EU blames AstraZeneca as vaccine battle with UK deepens

webfact

On 3/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, Hi from France said:

we need to debate on facts not propaganda, so yes: sources are important. The are not "my own" a source is by nature "not me".

For me the best sources are world-class newspapers like the FT ou the guardian: secondary source.

Then you have official source like the EU or the UK government. These are primary sources, but often skewed by said government. The bad example is the current UK national-populist government: as you know Boris Johnson is "economical with the truth" and was sacked for making up fact event before becoming a politician. Frost can be nice and smiling one day and unilaterally break his word the next like he just did with the WA...

vinny: do you really think it's wise sourcing your claims from facts4eu, a coalition of extremist Brexit groups like you did on Monday ? Are you even sure they are not directly supported by Russian interests?

Right now the world is in "vaccine panic" mode: there are fake news everywhere we need to keep calm and discuss/check our informations don't you think?

That remind me of a guy who sent me a pm complaining he had been sacked from the forum for spreading false news about AZ.

Well

I told him that he deserved it ????

3 hours ago, Hi from France said:

I'm not sure this is a real issue

@vinny41 I supposed you had a look a the list of orders on the EU page I shared above? With all these orders already passed can you confirm an additional one makes any difference to start with in an orderbook stuffed until 2022? Looking it up in the Guardian I do not see any coverage of the issue.

any chance it's just a swallow provocation to flatter the readership of this tabloid?

I remember you lately posted dubious data from a fringe brexiteer group.

And I do recall you posting this "a coalition of extremist Brexit groups like you did on Monday ? Are you even sure they are not directly supported by Russian interests?"

And its strange when I asked you to provide evidence to support your posts , you haven't provided a single piece of evidence although I have noticed that your no longer calling them a coalition of extremist Brexit groups  and now refer them to a fringe brexiteer group

One of your European colleagues posts virtually everyday with links from the Daily Express and its not a problem if a European posts a link from the Daily Express, it only appears to be a issue with you if a Brit posts a link from the Daily Express funny that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hi from France said:

I have no doubt you're a decent person, but I'm just making a point about what we currently think of the British government declaration

I do not think that in the short term, will be any vaccine coming your way from the EU plants, whatever demands the UK makes.

Unless the UK is in a position to blackmail us, I mean. Which remains open for discussion

I take it you mean if the UK acts in similar manner to the EU and stops the exports of any vaccine  components to the EU 

Its called a mexican standoff  is a confrontation in which no strategy exists that allows any party to achieve victory. Any party initiating aggression might trigger its own demise

EU export chaos: Italy blocks meningitis vaccine shipment –fears they're secret Covid jabs

ITALY's border force is holding up a shipment of meningitis vaccine destined for the US and produced by a British firm amid fears it could be disguised as a coronavirus jab, according to reports, as relations between the UK and Brussels remain on the brink.

Freight worth an estimated £7.2million ($10million) has been held by customs agents at an airport in Rome, Bloomberg reports. The medicine produced by British manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline is understood to have been held in the capital for around a week while it awaits testing.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1416609/EU-export-vaccine-news-Italy-meningitis-vaccine-shipment-GlaxoSmithKline-blocked-US-Covid

And a Bloomberg link for all the doubting Thomases out there

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-29/eu-s-covid-vaccine-export-curbs-ensnare-other-shots-in-italy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

The law in the EU may permit such bans or it may not - I have no idea. 

As shared here multiple times it's article 122, I suppose it is like the Internal Market Bill, it is simple yet you cannot take it into account

..  no matter how many times we remind you of a very very basic event or fact

Is that why they resorted to export bans -

Article 122 cannot be challenged and is immediate

court action takes years. Right now, we are in the crisis of the century and we have a parasitic country which we just got out of the woods at our expense and is not even saying thank you. 

All this is set against a background of late approvals, temporary bans and generally bad PR regarding the AZ product by both the EU and senior politicians of EU member states 

Do you read this thread? Count how many times we have mentioned that the USA contested AZ data and has not authorised its use? 

Did you read Canada just banned the AZ for 55-? It's just a few post above? 

So it's not the EU, some of the EU countries did not even stop the AZ jab (and I believe they were right), some suspended 72h and started again, some are still suspending. Including Sweden I think, the home country of AstraZeneca. 

