Bangkok Bank customers can now withdraw money at 7-Eleven

webfact

7-E.jpg
FILE PHOTO for reference only

Bangkok Bank has expanded the range of services it offers to customers in Thailand.

The bank has announced that its money withdrawal service is now available at all 12,500 branches of 7-Eleven nationwide.

The bank said the service is available 24/7 and will help to offer convenience to people who live in remote areas or those who use 7-Eleven branches where there are no ATMs, Bangkok Biz News reported.

Customers can withdraw from 100 THB to 5,000 THB per transaction, with a maximum withdrawal limit of 20,000 THB per day.

Customers will be charged 15 THB per transaction.

The withdrawals are made via Bangkok Bank’s mobile banking app, with the cash then collected from 7-Eleven.

Presumably, the customer will specify the withdrawal amount using the app and then either scan or present a QR code to the 7-Eleven staffer who will give them the cash. Anyone using the service will need to present a photo ID. 

Bangkok Bank also offers a deposit service at 7-Eleven.

Customers can deposit between 100 THB and 30,000 THB per transaction, up to 100,000 THB  per day.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-16

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Why? There are ATMs outside nearly every 7-11.

The bank said the service is available 24/7 and will help to offer convenience to people who live in remote areas or those who use 7-Eleven branches where there are no ATMs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

For some people, a sense of security.

Thailand is relatively free from the high levels of ATM crime in Europe, but that could change quite rapidly. I can tell you that, at the level of regular consumers, the economy is noticeably starting to falter.

1 hour ago, LennyW said:

The bank said the service is available 24/7 and will help to offer convenience to people who live in remote areas or those who use 7-Eleven branches where there are no ATMs

My guess is that 95% of 7-11s have ATMs which also has 24 hour service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

There are three 7 Elevens within 200 meters of my house. One, the closest, has no ATM. Another, across the highway, has a Bangkok Bank ATM that sometimes is offline. The third, across the highway and longest distance away has SCB. In an emergency I might use this. But I can't see too many regular people ready to pass out 15 baht per transaction. 

1 hour ago, poskat said:

great...yet another source of confusion to increase the waiting time in line

Especially as they never have change for 100 Baht in the till. They always have to get it from the little box below and that takes time. 

Initially it sounded grat, but...

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Customers will be charged 15 THB per transaction.

Another money maker for 7-Eleven and a way to move us towards the cashless society.

I might be old-fashioned, but I prefers to use cash for my daily needs and smaller shoppings. It's like you (hmm, I) don't spend more than you have in your pocket, and it's easy to plan how much you can cash out in average per day, so you still have some assets left for the last week or two of the month.

But always look at the bright side of life: It's good healthy exercise to walk to a Bangkok Bank ATM, and save 15 baht at the same time...????☺️

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

Initially it sounded grat, but...

Another money maker for 7-Eleven and a way to move us towards the cashless society.

I might be old-fashioned, but I prefers to use cash for my daily needs and smaller shoppings. It's like you (hmm, I) don't spend more than you have in your pocket, and it's easy to plan how much you can cash out in average per day, so you still have some assets left for the last week or two of the month.

But always look at the bright side of life: It's good healthy exercise to walk to a Bangkok Bank ATM, and save 15 baht at the same time...????☺️

You may end up walking several kilometers or from one small town to the next in the rural Areas or even make that a long walk to in front of the nearest Givernment hospital. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Not everybody live close "soi cowboy"! In our village home has closest ATM 16 kilometer away but closest 7-11 4 kilometer!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

But I can't see too many regular people ready to pass out 15 baht per transaction. 

15bt for 5000 in cash comes to a fee of .3%. Not too much for 'regular' people in need of cash, me thinks. Irregular people -- maybe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

My thought too.

And the described procedure with the app is identical to the "cardless withdrawal" which costs no fee at Bangkok Bank ATMs. Taking into account that four card withdrawals per month at other banks ATMs (same region) are free, I wonder who is attracted to pay 15 Baht fee at the 7/11 counter.

• Like 1

7-Elevens will now have lots of cash available, that's good news for the slipper-clad robber on his Honda Scoopy waiting to make a withdrawal with his homemade shotgun. Gone are the days of 3,000 baht holdups and a bag of Lay's potato chips.

Wondering if they thought this through...

Nah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

Not everybody live close "soi cowboy"! In our village home has closest ATM 16 kilometer away but closest 7-11 4 kilometer!

Poor you. So you are one of the small minority whose local 7-11 doesn't have an ATM.

You chose to live in the back-of-beyond...............or, was it your wife that did the choosing?

Whatever. It still doesn't make much financial sense for those 7-11s that do have ATMs. Sounds like another money-grubbing scheme by CP where the franchisees don't have a say.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7-11 is hardly a convenience store anymore. Between the bill paying, cooking services, cappuccino making, and banking services it now takes forever to pay for a loaf of bread. ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Not only 7-11's, where I used to live in a rural Isaan town, just along the road from the 7-11 at a PTT station with its Bangkok Bank ATM was a Tesco Extra also with a Bangkok Bank ATM.

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Poor you. So you are one of the small minority whose local 7-11 doesn't have an ATM.

You chose to live in the back-of-beyond...............or, was it your wife that did the choosing?

Whatever. It still doesn't make much financial sense for those 7-11s that do have ATMs. Sounds like another money-grubbing scheme by CP where the franchisees don't have a say.

Some of us have 2 house ! One in city and when polution get bad we go coundry side! But people live like they want or how much they have! 

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

So withdrawing cash from 7-11 is a move towards cashless society.

My brain is small. Please explain in detail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, oznomad said:

So withdrawing cash from 7-11 is a move towards cashless society.

My brain is small. Please explain in detail.

15 baht fee, as it appeared in the post that you only quoted part off; for example if you cash 100 baht and pay 15 baht in fee...????

• Sad 1