UPDATED ASQ Hotel List for 10 day quarantine

Is anyone able to provide me with an updated list of CHEAPEST hotels to quantine in - in Bangkok or even Chiang Mai since these places are cheaper than Phuket

I say 10 days as although the law has changed from the 1st April I have been unable to find any Package deals for the new 10 day rule.

Anyone else had any luck?

Thank you, any help/info much appreciated

• Haha 1

Indeed, no law has changed yet it appears. I have a ASQ reservation for the 11th of April and checked with the hotel a few days back. They confirmed no official changes are implemented and as far as they know, the 14 day requirement is still in effect (this is the Movenpick BDMS Wellness resort in BKK). If the requirements change, they will change the reservation. Not holding my breath though...

Edited by mjnaus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Indeed, no law has changed yet it appears. I have a ASQ reservation for the 11th of April and checked with the hotel a few days back. They confirmed no official changes are implemented and as far as they know, the 14 day requirement is still in effect (this is the Movenpick BDMS Wellness resort in BKK). If the requirements change, they will change the reservation. Not holding my breath though...

Do you have information regarding what you can and cannot do while in quarantine at Movenpick?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Do you have information regarding what you can and cannot do while in quarantine at Movenpick?

This is goin to be my second ASQ visit at this place (was there last year October as well) Overall, the experience was pretty good, given the circumstances. Staff was excellent and very helpful (this includes the medical staff as well). Food was pretty good as well; good quality and portions and pretty hot most of the time (with an occasional exception). Main reason I went with Movenpick was the large rooms, combined with large balconies, and I had no regrets there. Room size was 74sqm with separate living room and bed room, two bathrooms. 

What you can and can not do would be pretty much the same as in most other ASQ places I guess; no alcohol (although bags are not checked when checking in, make of that what you will), limited outside food (I believe you can order from the mall next door; however the in-house food service was so good I did not have  desire to order additional food). You can order room server and stuff from the coffee shop. Outdoor time is allowed after the first negative test result (5 days in for me if I remember correctly). Outdoor area is pretty massive, large pool and garden area where you can walk around for 30 minutes a day. They now also allow you to rent fitness equipment in your room (I paid 9k or so for a threadmil for the whole period). Balcony access is allowed from day 0, but with face mask (not really enforced though).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjnaus said:

This is goin to be my second ASQ visit at this place (was there last year October as well) Overall, the experience was pretty good, given the circumstances. Staff was excellent and very helpful (this includes the medical staff as well). Food was pretty good as well; good quality and portions and pretty hot most of the time (with an occasional exception). Main reason I went with Movenpick was the large rooms, combined with large balconies, and I had no regrets there. Room size was 74sqm with separate living room and bed room, two bathrooms. 

What you can and can not do would be pretty much the same as in most other ASQ places I guess; no alcohol (although bags are not checked when checking in, make of that what you will), limited outside food (I believe you can order from the mall next door; however the in-house food service was so good I did not have  desire to order additional food). You can order room server and stuff from the coffee shop. Outdoor time is allowed after the first negative test result (5 days in for me if I remember correctly). Outdoor area is pretty massive, large pool and garden area where you can walk around for 30 minutes a day. They now also allow you to rent fitness equipment in your room (I paid 9k or so for a threadmil for the whole period). Balcony access is allowed from day 0, but with face mask (not really enforced though).

I was looking at it at Agoda and it looked pretty nice. But as I said in another thread , they all look nice in the pictures. 

I am glad to hear from someone who has actually stayed there. It looks like they have a rooftop restaurant, or sitting area. Did you have a chance to visit it?

I read that after April 1st those vaccinated, after three days stay, would have unlimited access to hotel grounds.so  we would like to stray at a place  with nice grounds. Good to hear that you like the

amenities

I did not see where they say anything about a balcony. Do all the rooms have a balcony? . 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I was looking at it at Agoda and it looked pretty nice. But as I said in another thread , they all look nice in the pictures. 

I am glad to hear from someone who has actually stayed there. It looks like they have a rooftop restaurant, or sitting area. Did you have a chance to visit it?

I read that after April 1st those vaccinated, after three days stay, would have unlimited access to hotel grounds.so  we would like to stray at a place  with nice grounds. Good to hear that you like the

amenities

I did not see where they say anything about a balcony. Do all the rooms have a balcony? . 

You might want to double check and make sure you're looking at the right hotel. I believe there's two, maybe three Movenpick places in Bangkok that offer ASQ services. The one we're discussing here is called Movenpick DBMS Wellness Resort. It does not have a rooftop since it is a low-rise building (5 floors if I am not mistaken). Before it became the BDMS Wellness Resort, it was a Swissotel and before that the Hilton (going way back).

This being an older hotel (although recently completely renovated, so it feels new), it has a pretty big garden considering it's located in central BKK (close to Wireless Road) and yes, the hotel grounds are very nice, and big enough to stroll around for half an hour every day. 

Every room in this hotel has a balcony, including the smaller rooms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

You might want to double check and make sure you're looking at the right hotel. I believe there's two, maybe three Movenpick places in Bangkok that offer ASQ services. The one we're discussing here is called Movenpick DBMS Wellness Resort. It does not have a rooftop since it is a low-rise building (5 floors if I am not mistaken). Before it became the BDMS Wellness Resort, it was a Swissotel and before that the Hilton (going way back).