And our EU brethren

In this situation the UK is more a parasite than a brother, but I'm not sure you factored that in. 

The UK has sucked 21 million vaccine produced by the EU (a few AZ but Pfizer mainly). 

And they would like some more Europeans to die, just because it is the way the current UK government behaves. 

Ironically, I think that if the situation was reversed and the EU was at almost zero dead, we would probably help the UK. 

I'm not sure you realise how much of the "bad guys in the story" you are at the moment. 

For the sake of its people, I really hope the EU sorts out its vaccine rollout out as soon as possble

No problem, we have a very simple solution:

E.U. Will Curb Covid Vaccine Exports for 6 Weeks https://nyti.ms/3cbYaZb

You can quote me and deny any or all that I've said, 

I'm not sure I can "deny" something you just wrote, but I can deny what I said... 

.. or deny my signature on a treaty if I'm the UK ????

I won't be replying to any further posts.

If you have useful information to share, I think everyone here will still welcome your contribution. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

As shared here multiple times it's article 122, I suppose it is like the Internal Market Bill, it is simple yet you cannot take it into account

..  no matter how many times we remind you of a very very basic event or fact

Article 122 cannot be challenged and is immediate

court action takes years. Right now, we are in the crisis of the century and we have a parasitic country which we just got out of the woods at our expense and is not even saying thank you. 

Do you read this thread? Count how many times we have mentioned that the USA contested AZ data and has not authorised its use? 

Did you read Canada just banned the AZ for 55-? It's just a few post above? 

So it's not the EU, some of the EU countries did not even stop the AZ jab (and I believe they were right), some suspended 72h and started again, some are still suspending. Including Sweden I think, the home country of AstraZeneca. 

In this situation the UK is more a parasite than a brother, but I'm not sure you factored that in. 

The UK has sucked 21 million vaccine produced by the EU (a few AZ but Pfizer mainly). 

And they would like some more Europeans to die, just because it is the way the current UK government behaves. 

Ironically, I think that if the situation was reversed and the EU was at almost zero dead, we would probably help the UK. 

I'm not sure you realise how much of the "bad guys in the story" you are at the moment. 

No problem, we have a very simple solution:

E.U. Will Curb Covid Vaccine Exports for 6 Weeks https://nyti.ms/3cbYaZb

I'm not sure I can "deny" something you just wrote, but I can deny what I said... 

.. or deny my signature on a treaty if I'm the UK ????

If you have useful information to share, I think everyone here will still welcome your contribution. 

More nonsensical vitriol from across the English Channel. Its never worried us in the last 800 years and we're not worried now. Keep it up, you're just peeing in the wind.

At least your last "midget in charge" stood up to us and we rewarded him with a nice little island for his retirement. That's the British way magnanimous in victory, shame the French can't be as magnanimous in defeat. Your current "midget in charge" can't even face us he just hides behind his boss Merkel's skirt.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

How to qualify an entity that takes without giving anything ?
Nothing to do with "your dwarf in charge, hidden behind the skirts, pissing in the wind"

Songe, if you want a civil debate. Parasite if you want a reaction

8 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

You can quote me and deny any or all that I've said, ask me stupid questions on things I've already answered or downright deny the EU is at fault.  Instead of burying your head in the sand and blaming the EU

That of course should say 'blaming the UK'........ it was late ????.

13 hours ago, Hi from France said:

I'd say the contribution is interesting (it'd be better not to have a tabloid for a main source, though), but should be transferred to the "brexit/city of London" thread, preferably before the moderation wipes it out.

Even when brexit/city of london tread wiped out ...it will resurface by first occasion when  another contingent of financials cross over to Amsterdam Franfurt or Paris .....????

Edited by david555

60 million Novavax

The Prime minister said a deal had been agreed with GlaxoSmithKline to bottle 60 million doses at its facility in Barnard Castle. 

The original plan was for this to be done in Europe.  BBC report.

Novavax is 86% effective against Kent strain

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, david555 said:

Even when brexit/city of london tread wiped out ...it will resurface by first occasion when  another contingent of financials cross over to Amsterdam Franfurt or Paris .....????

This reminds me of all the horror stories of the last years since Brexit started.

Hords of big companies and the banking sector would migrate to the EU and so on.

