Cycling accident

bluesofa

9 minutes ago, up-country_sinclair said:

I bought a magnetic trainer nearly a decade ago. 

Thai roads are not safe for cyclists.

In Phuket it's ok I did a lot of cycling over the years, we do have a lot of cyclist here maybe people are more aware I used to do some fair distances 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Welcome back Bluesofa, hope you're back in the saddle soon, don't forget the amulet!

His new bike better be taken to the Wat and blessed by a Monk as well as having the Buddha symbol and a sak yant stenciled upon it.  Better safe than sorry......of course YMMV. ???? 

• Haha 1

I wish you a speedy recovery BlueSofa. Every cyclist's worst nightmare. I checked Hwy 22 (around Nong Han Lake). For the record, that road is way outside of my comfort level, even for short distances. I stick strictly to rural roads, and ride very early in the morning, usually 4:30 am start time. Double rear flashing lights and handlebar and helmet front light. Dogs seem to be generally fairly mellow at that hour, and I carry diluted window cleaner to ward off the occasional aggressive dog. Biggest fear is getting a flat tire in the middle of nowhere and having to wait until daybreak before somebody gives me a ride home, but that risk is minor compared to the risk of getting mowed down. Although I occasionally go out at other times during the day and evening, I still believe that the 2-5 am time period is the safest time for cycling in rural Thailand. More here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1081864-2-5-am-the-safest-time-to-ride-in-rural-thailand/

Again, wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Buy a lottery ticket.

The accident was a terrible misfortune but...

You were very lucky to be hit by that lady. She fessed up, paid up and did all that she could to fix you.

You are lucky to be alive.

You are lucky to be on the mend.

Buy that lottery ticket whilst luck is in your life.

Glad that you are recovering.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

On her phone? Don't suppose the police checked.....do you know the time you were hit.......close enough to pin her down......just a thought......I hate phones being used in cars.

If he uses strava, it will show very precisely when he was hit.

• Like 1

I am a bit jealous BS .    A little more than three months ago i was on the local playground playing a lighthearted game ( i am 70 ! ) of basketball with the locals.   A guy i joke around with must have given me a little "nudge"  and next thing i knew i was on the ground in great pain.   Somehow he didn't figure that his being 30 kg heavier than me would send me flying.

So, broken hip for old Rumak,  and a 4 month   recovery maybe similar to that you will be going through.  Very good to hear that you did not suffer more damage than you did,  and being fit DOES make a big difference in recovery .    I am finally walking again unaided and am sure you will be as well ( your age ?) 

oh, the jealous part.    I am pretty sure i would not receive as many get well wishes as you have    haha       Get well !

• Like 2

I ride a few times a week on the rice field roads where the drivers mostly farmers give me lots of room. When a Big truck comes I usually pull off the road.....safer.

Curious, were you wearing a helmet? You said you landed on your back looking at the sky. She must have been really distracted to hit you on the shoulder, probably phone. In the west now they check the persons phone lmmediately to see what they were doing.

Light for Ease and Grace with your healing.