This being an older hotel (although recently completely renovated, so it feels new), it has a pretty big garden considering it's located in central BKK (close to Wireless Road) and yes, the hotel grounds are very nice, and big enough to stroll around for half an hour every day. 

Every room in this hotel has a balcony, including the smaller rooms. 

Thank you soo much. I did not know that , about the MovenPick , 

I will go to Agoda and check it out.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mjnaus said:

Did you read the "review" by Kai Lewis on your ASQ hotel today on facebook group "ASQ in Thailand"? He claims that hotel is a nightmare. I dare not post it here, because you know why.

1 hour ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Did you read the "review" by Kai Lewis on your ASQ hotel today on facebook group "ASQ in Thailand"? He claims that hotel is a nightmare. I dare not post it here, because you know why.

Nope, haven't read it. Just did a quick search in the FB group but couldn't find a single negative review about the BDMS Wellness Resort. Perhaps it's about a different place? Did a quick search on Google as well and was not able to find anything negative. Anyhow, a single negative review wouldn't bother me. Especially since I have already done my ASQ at this resort last year and there's tons and tons of 4/5 star reviews to be found. 

My girlfriend was staying in Fraser Suites, it was 52k for a studio (bigger than normal room, with kitchen & washing machine) AND balcony... Food was amazing (each meal 4, yep FOUR different cuisines choice, crazy!) and meal sizes were so big that after first few days she was begging them to stop bringing dinners lol ????

Edited by sallecc
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mjnaus said:

I have a ASQ reservation at Marriott for April 7 and have been vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. The hotel told me no official paperwork has been completed changing the ASQ quarantine days.  They will let me know when they know. If the quarantine goes to 7 days I am coming to Thailand. If it stays at 14 I am backing out and will come when the quarantine is less restrictive. I don’t have family or other commitments in Thailand but I would like to move back there after being away for a year. ????

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sdweller said:

10 day packages ARE out for some of the hotels now.... not all have listed the 10 night package but when you ask most will give you new rates

Any idea of the requirements for a 10day package. Meaning vaccination etc etc.

Or is it a simple across the board change from 14 to 10 or a wet dream.

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Clearly don't pack your bags. 

Yes there does seem to be some confusion over the “quarantine plan”. I don’t know a lot of guys my age that are vaccinated and willing to do the 14 day quarantine unless they really need to get back to Thailand.

Whatever Thailand decides is ok with me as the rest of the world is opening up to vaccinated people who can afford the choice of what they are willing to do. Airlines are allowing changes easily and quickly and I lose a hundred bucks to back out of the Marriott.  Not a big deal. Personally I am not willing to go to hotel jail for 15 nights anywhere in the world. 

• Like 1

We have to have a negative swab test no more than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight to Thailand.  We also have to have a COE..."Certficate of Entry"...which we get through the Thai Consulate here in Atlanta. We can enter on a tourist visa, which will give us 30 days and then we can extend for another 30 days.  We're getting a long-term visa & COE however.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sdweller said:

We also have to have a COE..."Certficate of Entry"...which we get through the Thai Consulate here in Atlanta. We can enter on a tourist visa, which will give us 30 days and then we can extend for another 30 days.  We're getting a long-term visa & COE however.

You will apply for the certificate of entry at the Thai embassy in Washington DC or one of the official consulates in NY, Chicago or LA. The Atlanta consulate is a honorary consulate. If you are in Atlanta you will apply at the embassy.

Application for the COE is done online. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

A tourist visa allows a 60 day entry. You can enter visa exempt and get a 45 day entry at this time that can be extended for 30 days.

More info can be found here on the embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

1 hour ago, sdweller said:

We have to have a negative swab test no more than 72 hours prior to boarding the flight to Thailand.  We also have to have a COE..."Certficate of Entry"...which we get through the Thai Consulate here in Atlanta. We can enter on a tourist visa, which will give us 30 days and then we can extend for another 30 days.  We're getting a long-term visa & COE however.

You have to get the test result within 72 hours of departure not the test. 

The visa exempt entry is 45 days with a 30 day extension now, not 30 days. 

If you check the embassy or consulate website you will find the correct information for your trip, including approved airlines and the link to the ASQ hotels 

On 3/21/2021 at 11:11 AM, lpw997 said:

Ok thanks, how much did you pay for the Movenpick BDMS Wellness resort I cannot find any information on their site about asq quarantine package

If you check the embassy or consulate website you will find the all the correct information for your trip, including approved airlines and the link to the ASQ hotels. As soon as hotels receive guidance from the government the updates will be posted. 

11 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Are they eligible for 60 days Covid extension after that? (or another 30 days extension?)

Another 30 day extension is not allowed. If still available they could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

On 3/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, ubonjoe said:

Another 30 day extension is not allowed. If still available they could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

Are there any reports of people getting 60d Covid extension after 1st 30d extension? (visa exempt or SETV)?

I only saw couple of those who tried to do 60d Covid ext., but I/O refused and gave 30d ext. instead (and suggested they need extra docs for next extension)

Frankurt royal ambassy told me yesterday, no plan for Chiang Mai quarantine , cause from europe no direct flight to CM.  10 days relieved quarantine not xet decided by authorities, as fare as the now in Frankfurt. No 10-days package offered upt o now. ???? Travellers have to arrive and go straight in their Hotel to quarantine. only 3 monthes, when i askked für option to extend they say if local thai immigration agrees. Has anybody better information?