Did it happen since? No. But one day in the future it surely will?

OK, but until then I bet on perfidious Albion's Pound. From the profits I'll buy care packages and send them to your suffering people, when doomsday comes. ????

8 hours ago, Hi from France said:

- The UK has fully vaccinated (2 jabs) around 5% of the population. That puts them 14th on the list of fully vaccinated citizens per population across Europe. 

- The UK has received around 10 million (not 21 million) doses of vaccine from companies who manufactured the vaccines in EU countries (not produced by the EU as you say). 

- The EU was slow to negotiate deals with the pharma companies, and ended up with weak deal terms. 

- The EU was slow to approve Covid vaccines giving the UK a big head start in vaccinations. 

- Some EU countries paused rollout of AZ vaccines (including France who flip-flopped by banning it for older people, then banning it for younger people!).

- This flip-flopping caused reluctance among citizens, with a third of Germans and only 23% of French people happy to take the AZ vaccine. 

- Meanwhile the UK just cracked on and rolled both vaccines out across the nation. 

- And by the way, Germany placed a side order of 30 million Pfizer Biontech vaccines in a side deal which contradicts the bloc's deal - but you seem to be ok about that. 

I think you need to tone down the anti UK rhetoric. I understand your frustration, and we all want the whole of Europe vaccinated as quickly as possible. But blaming the UK all the time is not doing anyone any good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

- The UK has fully vaccinated (2 jabs) around 5% of the population. That puts them 14th on the list of fully vaccinated citizens per population across Europe. 

- The UK has received around 10 million (not 21 million) doses of vaccine from companies who manufactured the vaccines in EU countries (not produced by the EU as you say). 

- The EU was slow to negotiate deals with the pharma companies, and ended up with weak deal terms. 

- The EU was slow to approve Covid vaccines giving the UK a big head start in vaccinations. 

- Some EU countries paused rollout of AZ vaccines (including France who flip-flopped by banning it for older people, then banning it for younger people!).

- This flip-flopping caused reluctance among citizens, with a third of Germans and only 23% of French people happy to take the AZ vaccine. 

- Meanwhile the UK just cracked on and rolled both vaccines out across the nation. 

- And by the way, Germany placed a side order of 30 million Pfizer Biotech vaccines in a side deal which contradicts the bloc's deal - but you seem to be ok about that. 

most of these info seem right to me, though there are some points we could either check (for the data) or discuss (for the interpretation)

for example 

The EU was slow to negotiate deals

As you know the EU signed its AZ deal before the UK

The EU was slow to approve

still the EU approved all covid vaccine before 95% of the countries in the world, why do you call that "slow".

The USA has still not approved the AZ how do you call them?

Canada took exactly the same measure as France did : stop injections for 55 yo or younger. how do you call them?

the truth I think is not that the EU was slow, it's that the UK was lighting fast and took a gamble approving the vaccine despite incomplete data and injecting with a first jab without setting aside the second jab

I think you need to tone down the anti UK rhetoric. I understand your frustration, and we all want the whole of Europe vaccinated as quickly as possible. But blaming the UK all the time is not doing anyone any good. 

why shouldn't we blame the UK? We are in the midst of a pandemic and we send more doses to the UK than we keep for our own

you're talking about 10 millions doses, but the closer we look, the more we discover : this article mention the world sending 30 millions doses to the UK

image.png.6059ae50af48a72302e8aa5124884a4b.png

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/eu-has-exported-more-vaccine-doses-than-have-been-administered-to-its-citizens-1.4520417

what I mean is we saved you at the expense of the lives of our own citizens.

OK the AZ testing is a mess, its one of the worst vaccines available, but first it's not the time to be choosy and second most of the vaccines we have sent to the UK are Pfizer.

Pfizer is German, highly efficient, perfectly tested, with no issues.

So I think we can blame the UK for not even saying "thank you" and now "demanding" that we produce more vaccine for them while they are quite safe and the rest of the world is literally dying.

This is both ungrateful and a parasitic behavior how else should we call this?

Edited by Hi from France
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

This reminds me of all the horror stories of the last years since Brexit started.

Hords of big companies and the banking sector would migrate to the EU and so on.

Did it happen since? No. But one day in the future it surely will?

