding it might get huge (unless you keep switching hands)

Doesn't help much and at best gives you an extra few minutes.  Hard to relate to how hot you get running hard workouts.  Your body throws off heat and moisture and without airflow it gets worse every minute.  Also some sweat more than others but run at 18 kilometers and hour for 25 minutes.  Even non sweaters will drench a treadmill.