After fiery start, U.S. officials conclude 'tough' talks with China in Alaska

rooster59

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

Give it time.  The Big Guy hasn't really done anything yet.  Except fall down, forget words, and have his name show up on T-shirts traveling north..

So far there is a structured approach to the issues, which is a nice change. I don't agree with all, but at least there is a plan.

• Like 1

Simplistically - the CCP/China is a bully. We all know deep down how a Bully must eventually be handled.

1)  Allow the Bully to do it and accept the inevitable and recurring "wedgie" with ridicule.

2) Deflect / Bribe / Hide / and run away where possible - until you get caught out as in 1) above.

3) Stand up to the Bully and draw a line. There may be many bruises.....

ASEAN is sleepwalking into CCP control.  The only country that the CCP is actually afraid of is Vietnam. History taught them that Vietnam will stand up to them. (and the USA)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

So far there is a structured approach to the issues, which is a nice change. I don't agree with all, but at least there is a plan.

I hope you're right, but the "plan" of every administration before the last one was to lay down and let China violate every agreement they signed onto.  Repub and Dem administrations alike, each as bad as the other.

I have never been a fan of The Donald.  But he got China right.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Most where you are maybe, but they are in the minority. I live 15kms from the Myanmar border, and there are more Myanmar people here than Thai, and they ALL call it Myanmar and have NEVER called it Burma. Even the local hill tribe people refer to it as Myanmar. You will most likely find that the Myanmar friends you have are referring to Mynamar under the old dialect name of Bama, and it just sounds like Burma.

No, they call it burma

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, impulse said:

Give it time.  The Big Guy hasn't really done anything yet.  Except fall down, forget words, and have his name show up on T-shirts traveling north..

Pass the $1.9 trillion covid relief bill, send two carrier strike groups for exercises in the South China Sea, undo a lot of Trump executive orders...

8 hours ago, impulse said:

I hope you're right, but the "plan" of every administration before the last one was to lay down and let China violate every agreement they signed onto.  Repub and Dem administrations alike, each as bad as the other.

I have never been a fan of The Donald.  But he got China right.

How did Trump get China right?  Do you think the tariffs paid for by US consumers, farmers being shut out of the Chinese market, and abandoning leadership on trade deals that could have contained China were the right things to do?

Don't listen to the noise Trump makes, look at what he actually did or did not accomplish.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Imagine the World if the USA became isolationist. She has told China, and Russia, stay out of North America - but the rest of the world is yours to do with as you wish.

The USA haters, the EU Anti-Trumpers, et al will soon learn that their Leftist ideologies will not save them. Eventually, they will be begging the USA for help.

The aforementioned powers are not run by simpletons; consequently, they will not do anything similar to the "Bombing of Pearl Harbor", but they will test Biden because he is viewed as a weakling who gained power by indoctrinating the American public with repetitive lies.

Biden reminds me of Neville Chamberlain. He thinks that if we appease China, Russia, and the Mullahs, then all will be fine. Perhaps of greater concern is that there are no longer any Churchillian figures in the USA. Trump undid Obama's appeasement of Russia and China - and look what the Far Left did to him.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-hanson-china-russia-us-triangle-1011-20181010-story.html

In what way has Biden appeased China, Russia, or any other hostile country?  How does he resemble Neville Chamberlain?

If anyone, it is Trump who resembled Chamberlain.  Chamberlain allowed Hitler to occupy the Sudetenland and then Czechoslovakia,   Trump allowed Turkey to occupy land held by our Kurdish allies in Syria.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess you've never heard of the S400 missile system purely developed for defending.

To wonder why they developed it is not rocket science excuse the pun. ????

It is an anti-aircraft system based on 1990's technology. 

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah why not google the Russian S400 missile system bought buy Turkey no less which was being objected to by the US of course.

Turkey don't wanna buy out of date US stuff. 

Not just the US, all of NATO besides Turkey objected to the purchase of an anti-aircraft system that is not compatible with the rest of NATO's defense systems.  Turkey bought it as a political statement, not because it is superior to western systems.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

you better get allied with Russia then. With China going to the moon with them you could be up ***** creek without a sickle. Though Boris is talking about nuking up a few weapons so you may be saved lol..

Wow!  Russia and China together might be able to do what the US did more than 50 years ago.

55 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you have a problem with google?  If not. you should be able to reference credible sources to support your questionable claims.  Assuming such sources exist.

This is getting a bit off topic so best mention China has S400 system and also have a quite efficient one themselves. 

No I do not have a problem with google it's a good source of info for anyone to look up, if anyone question claims. 

Missile Systems do get serviced and minor development while in service until a more advanced one is developed.

Sources still rate S400 system No.1. and the S500 is on it's way. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

This is getting a bit off topic so best mention China has S400 system and also have a quite efficient one themselves. 

No I do not have a problem with google it's a good source of info for anyone to look up, if anyone question claims. 

Missile Systems do get serviced and minor development while in service until a more advanced one is developed.

Well, you hard hitting facts, links to impeccable sources and eloquent arguments have totally convince me you're right - Russia is way ahead. Here's more proof!:

Star Wars fans build Mandalorian spaceship in Siberia

sw.JPG

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, codemonkey said:

More like sending a strong message to biden that CN has zero respect for him and his admin....ZERO respect. China smells blood now as does Putin. They are making a joke of Biden! It's humiliating for America

Well isn't it refreshing to have a President that doesn't do the job for them.

33 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You claim you don't have a problem with google yet you still haven't provided a source for any of your claims.  Specifically, you have repeatedly posted that the S400 is superior to any US system and repeatedly ignored all requests and challenges to justify your claim.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, codemonkey said:

More like sending a strong message to biden that CN has zero respect for him and his admin....ZERO respect. China smells blood now as does Putin. They are making a joke of Biden! It's humiliating for America

More claims completely unsupported by facts.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

<snip>No I do not have a problem with google it's a good source of info for anyone to look up, if anyone question claims. <snip>

Nice attempt at deflection. The one making the claims should proof them, not the other way round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1