OK, but until then I bet on perfidious Albion's Pound. From the profits I'll buy care packages and send them to your suffering people, when doomsday comes. ????

So i did not happen ...but anyway now financial companys must ask the blessing from U.K. gov.

......because it did not happened ? .....???? 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1416355/Brexit-news-latest-EU-financial-services-london-firms-brexit-andrew-bailey-equivalence

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

Austria threatens to halt EU’s 100M vaccine buy until it gets greater share of jabs

Austrian wants more than its allotted doses, even though data show it is not among the countries in greatest need

Austria is threatening to block the European Commission from securing another 100 million BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine doses unless Vienna gets a bigger slice of the delivery, according to diplomats from three EU countries.

he fight centers on an upcoming delivery from BioNTech/Pfizer. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/sebastian-kurz-austria-threatens-to-block-eu-option-to-buy-100-million-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-in-fight-over-distribution/

• Like 1

EU humiliation: Investigation into AstraZeneca backfired as company told truth on vaccine

THE EUROPEAN UNION's inspection of an AstraZeneca plant backfired as authorities found the company had told the truth about vaccine shortages.

"The officials went in, then they came out and said 'there is a production problem' – they talked about there being a lack of raw materials."

When asked how the EU reacted to AstraZeneca's claims of short supply, Mr Boffey replied: "Blind fury.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1416856/eu-news-investigation-astrazeneca-company-told-truth-vaccine-uk-spt

70% of the raw materials come from that country that someone described as a Parasite country a country that by right should keep the raw materials for themselves in order to Parasite the label of a  Parasite country

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Austria threatens to halt EU’s 100M vaccine buy until it gets greater share of jabs

Austrian wants more than its allotted doses, even though data show it is not among the countries in greatest need

Austria is threatening to block the European Commission from securing another 100 million BioNTech/Pfizer vaccine doses unless Vienna gets a bigger slice of the delivery, according to diplomats from three EU countries.

https://www.politico.eu/article/sebastian-kurz-austria-threatens-to-block-eu-option-to-buy-100-million-coronavirus-vaccine-doses-in-fight-over-distribution/

An important detail of this story:

"The EU's pro-rata formula gives countries the option to purchase vaccines according to their population size. If a country declines to purchase its full allotment, those doses are made available to others.

Diplomats have said Kurz's push is a cover-up for the fact that Austria didn't initially buy all of the BioNTech/Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson doses made available to it under the pro-rata allocation."

7 minutes ago, candide said:

An important detail of this story:

"The EU's pro-rata formula gives countries the option to purchase vaccines according to their population size. If a country declines to purchase its full allotment, those doses are made available to others.

Diplomats have said Kurz's push is a cover-up for the fact that Austria didn't initially buy all of the BioNTech/Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson doses made available to it under the pro-rata allocation."

According to the article these are additional doses over and above the doses ordered under the pro-rata allocation

Despite the thin justification for his demand, Kurz has had some initial success. In addition to dominating the leaders' summit, he got the EU’s vaccine steering board stripped of its authority to divide up the 10 million doses. The decision will now rest with EU diplomats, who will begin discussing the matter Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

EU humiliation: Investigation into AstraZeneca backfired as company told truth on vaccine

THE EUROPEAN UNION's inspection of an AstraZeneca plant backfired as authorities found the company had told the truth about vaccine shortages.

"The officials went in, then they came out and said 'there is a production problem' – they talked about there being a lack of raw materials."

When asked how the EU reacted to AstraZeneca's claims of short supply, Mr Boffey replied: "Blind fury.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1416856/eu-news-investigation-astrazeneca-company-told-truth-vaccine-uk-spt

70% of the raw materials come from that country that someone described as a Parasite country a country that by right should keep the raw materials for themselves in order to Parasite the label of a  Parasite country

The fact that there were problems in this particular factory is not new information, however, it was not the only plant in the EU.

While AZ assigned the failing factory's output to the EU, it has been delivering doses to the UK from its other EU plants which were working perfectly well (NL and Germany).  These two plants were actually the first plants to supply UK in 2020.

Interestingly enough, AZ only applied for EU approval of these two plants a few days ago.

Edited by candide

36 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Germany is also feeling frustrated with Angela Merkel wanting to purchase Sputnik but the EU's head of the vaccine task force refusing saying they just don't need any extra vaccines. They've got enough to reach herd immunity by July 14th.

