New Suzuki Swift unveiled at the Bangkok International Motor Show 2021

webfact

2 hours ago, ThailandFoodExpert said:

They should sell one with a good engine as the mini, around 200 HP and a Turbo would be enough.

This car is even nicer than the ugly new mini that people might buy only because they have no taste.

By the way, what is the smallest powerful car that we can find here ?

I do not call a car powerful if it hasn't at least 200 HP.

The Supra is pretty nice, it makes 382 @ 5,000  and 519 @ 6,500.

I was looking a buying a swift in Greece

Almost every swift sold in Europe is a light Hybrid. and at reasonable prices. I understand the prices in Thailand are higher because of the taxes, but why don't they have the hybrid option available in Thailand?

image.png.52ce6306878faac1c58282d6c0cfd4f6.png

I'd like a swifter Suzuki.  Like this V6 Escudo hill climber.  Twin-turbocharged 2.5-litre V6 engine with a power output of 732 kW; 995 PS (981 hp) at 9000 rpm. It had four-wheel drive and weighed 800 kg.

Suzuki_Escudo.jpg

A death cage, this Japanese cars are not made safe. True they are already small and the space is very limited.... but I for sure wouldn't wanna be in any of these cars during an accident.

I guess they have a lot to learn from European car makers....

Nowadays Japanese cars score very well on safety tests because their tech in active safety is pretty amazing. But don't let that fool you, when everything else fails your only hope is passive safety, and Japanese cars passive safety, well.......

Edited by ctxa

35 minutes ago, Smithson said:

I think a new Supra is around 5.5 mil. There's a version of the Vios that is 200hp, it's 2.5 mil.

Vios or Yaris ?

I'd love a Yaris GR, (270HP/6 speed manual/All wheel drive), don't think they are sold here though... well not officially anyways

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Vios or Yaris ?

I'd love a Yaris GR, (270HP/6 speed manual/All wheel drive), don't think they are sold here though... well not officially anyways

You're correct, it's the Yaris and they are available here, 2.6mil. I wonder how that compares with Euro cars in the same class?

https://www.toyota.co.th/gryaris/

Edited by Smithson

4 hours ago, Smithson said:

I think a new Supra is around 5.5 mil. There's a version of the Vios that is 200hp, it's 2.5 mil.

The Hayabusa is a motorbike with a 1.3 Lt 197hp engine. Here is in a Suzuki prototype 

I would not buy either, but I would pay 5.5 for a Supra long before I would pay 2.5 for a Yaris. 

On 3/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, CharlieH said:

Never could get my head around Suzuki making cars, dont like them, and to me they will always be mortorcycles manufacturers.

Suzuki are or used to be the leading car manufacturer in India. 

Edited by VocalNeal

Visited the Motor Show today, thought it was well worth a visit. Did my 90 day report (took less than 20 minutes) then walked from there over to Challenger 1-3. 

Cars, bikes, RVs, Watercraft & accessories. Did not seem as big as years past likely due to covid. All-in-all a pleasant day. 

A lot of good looking cars, but I thought the best looking car at the show was the Austin-Martin. 

This year they also had what looked like a big used car sales are as well but as I am not in the market I did not walk through.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Visited the Motor Show today, thought it was well worth a visit. Did my 90 day report (took less than 20 minutes) then walked from there over to Challenger 1-3. 

Cars, bikes, RVs, Watercraft & accessories. Did not seem as big as years past likely due to covid. All-in-all a pleasant day. 

A lot of good looking cars, but I thought the best looking car at the show was the Austin-Martin. 

This year they also had what looked like a big used car sales are as well but as I am not in the market I did not walk through.

Did you have to pay an entry fee?