Hard to find a restaurant in our city that doesn't play annoying loud music

jack71

On 3/20/2021 at 1:39 PM, jack71 said:

duh..... Im not asking for alternative restaurants. Please read the thread again

what I do is tell the staff I'm sorry but I don't want to dine there because of the unpleasant noise and take my business elsewhere. sorted.

On 3/20/2021 at 5:46 AM, jack71 said:

What is it about Thais and their obsession with noise. Or are they oblivious to the noise??  Dont they understand that some people want to relax in peace and quiet?

It's a cultural gap between Thais and elder farangs; I've seen many young farangs enjoying dinner at beach party restautrants with extremely loud music, but my mature farangs friends can't stand it and head for some other quiet place (me too, I also prefers soft real dinner music or no noise)...????

If Thais hate loud music the restaurants playing loud music would be empty, and soon stop playing it; it's business, so they just do what the customers want.

Reminds of a cute little Thai lady that said to me: "Khun Per, there are so much you don't understand about Thailand"...????

I eat at a restaurant every day and I never had any problem finding quiet restaurants. There are plenty of them all over the place.

It's not fair to the restaurants complaining about loud music. That's how they run their business. If they've been around for quite sometime and still in business during this time, obviously they are doing something right, and there are customers who like loud music keep coming in. If you don't like it, it's not right place for you and should go else where. Those restaurant owners shouldn't change anything just to satisfy a few customers and risk losing rest of their regular customers.

• Like 1

Jack71 ... a worthy post that gets my sympathies ..... (been there\done that, matey)

But you do realise that sentiments like yours means that you leave yourself wide open to (some of) the 'sarky saddos' who come on here with their only agenda of posting a provocative sarcastic reply that adds nothing of any worth to a conversation.

We all know who you are - lolololol    

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

It's a cultural gap between Thais and elder farangs; I've seen many young farangs enjoying dinner at beach party restautrants with extremely loud music, but my mature farangs friends can't stand it and head for some other quiet place (me too, I also prefers soft real dinner music or no noise)...????

If Thais hate loud music the restaurants playing loud music would be empty, and soon stop playing it; it's business, so they just do what the customers want.

Reminds of a cute little Thai lady that said to me: "Khun Per, there are so much you don't understand about Thailand"...????

The soft dinner music can be a problem for me in the tourist areas.. there was one tape of bad covers of bad love songs from the 1970's that seemed to play in all the restaurants  and some hotels.. if not love songs just old shockers like Hotel California. I think most tourists would like some nice thai love songs or even some jaunty issan style music

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

The terrace of the old Soviet Embassy, now called 'The House', next to the W Hotel on Sathorn is the one place that doesn't play annoying loud music. I often do Skype work calls there because of that... expensive though! The price you pay for the sound of silence. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 1:59 PM, Andy from Kent said:

WOW!    Eleven posts in and we already have our first "if you don't like it,  get out of Thailand reply".

You forgot to add  "go back to your home country".????

The man is simply pointing out his unhappiness with  loud  music when he goes out for a nice dinner.    Should he be asked to leave the country over such a trifle matter?

I don’t think that is what the previous poster is saying. I think the message is you lot are whinging about loud music when you go out. It is difficult to imagine a more narcissistic complaint. Stay home and yell insults at the tv.

On 3/20/2021 at 1:59 PM, Andy from Kent said:

WOW!    Eleven posts in and we already have our first "if you don't like it,  get out of Thailand reply".

You forgot to add  "go back to your home country".????

The man is simply pointing out his unhappiness with  loud  music when he goes out for a nice dinner.    Should he be asked to leave the country over such a trifle matter?

' Stop behaving like a custard '    ' Behaving like a custard ?'   Yes getting upset over a trifle.

I'm sorry I'll read that again ...........circa 1968.  Radio 2 BBC.

4 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

The soft dinner music can be a problem for me in the tourist areas.. there was one tape of bad covers of bad love songs from the 1970's that seemed to play in all the restaurants  and some hotels.. if not love songs just old shockers like Hotel California. I think most tourists would like some nice thai love songs or even some jaunty issan style music

Agree, pop tapes are often awful dinner entertainment. When I mention "dinner music" I mean something more anonymous, in the West like soft piano, sometimes piano and violin – in Europe it's called "salon music" – and here preferably oriental instruments, which could be taped/recorded in low volume, having the benefit of a fairly constant sound level so it works well when played at low volume, but preferably live...

wP4151010_Dinner-music.jpg.12007f2c5ba7d6417994b6e978635cb5.jpg

• Like 1