Headless chickens running round in panic at the moment.

He who is obsessed with parasites and can now only be labelled as a troll, is a good example of just how desperate they are.

Edited by Bkk Brian

10 minutes ago, candide said:

The fact that there were problems in this particular factory is not new information, however, it was not the only plant in the EU.

While AZ assigned the failing factory's output to the EU, it has been delivering doses to the UK from its other EU plants which were working perfectly well (NL and Germany).  These two plants were actually the first plants to supply UK in 2020.

Interestingly enough, AZ only applied for EU approval of these two plants a few days ago.

The plant in the NL isn't an AZ plant its owned by a sub-contractor so no doubt had to go through additional processes before the plant would be approved by the EMA

The Plant in Germany doesn't produce any vaccines It is the same operation as the AZ plant in Italy where the receive the vaccine , provides glass vials and injects the liquid vaccine before shipment.

18 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The plant in the NL isn't an AZ plant its owned by a sub-contractor so no doubt had to go through additional processes before the plant would be approved by the EMA

The Plant in Germany doesn't produce any vaccines It is the same operation as the AZ plant in Italy where the receive the vaccine , provides glass vials and injects the liquid vaccine before shipment.

I know about the German plant. However, fact is that for these two plants (ok, never mind the German plant), who have been the first ones in operation, even before UK plants, AZ did not seek approval before very recently.

So among all possible plants, whether in UK or in the EU, AZ assigned the only failing plant to EU orders. Hmmmm...

Edited by candide

8 minutes ago, candide said:

I know about the German plant. However, fact is that for these two plants (ok, never mind the German plant), who have been the first ones in operation, even before UK plants, AZ did not seek approval before very recently.

So among all possible plants, whether in UK or in the EU, AZ assigned the only failing plant to EU orders. Hmmmm...

I assume you understand how these vaccines are produced it not the same as an automotive plant where so long as your are receiving inbound materials you can project exactly how many cars you can build each week

With these vaccines  you have cell cultures, big batches, 1000-litre or 2000-litre batches. and they are injected with the virus

Then those cells produce the vaccine Now, some of those batches have very high yield and others have low yield

Interesting article her by the ceo of AZ describes the whole process

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2021/01/26/news/interview_pascal_soriot_ceo_astrazeneca_coronavirus_covid_vaccines-284349628/

19 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I assume you understand how these vaccines are produced it not the same as an automotive plant where so long as your are receiving inbound materials you can project exactly how many cars you can build each week

With these vaccines  you have cell cultures, big batches, 1000-litre or 2000-litre batches. and they are injected with the virus

Then those cells produce the vaccine Now, some of those batches have very high yield and others have low yield

Interesting article her by the ceo of AZ describes the whole process

https://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2021/01/26/news/interview_pascal_soriot_ceo_astrazeneca_coronavirus_covid_vaccines-284349628/

You are not addressing the point I made. Let's start again with only the two vaccine production plants in the EU (excluding the filling plants in Germany and Italy), to make it more simple..

(1) These two plants are in the EU and not subject to the UK value chain agreement in June 2020. One has been working fine from the beginning. It actually started to supply UK even before the UK value chain was supplying anything. It has a proven record of successful production, the subcontractor is used to follow EU standards for other productions, so there was no reason it could not be easily approved by the EU. Then there's the Belgium plant which had some problem.

(2) the problem plant has been assigned to EU orders, but not the NL plant which was working perfectly. The latter has been used to fulfill other orders (including UK).

(3) Actually, AZ did not even apply until very recently for EU approval of the NL plant.

52 minutes ago, candide said:

You are not addressing the point I made. Let's start again with only the two vaccine production plants in the EU (excluding the filling plants in Germany and Italy), to make it more simple..

(1) These two plants are in the EU and not subject to the UK value chain agreement in June 2020. One has been working fine from the beginning. It actually started to supply UK even before the UK value chain was supplying anything. It has a proven record of successful production, the subcontractor is used to follow EU standards for other productions, so there was no reason it could not be easily approved by the EU. Then there's the Belgium plant which had some problem.

(2) the problem plant has been assigned to EU orders, but not the NL plant which was working perfectly. The latter has been used to fulfill other orders (including UK).

