Paul Oakenfold Tonight

alexth

Sorry for not announcing it earlier, I'll be on my way to Narcissus club in Sukhumvit Soi 23, the show starts at 23:00 or something. Any other TV member coming also?

what is 'paul oakenfold'?...I know what 'tottie' is.

He plays the Pan Flute.Number one in the world.

I imagine it was hard for him to attain that number one spot what with all the talented competition....who was the previous number one Pan Flute player anyway?

I imagine it was hard for him to attain that number one spot what with all the talented competition....who was the previous number one Pan Flute player anyway?

Hmm... debateable.. but Pete Tong wasn't bad in his day...

totster :o

Sounds good, I'll happily join in for the shindig.

Do you know the price?

Where exactly is Narcissus on 23 (im at 25) as ive never been before?

Will he be doing covers of Big Ass on the flute?

I have a funny feeling the event was last night..... :o

totster :D

Nice one..just testing you!

Thanks....i never really did work out that 'dates' thingy...since the sundial went out of fashion ive just always been a bit late for stuff...

So, ill have to wait till Oakenfold is back next time...at least the tottie stays put...

Cheers

Nice one..just testing you!

Thanks....i never really did work out that 'dates' thingy...since the sundial went out of fashion ive just always been a bit late for stuff...

So, ill have to wait till Oakenfold is back next time...at least the tottie stays put...

Cheers

oakenfold comes annually and his shows get proressively worse. you want to see a DJ go see claude von stroke tonight at Astra. It will also be the last party at Astra.

TS

I must admit that it wasn't as good as I expected, besides, he only mixed for 3 hours, but the crowd and the atmosphere were great. I'd like to see more Tiesto coming here, Armin, Markus Schultz, but it seems they don't really enjoy mixing at hours they usually wake up. I can't imagine bringing a DJ like Armin van Buuren here and telling him to get his stuff together and stop at 2 am, even though, last night, it was 4 am and they were still going :o:D

Probably Paul van dyke. :o

I didn't rate Oakenfold when he played at "Ziggies" in Streatham in the 90's :o

But plenty of other people did... :D

I don't know why he's still "working"...I bet he's got a few bob...That "Big Brother" theme tune alone must have made him millions :D

And as for Turnmills...haven't been there for a few years for "The Gallery"...and years before that a club run by Robert Pereno...Now there was some totty there! :D

RAZZ

I must admit that it wasn't as good as I expected, besides, he only mixed for 3 hours, but the crowd and the atmosphere were great. I'd like to see more Tiesto coming here, Armin, Markus Schultz, but it seems they don't really enjoy mixing at hours they usually wake up. I can't imagine bringing a DJ like Armin van Buuren here and telling him to get his stuff together and stop at 2 am, even though, last night, it was 4 am and they were still going :D:D

Oaky likes Narcissus...it's now placed in his calendar annually it seems. Still the biggest and best venue for any big-name DJ with a crystal clear sound system like that Ministry etc. need to learn from. A lot of artificial substances around in my observation. (Bed's white room also has an excellent sound system with those B&W pods).

I'm also waiting for Tiesto, Van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Above & Beyond, Marco V etc. to make an appearance. Maybe the "new Astra" on Sri Ayutthaya will take the plunge, if not I'd even consider heading to Singapore or KL (although the atmosphere in BKK's gotta be better). I'm quite p**sed off not to be able to get streams from UK's friday night Radio 1 and Kiss101 (Big Al) show over here :o

Definitely about time the Thai youth realised how much better some happy, uplifting, quality house/trance can be than the commercial hip-hop trash that's got itself a following of chav lookalikes. :D

Definitely about time the Thai youth realised how much better some happy, uplifting, quality house/trance can be than the commercial hip-hop trash that's got itself a following of chav lookalikes. :o

Good call.

I am surprised to see that there are so many club go-ers here in Thailand, lets face it the club life sucks compared to back home. Do any of the clubs that you guya are talking about have a dancefloor with no tables?

Would anyone be interested in getting a few of us together and going meeting up at a decent club night sometime soon?

If enough people are up for it, I'll organise it.

Definitely about time the Thai youth realised how much better some happy, uplifting, quality house/trance can be than the commercial hip-hop trash that's got itself a following of chav lookalikes. :o

Good call.

I am surprised to see that there are so many club go-ers here in Thailand, lets face it the club life sucks compared to back home. Do any of the clubs that you guya are talking about have a dancefloor with no tables?

Would anyone be interested in getting a few of us together and going meeting up at a decent club night sometime soon?

U planning to bring DJ Tiesto over? If so, I'm in :D

Good call.

I actually enjoy the clubbing in Asia much more than in the UK. More interesting, friendly people and nicer looking venues. Plus no idiot bouncers, boy/girl door policies and expensive taxis home in the cold. One of the best nights was Sonique enjoying herself playing the club at the Hilton KL when I was on a visa run a few months back - brilliant! Clubs with no tables taking up space on the dancefloor include Bed, Qbar, Narcissus, Met. I'm definitely up for a night out when a decent DJ comes this way.

By the way, current top 4 tunes on the ipod making me smile like a looney tune when I'm on the MRT:

1. Tiesto - in the dark

2. Armin Van Buuren - love comes again

3. Above & Beyond - air for life

4. Royksopp - what else is there? (remix)

I thought love comes again was tiesto?? Anyway its great.. and I too am currently listening to Royksopp "what else is there" trentemoller remix pretty much on the hour every hour.. should be fed up with it by now but apparantly not!

Also loving Sander van doorn, great mixes on his website. Also, I can get the essential mix stream as a download, pm me if you dont already know how.

oakenfold comes annually and his shows get proressively worse. you want to see a DJ go see claude von stroke tonight at Astra. It will also be the last party at Astra.

Why, is Astra closing down or is it just stopping these big special nights? If it's closing, It's a shame, as it's just about the only place in Bangkok that plays decent music and regularly gets in proper DJs.

Why, is Astra closing down or is it just stopping these big special nights? If it's closing, It's a shame, as it's just about the only place in Bangkok that plays decent music and regularly gets in proper DJs.

I think Astra it's closing down and they opened Club Culture, I heard that there are the same owners.