(3) Actually, AZ did not even apply until very recently for EU approval of the NL plant.

My understanding is that the UK didn't put restrictions into the contract between the UK and AZ as to what plants could be used and what plants couldn't be used

The contract between AZ and the NL plant wasn't signed until 8th December 2020 and it must take time to source the raw material before they can go to full production

Because you obtain a high yield in a batch of cell cultures doesn't mean that you will obtain the same high yield in the next batch.

The NL plant was not allowed to provide the EU with any vaccines until the EMA approved the plant

https://www.b3cnewswire.com/202012082161/halix-signs-agreement-with-astrazeneca-for-commercial-manufacture-of-covid-19-vaccine.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

My understanding is that the UK didn't put restrictions into the contract between the UK and AZ as to what plants could be used and what plants couldn't be used

The contract between AZ and the NL plant wasn't signed until 8th December 2020 and it must take time to source the raw material before they can go to full production

Because you obtain a high yield in a batch of cell cultures doesn't mean that you will obtain the same high yield in the next batch.

The NL plant was not allowed to provide the EU with any vaccines until the EMA approved the plant

https://www.b3cnewswire.com/202012082161/halix-signs-agreement-with-astrazeneca-for-commercial-manufacture-of-covid-19-vaccine.html

The agreement made in June was the UK supply chain agreement. The other contract, which stipulates 4 production sites, was signed after the EU conteact in August. So there was no precedence apart from the EU supply chain agreement.

Again, you fail to take into account what I wrote:

(1) the Halix plant was the first to supply UK, before UK sites, as cited by several sources, I.e.

"AstraZeneca also has some plants in Europe, with sites in Germany and the Netherlands producing the jab - these were the first to be rolled out in the UK"

So if they were the first, they cannot be late to be ready, right?

(2) Contrary to what you try to suggest, the approval was not late because the EMA took too much time to check, it was because AZ did not seek approval

March 26, 2021 3:42 PM GMT+1

On Friday, two days after it was reported that AstraZeneca had asked for the authorization, the EMA came through.

https://fortune.com/2021/03/26/astrazeneca-plant-halix-covid-vaccines-ema/

So AZ applied only on 24 March

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, candide said:

The agreement made in June was the UK supply chain agreement. The other contract, which stipulates 4 production sites, was signed after the EU conteact in August. So there was no precedence apart from the EU supply chain agreement.

Again, you fail to take into account what I wrote:

(1) the Halix plant was the first to supply UK, before UK sites, as cited by several sources, I.e.

"AstraZeneca also has some plants in Europe, with sites in Germany and the Netherlands producing the jab - these were the first to be rolled out in the UK"

So if they were the first, they cannot be late to be ready, right?

(2) Contrary to what you try to suggest, the approval was not late because the EMA took too much time to check, it was because AZ did not seek approval

March 26, 2021 3:42 PM GMT+1

On Friday, two days after it was reported that AstraZeneca had asked for the authorization, the EMA came through.

https://fortune.com/2021/03/26/astrazeneca-plant-halix-covid-vaccines-ema/

So AZ applied only on 24 March

As you have posted I never suggested that approval was late because the EMA took too much time to authorize the plant

Here is what I posted "the NL plant was not allowed to provide the EU with any vaccines until the EMA approved the plant"

Which is totally correct

And I have no issue with your statement that 

the Halix plant was the first to supply UK, before UK sites, and as stated again AZ was unable to provide the EU with any vaccines until the EMA approved the plant"

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

As you have posted I never suggested that approval was late because the EMA took too much time to authorize the plant

Here is what I posted "the NL plant was not allowed to provide the EU with any vaccines until the EMA approved the plant"

Which is totally correct

And I have no issue with your statement that 

the Halix plant was the first to supply UK, before UK sites, and as stated again AZ was unable to provide the EU with any vaccines until the EMA approved the plant"

Ok so we agree on facts.

Facts lead me to raise a question:

- why is it that AZ did not apply for EMA approval much earlier, in order to be able to supply the EU from the only factory in the EU which was working perfectly?

It looks like a bad joke:

- "we cannot supply you from the NL plant because the factory is not approved by the EMA".

- "But you did not seek approval!"

- " we could supply you from the Belgium plant, but it doesn't work" ????

• Like 1